+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US VISA application with RTD

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hi. I was trying to apply to the US visa but I know I get the requirements for the interview waiver. I dont know what I answered wrong in the final responses of the system and it sent me to schedule the interview.
Does somebody know how to change the answer, when is asking about your visas? Is not in the DS160 form, is it when you ar schedulling the interview. The interviews dates are more than 2 years so I wonder if it is possible to change the answers. It requested if I was in possesion of the visa (it is on my seized passport) and I answered no. I guess that´s why it sent me to make interview.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi. I was trying to apply to the U visa but I know I get the requirements for the interview waiver. But I dont know what I answer wrong in the final responses of the system and it sent me to schedule the interview.
Does somebody know how to change the answe, when is asking about your visas? Is not in the DS160 form, is it when you schedulling the interview. The interviews are more than 2 years so I wonder if is possible to change the answers. It request if I was in possesion of the visa (it is on my seized passport) and I answer no. I guess that´s why it sent me to make interview.
You need to attend interview. Even if you answered yes, that visa is cancelled after your refugee claim

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi. I was trying to apply to the U visa but I know I get the requirements for the interview waiver. But I dont know what I answer wrong in the final responses of the system and it sent me to schedule the interview.
Does somebody know how to change the answe, when is asking about your visas? Is not in the DS160 form, is it when you schedulling the interview. The interviews are more than 2 years so I wonder if is possible to change the answers. It request if I was in possesion of the visa (it is on my seized passport) and I answer no. I guess that´s why it sent me to make interview.
Hey! Call visa section tomorrow and let them know you answered the questions wrong and you want to do it again. When you answer your question there is one asks about your visa issued after ……. Year. Say yes to this question. And you will be able to get it.

Reactions: Florcita

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hey! Call visa section tomorrow and let them know you answered the questions wrong and you want to do it again. When you answer your question there is one asks about your visa issued after ……. Year. Say yes to this question. And you will be able to get it.

Thanks. I Will!!!

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
how do you all have RTD already? Mine is stuck for almost 4 months now :(
I applied on aug 23, 2023 and i receivedon october 10, 2023. Thanks God, it was good time. But you can fill a webform and ask about it.
Good luck!

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
And when you receive the instructions send your documents. Copy of your passport and visa (seized by Ircc). Later even if they decide for interview you will get sooner date. Don’t worry.

Hi. I call them and modify the answer and i was waived of the interview. Just have to send the passport. Thanks God.
So you said only send the copy of the old passport and the page of the visa?
in other thread somebody wrote that he sent a letter explaining the situation of the passport. Do you think is needed?
Thank for your kind comments.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi. I call them and modify the answer and i was waived of the interview. Just have to send the passport. Thanks God.
in other thread somebody wrote that he sent a letter explaining the situation of the passport. Do you think is needed?
I am happy for you:) I just sent them copy of my passport and visa from ırcc. My visa was cancelled before. Maybe because of that they called me for interview. But when they opened the system for me I got date for next week. I did not write any letter.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Have you received the instructions or you are on the queue?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Have you received the instructions or you are on the queue?
I already have the instructions. I will send the RTD next monday because in the office of BLS dont open on saturdays. Must wait until Monday.
Do you know how long it takes? Maybe one month?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I already have the instructions. I will send the RTD next monday because in the office of BLS dont open on saturdays. Must wait until Monday.
Do you know how long it takes? Maybe one month?
That time I received instructions right away. But later they started put people for queue. When you send your documents I think you will get it in 10 days. If they approve without interview. If they ask for interview they will send your documents back and want you to book appointment.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
That time I received instructions right away. But later they started put people for queue. When you send your documents I think you will get it in 10 days. If they approve without interview. If they ask for interview they will send your documents back and want you to book appointment.

Hopefully I can get it without interview. If not I hope the interview wotn be longer. Because now are available on June 2026:eek:.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hopefully I can get it without interview. If not I hope the interview wotn be longer. Because now are available on June 2026:eek:.
I hope they approve without interview. But if you will see very close days for interview. Don’t worry:) doesn’t matter both way you will get your visa in a month:) let me know again. If they ask for interview let me know pls. I’ll tell u more:)
Be careful when you send your documents. You need to put your address etc and it will give you instructions. Print them. One page for Canada post( u no need to pay) the others inside the envelope.