+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA vs UK degree

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi Folks,

I want to know in general irrespective of area of study which country degree is more acceptable or valued by employers in Canada, USA or UK?

Thank you very much for your valuable feed back.

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Hi Folks,

I want to know in general irrespective of area of study which country degree is more acceptable or valued by employers in Canada, USA or UK?

Thank you very much for your valuable feed back.
IMHO its a subjective question with a subjective answer depending on different employers.
I mean a Degree from a different Country(other than the prior two) could still be of the same value/acceptable. In terms of value, this is why there are organizations like WES to evaluate Credentials to determine its equivalent value with respect to Canada. The ECA's are recognized not only by government and school institutions but also by many Business, Companies or employers. For jobs that are regulated, the ECA result could mean additional studies or could be plus credits. It will affect your qualification.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Folks,
I would say there is little difference "in general." However, respective fields - they do matter.

Reactions: Vitesze

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I would say there is little difference "in general." However, respective fields - they do matter.
Agreed. I received an MSc in Environmental Sciences at a European university, and most people here in Metro Vancouver treat it as on par with a UBC/SFU degree (the two main universities here), so I had no trouble finding a job. There's plenty of other fields though where you can't even legally work with a foreign degree without appropriate certifications/licenses.

Reactions: jes_ON