+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Visitors Visa with RTD - PR In Process

wezhira

Mar 14, 2017
Hi All, I am a protected person with RTD , applied for PR but still in process. and wanting to apply for US Visitors Visa..I came through the US and made claim at Canadian border, I am wondering if this might affect the US Visa application? I have sufficient documents to show ties in Canada.
Anyone with experience or knowledge about this, kindly share..Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can expect this will impact the application. Chances of approval are very low but you can certainly try.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes we have recently seen most who crossed irregular border being refused. I would imagine it is due to not using their visas for the intended purpose which was usually visiting US temporarily.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi All, I am a protected person with RTD , applied for PR but still in process. and wanting to apply for US Visitors Visa..I came through the US and made claim at Canadian border, I am wondering if this might affect the US Visa application? I have sufficient documents to show ties in Canada.
Anyone with experience or knowledge about this, kindly share..Thanks
Were you undocumented in the USA at the time of crossing, or did you apply for a US visa, arrive into the US, then go to the border to make your claim ?
If you applied for an American Visa, arrived into the USA, then went to the Canadian Border to make a claim, the chances of getting a US Visa are slim to none. Not saying a definite no, but chances are very very low. They will take into account how you used your US visa. Did you use it as you said you would? That being, you came to the USA for a visit, then left back to your home country. Or did you use your US visa as a means to enter the USA, then high tail it to the border to make your claim. If you did the second, then it is misrepresentation. And if you misused your US visa in that instance, why would they take a chance you would not do it again ? Abiding by the terms and conditions of the visa issued is one of the cornerstones of the visa.
I also believe that when people are coming over the border from the USA to Canada, not thru a POE, but thru a unmanned border, they are advised, by doing that, it COULD effect, not saying it will, any future travel to the USA.
If you were undocumented in the USA, and staying illegal, once again the chances are low.

Last edited:

Fawazo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
well update us anyhow if you decide to go with it. I wanna try my luck too, i'm in the same boat as you