+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Usa verification for citizenship

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello
Anyone has got usa Police verification done for Canadian citizenship?
Need to understand process -PCC submitted for PR application will not work here?
Thank u in advance

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello
Need to understand process -PCC submitted for PR application will not work here?
Thank u in advance
Hi, recently I done with USA PCC for Canadian citizenship.

PCC at the time of PR will not work since I believe it is valid for 6 months only.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Can u plz tell me the process ?
The only difference now if you are in Canada and you don’t have any local USA id then follow this process ——- If u r in canada, create an account online, give ur finger prints in canada, mail that fingerprint card along with copy of email from USA to FBI through usps/ups/fedex etc.

Last edited:

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Thank u so much!
That was really helpful.can we get stamp pad and get finger prints or need to go to some agency to get finger prints?
Also do my kids who are below 10yrs also need to give fingerprints?

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Thank u so much!
That was really helpful.can we get stamp pad and get finger prints or need to go to some agency to get finger prints?
Personally I went to some agency and fingerprint's done

Also do my kids who are below 10yrs also need to give fingerprints?
No idea bro as I don’t have kids.

Do u apply Canadian citizenship online or paper based?

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
One more question, I am starting filing my Canadian Citizenship application online and when I am going to Physical presence tab, I am confusing which option I have to choose for adding all of my Exit/Entry trips since I am working in Michigan and I can daily up down from Windsor to Michigan but in dropdown the options are:

1. Business Trip
2. Business Trip (self employed)
3. My job in the transportation industry
4.Work and travel ( working holiday)
5. Studied Abroad
6.Tourism (such as vacation)
7.Visited a family member
8. other

According to me, I need to select point 4 but point 4 is confusing because in the bracket they mentioned (working holiday) and for me I am daily up down and it's not holiday.

If I select other which is point 8, then some other box is open which is Description.

What you suggest point 4 or point 8? Please help me out.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello
Thank u in advance
Are you sure PCC is required for the people who have moved directly from USA to Canada?? I read the clause where it said for people who have lived in USA for certain period of time and moved to Canada doesn't need PCC. Double check once.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Are you sure PCC is required for the people who have moved directly from USA to Canada?? I read the clause where it said for people who have lived in USA for certain period of time and moved to Canada doesn't need PCC. Double check once.
Yes it says if lived outside in last 4 yrs then u need PCC..in our case we were there for 1yr

Reactions: swan0206