+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC in NY

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
Hi there,

This is my first time I put a topic in this forum. I appreciate if you provide any information, your experience or advices.
I am currently in Canada with valid student visa from part of Asia, but my current visa is going to be expired. So I applied my extension visa as a visitor and wait the decision within Canada now.

I plan to apply my initial work permit under the live in caregiver program from Canada. I meet all requirement.
My first plan was to submit my application to the visa office in NY (consulate) from Canada by mail and wait the decision within Canada. I know many people who could do that before.
But I heard the rule is changed and I cannot sent it to the consulate by mail from Canada anymore. I only can submit in person or online if I visit US and stay and wait within US until all process has done.
So I wanted to know first that all these information is true or not.

My second question is about VAC (visa application office) in NY. As many member already knew, VAC opened last July in NY. I don't know about it very much. But I heard I could submit my application by courier or in person if I visit US and wait within the US until finishing the all process. I wanted to know/hear if somebody has experience to use the office instead of using the consulate directly. I really wanted to know the process time. Also I wonder that anyone from another country can submit their application in the VAC if they can stay within the US as visitor (as foreigner, not a citizen in the US) .

Thank you so much for reading my long message and much appreciate in advance if you could answer my questions. Especially I am happy if I can hear from somebody who has similar experience through the live in caregiver program. I have been researching about my question, but I could not find the right one! I called VAC and CIC office over 10 times each, but the single agent told me different things!!

Thanks again for your help!

farukSYED

Apr 7, 2012
People who are lawfully admitted in the US are able to submit with permit application to the NY Canadian consulate. That should include visitors.

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
Dear farukSYED

Thank you for your replay. I believe that I am eligible to apply in NY as a visitor. I am really wondering why I could not find any information about who submitted an application through the VAC office since CIC encourages us to submit it there. I called VAC over 10 times, and all agencies told me that the processing time is around 30 days including all process until we could hear the finalization.... People are really struggling to wait their visa approval for such a long time. But once again, I feel so strange why I cannot find anyone who submitted their application to the VAC.....

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
Dear all members

Please provide or share your experience or any information related to my questions! I need your help!!
Thank you so much in advance!!