+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA Banks - Proof of Funds

Jan 16, 2018
Question on canada immigration: How did you all manage to get letter from bank meeting this requirement:
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans
I was able to get account summary for checking and savings accounts. however, doesn't look like they have any format to issue debt summaries of credit cards and mortgages.

Any idea?

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Question on canada immigration: How did you all manage to get letter from bank meeting this requirement:
  • list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans
I was able to get account summary for checking and savings accounts. however, doesn't look like they have any format to issue debt summaries of credit cards and mortgages.

Any idea?
I did not get a list of Credit Cards, debt, etc... I went to my bank and asked for an official statement letter that shows all of my accounts (Checking + Savings) average balance for the past 6 months. This was BoFA. They were able to produce it on the spot.

Needed another copy after several weeks, went to another branch, they put in the request and it came in the mail within a week or so. Used it as the only evidence for "proof of funds" - got the PR with no issues.

With that being said, I did not submit any debts/credit card details and was never asked to.

Reactions: undecidedamerican