+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

Alex2017

Feb 14, 2017
John34 said:
Hello everybody,

I have a question about delivery mail, I sent a letter in priority mail express 2 day for my background check to the adress ( 1000 Custer hollowroad...) and since monday, my tracking say ma letter is available for pick up in Clarksburg, WV 26306.

I don't understand why it's not delivered, someone already was in this situation?

I try to contact the FBI but nobody's answering and usps tell me to contact them...

What is the phone number you were trying to reach them?
Try +1 304 625 5590 , press 1211 (3) to skip the message and talk to the fingerprint check person. I've called them several times, they are always picked up the phone.

Jamvilray85

Mar 8, 2017
Hi,

I am in the process of applying for Canada PR via Express entry. Since I stayed in USA for around 3 Years I need to get a police clearance certificate from US. I am currently put up in Chennai so wanted to know the following

1. How long does it take to get the police certificate?
2. Is is better to get the finger print done a private person (Expensive) OR TAMIL NADU Forensic Department?

You're suggestions are valuable.

ashu_canada

Apr 7, 2017
All,

I am a new member and received my ITA yesterday. I need to apply for FBI report. I guess I can not use channeller because I am on H1 visa. Kindly help me understand the process- should I be using livescan or ink? any recommended fingerprinting service? any other thing I should keep in mind to expedite the process and to reduce the risk of rejection?

Thanks in advance.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
ashu_canada said:
All,

I am a new member and received my ITA yesterday. I need to apply for FBI report. I guess I can not use channeller because I am on H1 visa. Kindly help me understand the process- should I be using livescan or ink? any recommended fingerprinting service? any other thing I should keep in mind to expedite the process and to reduce the risk of rejection?

Thanks in advance.
I did ink, but there were no livescan options nearby. I'm not sure sure if there's a big difference in either, other than cost, but if you end up doing ink, ask for 2 sets of prints. You'll want to submit 2 sets, in case the first set isn't adequate for the FBI. Since you can't use a channeler, you'll want to get it right the first time, so 2 sets is playing it safe.

jwar

Mar 19, 2017
ashu_canada said:
All,

Thanks in advance.

Hey you can check the fingerprinting site thru myfbireport.com/locations/index.php
Hope this helps..

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jwar said:
Hey you can check the fingerprinting site thru myfbireport.com/locations/index.php
Hope this helps..
I am not sure how IRCC will be able to tell if a channeller or 3rd party is used to be able to obtain an FBI report. My wife recently obtained one through a third party service, she received it instantly and compared it to that of a friend's that was received through the FBI, it was exactly the same. We received my wife FBI through an email pdf and printed it on an A4 paper, there was no difference.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
MrB said:
I am not sure how IRCC will be able to tell if a channeller or 3rd party is used to be able to obtain an FBI report. My wife recently obtained one through a third party service, she received it instantly and compared it to that of a friend's that was received through the FBI, it was exactly the same. We received my wife FBI through an email pdf and printed it on an A4 paper, there was no difference.
It's not a matter of whether the IRCC will accept it, it's that the channelers themselves can't/won't be able to help you unless you're a citizen/PR.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Staunts2015 said:
It's not a matter of whether the IRCC will accept it, it's that the channelers themselves can't/won't be able to help you unless you're a citizen/PR.
Oh really? I wonder what made them accept my wife's.

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
JosephR said:
Please help me to understand this. My FBI request was delivered today. I sent it on 1000 Custer Hollow Road Clarksburg, WV 26306. I was wondering why it was sent on a different postal code? Is it the same place or not? I searched other people's tracking info via Google and found out that theirs were sent on FBI with postal code 26306. This can be a glitch in the system. But I do not know it for sure.

Here's my tracking info from USPS:

Your item was delivered at 12:07 pm on December 14, 2016 in CLARKSBURG, WV 26301 to FBI EXPRESS. The item was signed for by L WAGNER.

14/12/2016 12:07:00 United States of America (the) 26301 Deliver item (Inb) Air Signed By : LWAGNER
13/12/2016 11:50:00 United States of America (the) 26306 Unsuccessful item delivery attempt (Inb) Air Reason : Addressee has P.O. Box Measure : Addressee advised to pick up the item

And here's someone's tracking info I found on the net just for comparison (edited to remain private):
Your item was delivered at (TIME) on (DATE) in CLARKSBURG, WV 26306 to FBI EXPRESS. The item was signed for by (OFFICER).

Please help me. Thank you.
Hi,

Can you share your timeline please.

FBI received my application March 30, 2017, I just want to know the number of days I will receive my PCC. Thank you.

jwar

Mar 19, 2017
KenCalgary2016 said:
Hi,

Can you share your timeline please.

FBI received my application March 30, 2017, I just want to know the number of days I will receive my PCC. Thank you.
So I called the FBI help desk they said they would open the application after 6 weeks and process it within a week and would ship it the next week. So I believe it would take a minimum of 8 weeks for the complete process to get the clearance.

zaza14

Apr 16, 2017
jwar said:
So I called the FBI help desk they said they would open the application after 6 weeks and process it within a week and would ship it the next week. So I believe it would take a minimum of 8 weeks for the complete process to get the clearance.
Hello,

I am new to the forum and I have also started the FBI background check.

These are quite good news. Does that mean that the processing times have decreased at the moment, as we can see that on the FBI web site it still sits 12-14 weeks? 8 weeks sounds unbelievably fast. This means I should get mine until May 15th, at least I hope this will be the case

I have sent my prints from France on March 8th. The envelope got delivered to the FBI on March 20th. I will keep you posted as my CC gets charged and the processing gets on the way!

tusharc

Apr 16, 2017
zaza14 said:
Hello,

I am new to the forum and I have also started the FBI background check.

These are quite good news. Does that mean that the processing times have decreased at the moment, as we can see that on the FBI web site it still sits 12-14 weeks? 8 weeks sounds unbelievably fast. This means I should get mine until May 15th, at least I hope this will be the case

I have sent my prints from France on March 8th. The envelope got delivered to the FBI on March 20th. I will keep you posted as my CC gets charged and the processing gets on the way!
That is correct. FBI is processing requests for applications received by end of Feb currently. Mine reached them a few days back and they said it would go through tests (for poison and hazards) and will be received by them around May starting. Then they would process it for criminal records etc. and I should get the PCC by end of may if all goes well. Reverse engineering by that, your application reached them by 20th March, so you are bingo in your assumption of getting the PCC around mid may. (FBI said the 12-14 week processing time shown on their website is old.)

zaza14

Apr 16, 2017
tusharc said:
That is correct. FBI is processing requests for applications received by end of Feb currently. Mine reached them a few days back and they said it would go through tests (for poison and hazards) and will be received by them around May starting. Then they would process it for criminal records etc. and I should get the PCC by end of may if all goes well. Reverse engineering by that, your application reached them by 20th March, so you are bingo in your assumption of getting the PCC around mid may. (FBI said the 12-14 week processing time shown on their website is old.)
I see, this is a good news! Thanks a lot!

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Just another datapoint for everyone here.

We sent the FBI request via regular post on Feb 24th, 2017 and they just charged my credit card for it today, April 17, 2017. So about 6 working weeks to get to our application assuming 1 week to get to the FBI records section. Hopefully we will get the letter within two weeks according to the standard processing time.