+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us tourist visa B1 B2

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
If you want to go to the US:
- You must use the passport on which the US visa stamps+ PR card. If this passport expires, you need another valid passport ( same country) + PR card.
By ex, if you have dual citizenship ( Mexico, Brazil) and your US visa stamps on an expired Brazilian passport. You need a new VALID Brazilian passport+ Expired Brazilian passport with US visa+ PR card...

You can not use 2 different passport to travel with a US visa even you are a dual citizen.... One or another.

Don't forget to contact CPB, US immigration or any agency to get the updated information before heading to the US.
I only have one country passport not two one has expired which I got my usa visa that passport With me another one in Montreal office I am trying to get it back from officer but that passport has only canada visa all my other countries visa on on my old passport .

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Once you claim asylum countries that share information can cancel your visa electronically. If you entered Canada via the US to claim asylum the chances increase that your visa gets cancelled. If your visa is still valid it still always comes to to US border patrol whether your able to enter the country.
My usa visa not cancel I have clean record in usa they gave me 6 months entry I back with in one month I travel most usa as genuine tourist so they have no reason to cancel my visa and usa visa is number my numbers are clean .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Once you claim asylum countries that share information can cancel your visa electronically. If you entered Canada via the US to claim asylum the chances increase that your visa gets cancelled. If your visa is still valid it still always comes to to US border patrol whether your able to enter the country.
That is not correct. His visa is still valid, he can travel and be subjected to Boarder procedures just like any other non-immigrant visa holders. Claiming refugee in other countries does not invalidate valid visas from others, including United States. However if holder intend to travel for purpose of claiming asylum in the United States or found to misrepresent, USCIS may cancel visa without prejudice.

Last edited:
Reactions: nirjhoroliver

frange

May 25, 2018
That is not correct. His visa is still valid, he can travel and be subjected to Boarder procedures just like any other non-immigrant visa holders. Claiming refugee in other countries does not invalidate valid visas from others, including United States. However if holder intend to travel for purpose of claiming asylum in the United States or found to misrepresent, USCIS may cancel visa without prejudice.
Exactly, USA and Canada share information each other; certainly they will know if they want to; but OP did not violate any immigration law or misrepresented in the US and his immigration record is clean.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Claiming asylum can lead to having your visa cancelled electronically without advising you so would suggest people check that their visa is still valid.

Reactions: Lolly smiles

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Exactly, USA and Canada share information each other; certainly they will know if they want to; but OP did not violate any immigration law or misrepresented in the US and his immigration record is clean.
Many countries reevaluate visas based on a change of circumstance. This is especially true between us countries who share information like the 5 eyes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My usa visa not cancel I have clean record in usa they gave me 6 months entry I back with in one month I travel most usa as genuine tourist so they have no reason to cancel my visa and usa visa is number my numbers are clean .
It has nothing to do with doing anything illegal. Your immigration situation has changed and you claimed asylum. Countries can reevaluate visas for a number of reasons. Would suggest double checking that your visa is still good and has not been cancelled electronically. Even if if was cancelled electronically you may be approved if you reapply. Much easier to check before showing up at the border and before you make plans.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Claiming asylum can lead to having your visa cancelled electronically without advising you so would suggest people check that their visa is still valid.
There is no such punitive measure, if you go through US National Act, there is no such provision under cancellation….You dont punish people for claiming protection… I know someone with 10yrs US visa failed refugee in Canada but approved TR-PR and used his passport to cross to State and come back.. What worse than when people are deported from other members of 5eyes for immigration violations and get approved to come to Canada‍?

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
There is no such punitive measure, if you go through US National Act, there is no such provision under cancellation….You dont punish people for claiming protection… I know someone with 10yrs US visa failed refugee in Canada but approved TR-PR and used his passport to cross to State and come back.. What worse than when people are deported from other members of 5eyes for immigration violations and get approved to come to Canada‍?
Thanks man really appreciated your reply good to see u know what u talking about .

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Check the staus of your visa with the embassy before you travel,I did the same and this the response u got. They revoked the 10 years visa without telling me. Never overstayed ,this was canceled after I claim refugee status in Canada. Here is the email response I got from then last year after becoming a PR holder .My visa was supposed to expire in 2026:

Please be advised that your U.S. visa has been revoked by the U.S. Department of State on April 10, 2018. The visa has been revoked pursuant to section 221(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The revocation became effective immediately on the date on which it was revoked, unless you were physically present in the United States at that time, in which case it will become effective immediately.

This action is based on the fact that subsequent to the visa issuance, information has come to light indicating that you may be ineligible for your visa.

Kindly do note that you will not be able to travel on the current U.S. visa. If you would like to travel to the United States, you must re-apply for a new visa. Please refer to the below Questions and Answers for further details.

Q: Why was my visa revoked?

A: Information has become available subsequent to visa issuance that indicates you may no longer be eligible for your visa.

Q: What does this mean for my status? Can I stay in the United States?

A: If you are already in the United States, the revocation of your visa does not control the status granted to you by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”) at the time of your entry, or your ability to stay in the United States.

Q: What if I need to travel outside of the United States?

A: An individual whose visa has been prudentially revoked is required to reapply for a visa and to demonstrate eligibility before applying to re-enter the United States

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Check the staus of your visa with the embassy before you travel,I did the same and this the response u got. They revoked the 10 years visa without telling me. Never overstayed ,this was canceled after I claim refugee status in Canada. Here is the email response I got from then last year after becoming a PR holder .My visa was supposed to expire in 2026:

Please be advised that your U.S. visa has been revoked by the U.S. Department of State on April 10, 2018. The visa has been revoked pursuant to section 221(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The revocation became effective immediately on the date on which it was revoked, unless you were physically present in the United States at that time, in which case it will become effective immediately.

This action is based on the fact that subsequent to the visa issuance, information has come to light indicating that you may be ineligible for your visa.

Kindly do note that you will not be able to travel on the current U.S. visa. If you would like to travel to the United States, you must re-apply for a new visa. Please refer to the below Questions and Answers for further details.

A: Information has become available subsequent to visa issuance that indicates you may no longer be eligible for your visa.

A: If you are already in the United States, the revocation of your visa does not control the status granted to you by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”) at the time of your entry, or your ability to stay in the United States.

A: An individual whose visa has been prudentially revoked is required to reapply for a visa and to demonstrate eligibility before applying to re-enter the United States
How did you get your passport Back from them they seized my passport in Montreal office I tried everything no one is giving mr response how to get it back .

frange

May 25, 2018
How did you get your passport Back from them they seized my passport in Montreal office I tried everything no one is giving mr response how to get it back .
I remember you told on this thread that you had your passport with visa back?

Like I said, you should contact any US or immigration agency to check the status of your visa. I knew someone who was in the same situation like you and his visa was still valid and entered the US after PR granted multiple times with his initial visa until its expiration. He renewed it with no issue.
There is no similarity in Immigration and it is always case by case basis.

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

From your previous posts,

1. reported you “lost your passport” when you applied refugee claim. If you report losing your passport with valid visa, they revoke and you cannot use passport to travel
2. US introduced “Operation Northen Watch” for those who misued Travel Visa with sole intention to cross border to Canada. To United States, you provided information that you are tourist visiting US, while this is not true
3. Human Smuggling, visa fraud and other security concern
4. misrep based on the documents you submitted to obtain visa
5. There were countries during Previous administration that were impacted by visa revokation

If you fall within above reasons, thats a ground. Out of that, claiming protection is not reason to invalidate visa from other countries

frange

May 25, 2018
From your previous posts,

1. reported you “lost your passport” when you applied refugee claim. If you report losing your passport with valid visa, they revoke and you cannot use passport to travel
2. US introduced “Operation Northen Watch” for those who misued Travel Visa with sole intention to cross border to Canada. To United States, you provided information that you are tourist visiting US, while this is not true
3. Human Smuggling, visa fraud and other security concern
4. misrep based on the documents you submitted to obtain visa
5. There were countries during Previous administration that were impacted by visa revokation

If you fall within above reasons, thats a ground. Out of that, claiming protection is not reason to invalidate visa from other countries
I realize that you know your subjects.

1- That was my first point....... The visa (number) is valid for ONLY ONE passport (number). If you loose this passport, the visa is automatically cancelled without prejudice (CWP) since it applies to only passport number. In the other hand, if this passport is expired, the visa is still valid. In order to travel, you need a valid (new) passport + Old passport with the US visa.

2- For the rest, you are on point brother.

Reactions: Simba112

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
I remember you told on this thread that you had your passport with visa back?

Like I said, you should contact any US or immigration agency to check the status of your visa. I knew someone who was in the same situation like you and his visa was still valid and entered the US after PR granted multiple times with his initial visa until its expiration. He renewed it with no issue.
There is no similarity in Immigration and it is always case by case basis.
I had two passport one has already expired it has all my visas not only usa but Australia newzeland Uk as well my current passport I have only canada visa but that passport they seized in Montreal immigration office when u applied my asylum case now I am permanent residence but I don’t know how to get my passport back