+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA applying for spouse PR in Canada. May have lost visitor visa document!!!

LMat

Oct 30, 2009
I've been in Canada since March of 2007 on an expired six month visitor visa. I know, stupid. But my wife and I got married in August of 2007 and submitted an application for extension, but it was denied. Young and in love newly weds, we couldn't part. Not with how vague the information was on when I could return.
So, for too many reasons to list, I remained, never working illegally, mind you, not applying for PR until now.

Going through the PR application checklist I see that I require *Indication of status in Canada (e.g. visitor visa, study or work permit, etc. etc. including out of status documentation) I was sure we'd put all related information in one spot so it would not get lost or damaged, but now I cannot find it anywhere. I'm not completely sure it is gone, but I've been turning the place upside down trying to find it.

What do I do if I can't find this document? Is there a way to request a copy or a new one? It's been so long since I got it, I don't know what to do.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

LMat said:
I've been in Canada since March of 2007 on an expired six month visitor visa. I know, stupid. But my wife and I got married in August of 2007 and submitted an application for extension, but it was denied. Young and in love newly weds, we couldn't part. Not with how vague the information was on when I could return.
So, for too many reasons to list, I remained, never working illegally, mind you, not applying for PR until now.

Going through the PR application checklist I see that I require *Indication of status in Canada (e.g. visitor visa, study or work permit, etc. etc. including out of status documentation) I was sure we'd put all related information in one spot so it would not get lost or damaged, but now I cannot find it anywhere. I'm not completely sure it is gone, but I've been turning the place upside down trying to find it.

What do I do if I can't find this document? Is there a way to request a copy or a new one? It's been so long since I got it, I don't know what to do.
1. It would take at least for months for a copy of the document, just outline that you were issued a visitor record, (when) applied for and extension and were refused. You should include a request for an open work permit with the sponsorship if you are applying in Canada.

PMM