Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3-3-17!
danawhitaker said:
Can you paste the exact wording of the e-mail without any personally identifying info? That sounds different to what a lot of us received.
Sure! :) Here is the email I received. It was sent one day after they requested I pay my RoPR fee in error.

"Subject: Sponsorship application approved - #****** - (My Name)

UCI: ***
Application #: ***
Name: ***
Email: ***

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please disregard the letter sent yesterday, March 2, 2017, requesting the payment of the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). This letter has been sent in error. We already have received your payment, made on ***** (receipt # ***********).

Your sponsorship application has been assessed and approved. Instructions will be sent shortly in order for us to print and mail your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR)."

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre-Ottawa – TG00190
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Government of Canada
E-mail: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

* On this same day my CIC finally showed Background in Progress and ECAS changed to Decision Made.* No updates since.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
BrookeTravels said:
Sure! :) Here is the email I received. It was sent one day after they requested I pay my RoPR fee in error.

"Subject: Sponsorship application approved - #****** - (My Name)

UCI: ***
Application #: ***
Name: ***
Email: ***

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please disregard the letter sent yesterday, March 2, 2017, requesting the payment of the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). This letter has been sent in error. We already have received your payment, made on ***** (receipt # ***********).

Your sponsorship application has been assessed and approved. Instructions will be sent shortly in order for us to print and mail your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR)."

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre-Ottawa – TG00190
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Government of Canada
E-mail: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

* On this same day my CIC finally showed Background in Progress and ECAS changed to Decision Made.* No updates since.
I think at this point I'd maybe send an inquiry as to why you haven't received the PPR yet. That's been quite a while at this point. It happened to someone from the February batch as well. A few days after doing so their PPR e-mail showed up. Could have been coincidence, but my suspicion is that something gets screwed up in the system for some people and the proper e-mail didn't get generated for some reason.

I saw in the October thread that you were told on the phone recently they're still dotting i's and crossing t's. I wouldn't trust the phone people with much, to be honest. They don't actually work on our files. They have access to a fairly limited amount of information, and are notorious for giving bad/wrong/outdated information to people when they call.

BrookeTravels

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
30-11-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3-3-17!
danawhitaker said:
I think at this point I'd maybe send an inquiry as to why you haven't received the PPR yet. That's been quite a while at this point. It happened to someone from the February batch as well. A few days after doing so their PPR e-mail showed up. Could have been coincidence, but my suspicion is that something gets screwed up in the system for some people and the proper e-mail didn't get generated for some reason.

I saw in the October thread that you were told on the phone recently they're still dotting i's and crossing t's. I wouldn't trust the phone people with much, to be honest. They don't actually work on our files. They have access to a fairly limited amount of information, and are notorious for giving bad/wrong/outdated information to people when they call.
Thank you! I'll be sure to email asap. :)

awahidi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Usa
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Hello everyone,
I am waiting for cic to ask for Schedule A . I didn't do medical exams yet nor get a police clearance certificate.
Do you suggest that I do them in the upcoming days . I live beside the michigan, windsor border so can I go take medical exam in windsor instead of michigan because there are two physicians in windsor and one in Michigan that has a busy schedule. Thank you

MasterDen

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-03-17, COPR 23-03-17
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
awahidi said:
Hello everyone,
I am waiting for cic to ask for Schedule A . I didn't do medical exams yet nor get a police clearance certificate.
Do you suggest that I do them in the upcoming days . I live beside the michigan, windsor border so can I go take medical exam in windsor instead of michigan because there are two physicians in windsor and one in Michigan that has a busy schedule. Thank you
I think you can do the medical now. It's good for a year and the processing time is 4-6 months. So having it done doesn't hurt.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
awahidi said:
Hello everyone,
If IRCC hasn't asked you for the medical exam yet, you cannot do it until they do. Panel physicians no longer schedule upfront medical exams. When you get the request, you're free to choose any panel physician, so the one in Windsor would be fine.

kfrench

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
06-06-2018
Hey guys!

Okay so I am marrying a Canadian citizen this summer and am getting ready to move to Alberta. We are currently in a long distance relationship (dating for nearly three years) and I am living in North Carolina. I'm just trying to find advice for what I should do.

I want to move there right after we get married, but I can't move without having a job there because we need both of our incomes. Now, I work at Starbucks here in the states and I know I can transfer up there once I have a work permit, and I know that you can get a work permit while waiting for you family class sponsorship papers to process you can get an open work permit. But now that I am looking at the paperwork it looks like the OWP is only for Inland applicants? Does anyone know if I can apply for the OWP while being an outland applicant?

Any advice or help is so appreciated.

awahidi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Usa
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
danawhitaker said:
If IRCC hasn't asked you for the medical exam yet, you cannot do it until they do. Panel physicians no longer schedule upfront medical exams. When you get the request, you're free to choose any panel physician, so the one in Windsor would be fine.
Oh really thank you for your help

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
kfrench said:
Hey guys!

Okay so I am marrying a Canadian citizen this summer and am getting ready to move to Alberta. We are currently in a long distance relationship (dating for nearly three years) and I am living in North Carolina. I'm just trying to find advice for what I should do.

I want to move there right after we get married, but I can't move without having a job there because we need both of our incomes. Now, I work at Starbucks here in the states and I know I can transfer up there once I have a work permit, and I know that you can get a work permit while waiting for you family class sponsorship papers to process you can get an open work permit. But now that I am looking at the paperwork it looks like the OWP is only for Inland applicants? Does anyone know if I can apply for the OWP while being an outland applicant?

Any advice or help is so appreciated.
Honestly just apply Outland, continue your long distance relationship and you should be able to move up there and then at the same time work because you'll become a permanent resident. USA/Canada applications going outland at this time are only 4-6 months on average, ours took 3 months.

It sucks being married and not living together but it's not that long of a process if you've been doing it for years already.

Good luck

awahidi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Usa
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Good morning everyone, I want to do the PCC and I need to know if its better to so the live scan finger printing instead of the ink. Thank you in advance

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
awahidi said:
Good morning everyone, I want to do the PCC and I need to know if its better to so the live scan finger printing instead of the ink. Thank you in advance
I don't think it matters either way. I'd imagine the live scan prints are cheaper and quicker, but I could be wrong. You can check costs and processing time for your area, but as far as IRCC is concerned, they'll accept a PCC done either way.

awahidi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Usa
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Staunts2015 said:
I don't think it matters either way. I'd imagine the live scan prints are cheaper and quicker, but I could be wrong. You can check costs and processing time for your area, but as far as IRCC is concerned, they'll accept a PCC done either way.
live scans are more expensive because they are delicate i think. It's 60$ for LS and 15 for regular ink.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
awahidi said:
live scans are more expensive because they are delicate i think. It's 60$ for LS and 15 for regular ink.
Ok, then you can use ink if you prefer. :D

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
awahidi said:
Or you can go to your local PD. Usually, they will have some day in a given month for public fingerprinting. Some is free, some is for a small fee.

I did mine at our local PD and cost me $10. It takes total 8 weeks (from I sent my application to FBI to I received my PCC).

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
awahidi said:
I paid $50 to Fieldprint to have my fingerprints scanned and then receive a PDF with the results of my FBI check that I was able to print. I got my results back in a few minutes.

It's recommended to have multiple sets of prints done with ink in case they aren't readable. Around here, the cost from various police stations was $10-15 per card to have them done, plus the processing fee to the FBI and/or channeler. It would have been a very similar cost in the end, as I probably would have chosen to have three sets taken.