+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using Closed work permit Offer letter for Express Entry profile

mhtk

Feb 16, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Could you please provide your views on my below queries.
I have a Express Entry CRS score of 512 if I attach my current offer letter which my employer has provided for my closed work permit.

Queries:
1. Offer letter provided for Close work permit has an end date mentioned in it. Can I use the offer letter provided for closed work permit in my profile?
2. If I get picked under general draw, Does my employer need to fill the Employer form?(They are not wiling to fill the same)

Thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Could you please provide your views on my below queries.
I have a Express Entry CRS score of 512 if I attach my current offer letter which my employer has provided for my closed work permit.

Queries:
1. Offer letter provided for Close work permit has an end date mentioned in it. Can I use the offer letter provided for closed work permit in my profile?
2. If I get picked under general draw, Does my employer need to fill the Employer form?(They are not wiling to fill the same)

Thank you in advance.
You need an updated, new job offer with the statement that you will have a permanent job one year past PR. Letter must be recent.

antoromeo18

Dec 13, 2023
How old were the job letters from your friends?
Not sure about that, it might be 6 months old, he got this offer letter for work permit extension.
Our extension offer letter says that employeer like to extend work authorization for another 24 months. No specific end date mentioned.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure about that, it might be 6 months old, he got this offer letter for work permit extension.
Our extension offer letter says that employeer like to extend work authorization for another 24 months. No specific end date mentioned.
So you got PR approved with extension offer as you say “OUR”.

antoromeo18

Dec 13, 2023
I received work permit extension offer letter on Feb 2024 and it says employeer extending for another 24 months. I am in EE pool my employer will provide PR offer letter as per Ircc standard only after my current work permit extension is approved. So if I get ITA before work permit approval then I will submit work permit offer letter with LOE. I won't have any other option.

mhtk

Feb 16, 2024
I got my revised offer letter just last week but it has an end date of March 2025.
Do you think it's worth taking the risk?

antoromeo18

Dec 13, 2023
I got my revised offer letter just last week but it has an end date of March 2025.
Do you think it's worth taking the risk?
Check with your employeer if they can provide offer letter for PR specific format. If not you have to try.

mhtk

Feb 16, 2024
I already checked and my employer wont be providing a separate offer letter. This is the only letter which they provided for WP extension.
My concern is, if worst case scenario my application is rejected for the reason that job offer is not eligible then will it have any negative remark if I submit a new application in future.