25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Virginia2401 said:
ajanarth, thank you. Mine was received a week after yours. I do not expect a CC charge in the next two months.
Wish you all the best !

FAQ1

Jan 16, 2016
I mailed mine on Dec 7th, 2015 and my CC was charged on March 23rd. Does charging card mean that the background check process has ended or started? In other words, when do I expect to receive the report? I am in Montreal.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
FAQ1 said:
I mailed mine on Dec 7th, 2015 and my CC was charged on March 23rd. Does charging card mean that the background check process has ended or started? In other words, when do I expect to receive the report? I am in Montreal.
It means that they have opened the envelope you sent your prints in, but have not checked the prints yet. They usually process the prints within a few days of the CC being charged. You should expect to see it in a couple/few weeks.

louise8118

Dec 28, 2015
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-JAN-2016
AOR Received.
24-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
29-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
08-DEC-2015
Passport Req..
EMAIL COPY 23-APR-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM 01-MAY-2016
IT CAME!!!! Fingerprints mailed November 24; I didn't know to request tracking and, since I sent a money order, I can't tell anyone how long it takes after a card is charged . . . I am so relieved!!! Sending this on to Ottawa Monday . . . with tracking!

Moyo36

Jan 20, 2015
So, the CIC sent me (sponsor) an email on March 9 that they wanted more proof of our marriage (just celebrated 5th anniversary and have gone through this process on the green card side already). This is pretty ridiculous and they also requested the FBI records. It is "funny" how Canada requests them directly from the FBI and we wait 4+ months for this process but Americans getting FBI checks to work with children, and other FBI check requests can go through 3rd party, however I digress- we will jump through the hoops.

My question is, the CIC sent this March 9, we are just sending the prints in this week, and they sent this:
"The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal and/or delay of your application."

I assume we can send yet more evidence of our marriage, and a letter that states we are waiting for the FBI check? Or am I to assume that they can potentially refuse my wife by April 9th? Sorry for the rant, we would like to move forward as quickly as possible like the rest of you. Thanks!

bradybunchmom

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
FBI charged our credit card March 17th for our prints. Anyone know about how long it takes to receive them in the mail? Hard to remain patient during this whole process!! ;)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Moyo36 said:
It is "funny" how Canada requests them directly from the FBI and we wait 4+ months for this process but Americans getting FBI checks to work with children, and other FBI check requests can go through 3rd party, however I digress- we will jump through the hoops.
so applying for immigration to another country is a lot different than applying to work in the vunerable sector. one thing has nothing to do with the other nor should the requirements be the same IMO. it's quite logical CIC will want a report directly from the FBI to ensure the report is complete and there is no fraud.

Moyo36 said:
My question is, the CIC sent this March 9, we are just sending the prints in this week, and they sent this:
"The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal and/or delay of your application."

I assume we can send yet more evidence of our marriage, and a letter that states we are waiting for the FBI check? Or am I to assume that they can potentially refuse my wife by April 9th? Sorry for the rant, we would like to move forward as quickly as possible like the rest of you. Thanks!
CIC is not going to just refuse your wife's application as long as you communicate with them what's going on. if you just ignore their request and don't send anything, then that can risk the application. more than likely, if something is not sent they will probably send another request. if multiple requests are ignored, THEN the file will probably be closed.

CIC is not going to close out the file if you send them a letter stating you've applied for the FBI record and will send it once received. They know it takes a while to receive the report. send in what you have now for relationship proof along with a letter of explanation about the FBI record, so at least the officer has the option to continue processing that part of the application. Showing them you have made effort and are complying with their request as best as you can will only delay the app, not close it.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
Just to reiterate the 'sending without FBI doesn't cause slowdowns' thing, we sent our app without the FBI, Sent thr shortly after File Transfer to Ottawa, and got COPR in under 4 months

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder how people feel about the fact that once they submit their fingerprints to the FBI, they're permanently`in the system' (database), so when a law enforcement agency requests a print match for a suspect, their prints are probably checked (albeit in a nano second, or less).

Creepy...or no big deal? :eek:

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Ponga said:
I wonder how people feel about the fact that once they submit their fingerprints to the FBI, they're permanently`in the system' (database), so when a law enforcement agency requests a print match for a suspect, their prints are probably checked (albeit in a nano second, or less).

Creepy...or no big deal? :eek:
Most non-US citizens have their fingerprints already in the system (or at least, A system) as they get fingerprinted at the points of entry and/or for green card applications. Many Americans also get fingerprinted for employment reasons.

I suspect that many people accept this as the cost of doing business (of international travel & immigration). Sigh..

yanks176

Mar 29, 2016
Has anyone ever heard of a case in which someone is given COPR or DM without having submitted their FBI certificate to CIC? I remember reading a post of someone who was in this situation in another thread.

I am currently waiting for my FBI certificate which was received by the FBI on February 29th. I am wondering if there is any chance of miraculously seeing progress on my application without it...

Thanks,

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
Out of curiosity, I had called the FBI today. The operator said they are opening envelopes received on December 23rd today.
They received mine on January 29th. So, loooooong wait for me. :(

Moyo36

Jan 20, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
so applying for immigration to another country is a lot different than applying to work in the vunerable sector. one thing has nothing to do with the other nor should the requirements be the same IMO. it's quite logical CIC will want a report directly from the FBI to ensure the report is complete and there is no fraud.

CIC is not going to just refuse your wife's application as long as you communicate with them what's going on. if you just ignore their request and don't send anything, then that can risk the application. more than likely, if something is not sent they will probably send another request. if multiple requests are ignored, THEN the file will probably be closed.

CIC is not going to close out the file if you send them a letter stating you've applied for the FBI record and will send it once received. They know it takes a while to receive the report. send in what you have now for relationship proof along with a letter of explanation about the FBI record, so at least the officer has the option to continue processing that part of the application. Showing them you have made effort and are complying with their request as best as you can will only delay the app, not close it.
Come on let's be real here. I did the green card process and the US did not require RCMP prints. Also, it could be argued the other way that monitoring children everyday, or working in the TSA or other sensitive security areas of the USA workforce could be fraudulated as well through third party "FBI checkers". This is simply Canada being behind in the times.

Thanks for the other replies, I didn't think they would close out my case if I answered but wondered why some people are given 60 days and some 30. Oh well back to more waiting.

For the other posters, I did know if another couple getting through without an FBI check.

bradybunchmom

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
Just an update

FBI received ours 12/07/15
FBI charged our card 3/17/16
FBI report received in Canada by mail 3/30/16
FBI report states that fingerprints were processed on 3/17/16 (same as credit card charged)
Emailed to CIC 3/30/16
Now just waiting ....