+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US VISA application with RTD

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hi. I sent passport last monday and today they sent email. I must to attend For an interview. But i'm checking the dates and I want to cry. Really far.
The same happened to me and I got an appointment after one month.

Keep looking and new slots should be opened.

Good luck.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
The same happened to me and I got an appointment after one month.

Keep looking and new slots should be opened.

Good luck.

It's good You got and slot!

Did You make first the appointment on 2026 and they just reschedule or did You leave it without appointment until You get an early slot?

Which frecuency do You recommend to check the webpage? I'm been trying but nothing appears . Just on the far way june 2026.

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
It's good You got and slot!

Did You make first the appointment on 2026 and they just reschedule or did You leave it without appointment until You get an early slot?

Which frecuency do You recommend to check the webpage? I'm been trying but nothing appears . Just on the far way june 2026.
Yes .. I booked firstly a 2026 appointment. Then I got a free slot. it was on Feb 2024.

I was checking whenever I have free time. I wasn't following specific strategy.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Florcita

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Yes .. I booked firstly a 2026 appointment. Then I got a free slot. it was on Feb 2024.

I was checking whenever I have free time. I wasn't following specific strategy.

Good luck.
You know I was tryig. Changed twice. Now Im booked on March 2026 but after that is like locked. Only appears there are no available schedule for Calgary. It´s weird . Maybe the system locked me because changed two times in same day :eek: .

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
You know I was tryig. Changed twice. Now Im booked on March 2026 but after that is like locked. Only appears there are no available schedule for Calgary. It´s weird . Maybe the system locked me because changed two times in same day :eek: .
it will show available dates when there will be availability don't worry keep checking I was hoping you would get visa without an interview :( Do you apply alone or with family?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
thanks for your reply but is there anyone who got a visa without an interview on RTD while having a previous us visa issued?
No in my case- My visa is still valid until December but as my passport is was seized so I cant used. I dont know if they cancel my visa but they said I have to go in person. So hopefully Ill get an spot before the 2 years!o_O

May 21, 2023
Good morning
Does anyone know how much time I have to send my documents after the embassy approves you to waive the interview? Is there a time limit to send the documents?

May 21, 2023
My USA visa expired 1 and a half years ago, I entered as a refugee, Now I have my RTD. Do I apply for the interview waiver or will I necessarily go to the interview? Is there anyone here like my case who was able to access the waiver?
Thanks in advance

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
My USA visa expired 1 and a half years ago, I entered as a refugee, Now I have my RTD. Do I apply for the interview waiver or will I necessarily go to the interview? Is there anyone here like my case who was able to access the waiver?
Thanks in advance

I applied and sent My documents. After they emailed me that i have to go to interview.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks in advance
You need an interview

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hi guys,

How long did it take you to get your RTD back with the US visa (Ottawa office) ?....................I was told it would take couple weeks and now it's been two weeks.

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Hi guys,

How long did it take you to get your RTD back with the US visa (Ottawa office) ?....................I was told it would take couple weeks and now it's been two weeks.
I dont know if with RTD is fast. But with passport I am in my 9 week of waiting and just changed from refused to administrative processing, and it says it will take more weeks to aproved it.