29 May 2012
File Transfer...
7 June 2012
Med's Done....
24 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26 June 2012 (Received by New Delhi VO on 28 June 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2012
LANDED..........
9 Sep 2012
Hi guys,
I hold indian passport but i am a permanent resident in canada.
I want to know that do i need to get a visa to enter US?
Thanks

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
jot1988 said:
Hi guys,
I hold indian passport but i am a permanent resident in canada.
I want to know that do i need to get a visa to enter US?
Thanks
Yes you need US Visitors Visa to enter USA..

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Until your a Canadian Citizen you will need a Visitors Visa as you are just a permanent resident

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
You can go online and fill out the application online. Have an electronic 2" x 2" picture ready to submit at end of your application. Once you pay the application fee and booked an appointment at the nearest US embassy or consulate, you are ready. You must have your PR card with you at the embassy. They will want proof that you are indeed a PR holder.

After a long tedious process of security at the embassy, you will have an 5 mins interview and if it all goes well, the officer will inform you that your visa is approved. They will send the passport by courier by location assigned by you.

BTW: when you do get US visa in your passport, it will be good for 10 years.

Screech339

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Good to read, I am a Canadian Citizen, I used to work and live in the US with my spouse who has H4 Visa(As a dependent of H!B).

Four Years ago, I moved back to Canada with my Spouse and later filed for PR which is almost done. With the help of my MP and the Immigration Minister the process is almost over. We should be able to get final decision either this week or early next week as stated in the email because this in long overdue. Application was submitted in January, 2011.

My question is this, I would like to go back to US and work. What type of Visa is good for my spouse as PR and spouse of a Canadian Citizen? (H1B or TD Visa). Now that she will be PR. Does that mean she will obtain 10yrs Visitor visa?

Thanks,

POLICAP

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
POLICAP said:
Good to read, I am a Canadian Citizen, I used to work and live in the US with my spouse who has H4 Visa(As a dependent of H!B).

Four Years ago, I moved back to Canada with my Spouse and later filed for PR which is almost done. With the help of my MP and the Immigration Minister the process is almost over. We should be able to get final decision either this week or early next week as stated in the email because this in long overdue. Application was submitted in January, 2011.

My question is this, I would like to go back to US and work. What type of Visa is good for my spouse as PR and spouse of a Canadian Citizen? (H1B or TD Visa). Now that she will be PR. Does that mean she will obtain 10yrs Visitor visa?

Thanks,

POLICAP
It depends on how long you want to stay in US. H1B visa is a dual intent visa that you can use if you want to get a green card and stay permanently in US. However H1B visa is only good for a maximum of 6 year (3 initial - 2 year renewal - 1 year final). After that you have to move back to Canada and wait a year to reapply for H1B visa again.

The TN visa is good for 3 years and has no renewal limits. However after so many renewals, US border will begin to question just how temporary this job really is.

There is a limitation to TN visa as I was on it for 5 years. You cannot get any bank laon, car loan, mortgage for a house while on TN visa. Plus wife can never work as long as you work in US on TN.

I left to go back to Canada after I determined that I cannot finacially invest in my family long term in the US. I cannot get a house, I cannot buy a car unless I pay it all up front. It is difficult to do that when you have 2 kids at home. Plus with my wife willing and wanting to work, we had no choice but to move back home where she can actually work.

Screech339

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Thanks for your quick response. I am a professional working in the US for more than 10 years. I have worked for more than 6 years with TN Visa, Later I switched to H1B. With TN, I bought 2 cars in the US. You can buy a house even as a Canadian. In a nut shell you can invest in the US. As long as you have a good job and US good credit scores. My job is not all that common in Canada and wherever there is an opening in Canada, either they discriminate against you or paying less than what you're presently making in the US.
My only option is to work in the US and invest in Canadian economy. I should be flying inn at every 2 weeks and my wife can visit whenever she likes.

POLICAP

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
POLICAP said:
Thanks for your quick response. I am a professional working in the US for more than 10 years. I have worked for more than 6 years with TN Visa, Later I switched to H1B. With TN, I bought 2 cars in the US. You can buy a house even as a Canadian. In a nut shell you can invest in the US. As long as you have a good job and US good credit scores. My job is not all that common in Canada and wherever there is an opening in Canada, either they discriminate against you or paying less than what you're presently making in the US.
My only option is to work in the US and invest in Canadian economy. I should be flying inn at every 2 weeks and my wife can visit whenever she likes.

POLICAP
It doesn't matter if I am canadian or not. US banks will not give me a 30 year mortgage to anyone with a 3 year TEMPORARY visa. Same goes for car loans. They will not issue me a 5 year finance plan to someone who has a 3 year TEMPORARY visa, regardless if I have good credit rating. I would be forced to buy a car in Canada and bring it to US. Or get a car lease based on 3 year max.

With the housing crash in the US, they are tightening up the requirements in qualifying for US mortgage nowadays.

Screech339

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
If you have good job that is permanent with a reputable company in the US as well as valid SSN (US Social Security Number). You can buy whatever you want even a house in the US. If Canadian job market is good and discrimination free, then , why living in the US.
But Canadian government is not ready to change that. Technologically Canada is backward. I am sorry to say.

mdmm

Aug 24, 2009
Hi,
I am a Pakistani citizen in Pakistan.
I was applied for Family based immigration by my father in 2007 in Pakistan . My two son were 13 and 15 years old and are now 23 and 26 years old.My priority date is closer but I did not receive any letter from USA.
Kindly let me know does age matter for my 2 sons to qualify for USA immigration / Green Card on Family category ??