+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Utter Confusion, Seniors please guide.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in a state of utter confusion. I would be eligible Mar 29 2015

I would need to submit 2 ids with my application. I have two options, Along with PR card or Foreign Passport I can send ::

a) Health card: I lost my health card in October 2014 and so I got a new one. But the problem is the issue date is Oct 2014 only. So to CIC wouldn't this sound like I got the Health card only recently. Is there any chance of triggering RQ ? Because unfortunately they won't be able to know on the face of it that it is a replaced card and NOT the new one.

(somewhat +ve news is that it will be almost 6 months between issue date of health card and my citizenship application date)

b) Drivers License: I would be changing my address at the end of February as I am moving then. So it will be less than 3 months from application date (C1 trigger???)

So I would now request to please advice What do I do? Which is the better option for me? Health card or License???

I would really appreciate your guidance.

Many thanks
T

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
i used my drivers license and my passport as two pieces of ID

You can use your health card and passport as two pieces of ID.

The concept of triggering RQ because the IDs have got recently renewed is less now a days but there is no sure confirmation whether it will trigger RQ or not. Having recently issued IDs is a RQ trigger because it might show that the applicant recently came back to Canada. However, there are many factors that contribute to RQ. You may google to see various reasons.

Please don't stress yourself. Even if you get a new drivers license it will show your new address and you have to mention that new address on your citizenship application as the address for past 4 years. when the cic officer will check your address history and if he compares it with your drivers license then he will see that you recently moved to new address and because of that you have got your drivers license reissued.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest that you copy your current licence and send it along with your new licence, so they can see that you had a licence for more than a few months.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
i used my drivers license and my passport as two pieces of ID

You can use your health card and passport as two pieces of ID.

The concept of triggering RQ because the IDs have got recently renewed is less now a days but there is no sure confirmation whether it will trigger RQ or not. Having recently issued IDs is a RQ trigger because it might show that the applicant recently came back to Canada. However, there are many factors that contribute to RQ. You may google to see various reasons.

Please don't stress yourself. Even if you get a new drivers license it will show your new address and you have to mention that new address on your citizenship application as the address for past 4 years. when the cic officer will check your address history and if he compares it with your drivers license then he will see that you recently moved to new address and because of that you have got your drivers license reissued.
Thank you

So what option you think is more better IN MY CASE?

license + PP OR Health + PP??? I am asking specifically for my case mentioned above in my post

Regards

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that nobody can tell you a guarantee working plan to 100% avoid the triggering of an RQ...
That scenario simply doesn't exist.

You think that something might trigger RQ, but the reality is that is very possible something completely different to be the trigger.

There is no way someone here to say what might seem suspicious in the head of an agent when he is processing your application.

There is no transparency in that process... there are over 400 agents and everyone of them has it own believes and working manners.

Two absolutely identical applications might end up in a completely different ways and scenarios.

Everything is in the head of the agent. For every agent different factors might be RQ triggers... it is unpredictable.

Every applicant is in danger to get RQ.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tiarachel85 said:
Thank you

So what option you think is more better IN MY CASE?

license + PP OR Health + PP??? I am asking specifically for my case mentioned above in my post

Regards
I would suggest you to use the copies of biographical pages of your passport and your health card.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
tiarachel85 said:
I am in a state of utter confusion. I would be eligible Mar 29 2015

I would need to submit 2 ids with my application. I have two options, Along with PR card or Foreign Passport I can send ::

a) Health card: I lost my health card in October 2014 and so I got a new one. But the problem is the issue date is Oct 2014 only. So to CIC wouldn't this sound like I got the Health card only recently. Is there any chance of triggering RQ ? Because unfortunately they won't be able to know on the face of it that it is a replaced card and NOT the new one.

(somewhat +ve news is that it will be almost 6 months between issue date of health card and my citizenship application date)

b) Drivers License: I would be changing my address at the end of February as I am moving then. So it will be less than 3 months from application date (C1 trigger???)

So I would now request to please advice What do I do? Which is the better option for me? Health card or License???

I would really appreciate your guidance.

Many thanks
T
whats the problem here? I changed my address in July 2014; DL issued after two weeks. I applied in September. No RQ. And if would be; whats the problem?

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
What if someone applies with a DL and Health Card and then after applying, closer to the expiry dates of these cards, get both (DL and Health Card) renewed with the same address.. would presenting the renewed card (with the same address) create any issues???