N/A
Passport Req..
15/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2017
LANDED..........
8/4/2017
tigermilo said:
I just checked ecas and it still says in progress. I'll check my spam but it'll be a lot of crap to go through! Hopefully it's there! That would be amazing! Thank you for your help. I'll update you if it's there or not.
If ecas still shows in process then they haven't made a decision yet on your file. It will happen when you least expect it. At least now you know when you do see decision made on ecas then make sure to be on the look out for the PPR email. It usually comes 2-4 weeks after you see DM on ecas.

Hang in there tigermilo. It is a frustrating process for sure but it will go through.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
tigermilo said:
I just checked ecas and it still says in progress. I'll check my spam but it'll be a lot of crap to go through! Hopefully it's there! That would be amazing! Thank you for your help. I'll update you if it's there or not.
Like others have stated, if your ECAS does not show DM yet then keep waiting. You're still being processed, so no one knows how long it'll take since everyone is different. I went from mailing application to COPR within 3 months exactly. Depending your history, application, etc. everyone can vary. After you see DM on ECAS you'll expect it within a week. Mine took exactly 5 days from ECAS to PPR e-mail...my timeline is below in my signature for an idea. I think they come in batches too, like others explained.

Best of luck....PS, it could be totally random times - I got a DM on ECAS on a Sunday and the e-mail for my PPR late on a Friday.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
barch88 said:
Like others have stated, if your ECAS does not show DM yet then keep waiting. You're still being processed, so no one knows how long it'll take since everyone is different. I went from mailing application to COPR within 3 months exactly. Depending your history, application, etc. everyone can vary. After you see DM on ECAS you'll expect it within a week. Mine took exactly 5 days from ECAS to PPR e-mail...my timeline is below in my signature for an idea. I think they come in batches too, like others explained.

Best of luck....PS, it could be totally random times - I got a DM on ECAS late in the evening on a Friday and the e-mail for my PPR on a Sunday.
I don't think your timeline is a good example, since you were processed much faster than normal.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Staunts2015 said:
I don't think your timeline is a good example, since you were processed much faster than normal.
Perhaps, but I'd imagine people who get DM should be getting PPR's around the same time if a decision has already been made. That's what I was referring to. So like I said, after DM on ECAS he should see a PPR within a week...but no one knows for sure besides the officers working on his file. I clearly stated in the same quote that everyone varies depending on your application/background/etc. Mine was very straightforward.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
barch88 said:
Perhaps, but I'd imagine people who get DM should be getting PPR's around the same time if a decision has already been made. That's what I was referring to. So like I said, after DM on ECAS he should see a PPR within a week...but no one knows for sure besides the officers working on his file. I clearly stated in the same quote that everyone varies depending on your application/background/etc. Mine was very straightforward.
I know, I just wanted to point out that your case seems to be one of the outliers, and that tigermilo shouldn't use that as an example.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
Staunts2015 said:
I know, I just wanted to point out that your case seems to be one of the outliers, and that tigermilo shouldn't use that as an example.
Yes that timeline is very quick! I applied at the end of November and I think they started processing it at the beginning of December. The only thing on our application is the PA has something come up on the background check but it was from 9 or 10 years ago and it wasn't a summary offense (felony in Canada). So I'm assuming that's why the background is taking longer than others. I just hope it won't affect our application since it was about 10 years ago and there was no jail time included or anything.

BrookeTravels

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
30-11-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3-3-17!
barch88 said:
To add my experience, if I may, I received a Sponsorship Application Approval email March 3rd, saying they'd be sending me directions so they could print my CoPR shortly. I haven't heard anything since. My ECAS has shown DM since 3/3 as well. I'm impatient now because getting news like that earlier this month was so exciting! Our application was incredibly straight forward; married, no kids, no criminal history, everything submitted up front.

For whatever reason, there really is no reason to the order of things. The best we can do is share here and be encouraging :)

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
BrookeTravels said:
To add my experience, if I may, I received a Sponsorship Application Approval email March 3rd, saying they'd be sending me directions so they could print my CoPR shortly. I haven't heard anything since. My ECAS has shown DM since 3/3 as well. I'm impatient now because getting news like that earlier this month was so exciting! Our application was incredibly straight forward; married, no kids, no criminal history, everything submitted up front.

For whatever reason, there really is no reason to the order of things. The best we can do is share here and be encouraging :)
Print your COPR? I've never heard such a random request...usually they e-mail PPR and you mail them information and they mail you back your COPR paperwork (visa)....and yeah you're right all we can do is help out best we can. This forum was a big help for me personally.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
BrookeTravels said:

Can you paste the exact wording of the e-mail without any personally identifying info? That sounds different to what a lot of us received.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
tigermilo said:
Yes that timeline is very quick! I applied at the end of November and I think they started processing it at the beginning of December. The only thing on our application is the PA has something come up on the background check but it was from 9 or 10 years ago and it wasn't a summary offense (felony in Canada). So I'm assuming that's why the background is taking longer than others. I just hope it won't affect our application since it was about 10 years ago and there was no jail time included or anything.
I think our timelines are very close. My application was received November 21st and PR app went into process November 30th (though I didn't get SA until December 6th...). My background check just went in process last week, and I haven't received DM yet. My application was as straightforward as it can be, so don't be discouraged if your BGC is taking a while. I think some officers update MyCIC earlier than others, so it SEEMS like the BGC takes much longer. But who knows. I just hope we both get a DM very soon! I'm crossing my fingers for next week ;D

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
Staunts2015 said:
I think our timelines are very close. My application was received November 21st and PR app went into process November 30th (though I didn't get SA until December 6th...). My background check just went in process last week, and I haven't received DM yet. My application was as straightforward as it can be, so don't be discouraged if your BGC is taking a while. I think some officers update MyCIC earlier than others, so it SEEMS like the BGC takes much longer. But who knows. I just hope we both get a DM very soon! I'm crossing my fingers for next week ;D
Let's hope we both get DM next week! That would be great! I was being so patient but I was seeing many people get DM already and their BGC only took a few days or a week and I was getting discouraged.

MasterDen

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-03-17, COPR 23-03-17
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
how "fast" it takes depends on how many other people are there at that specific time. landing itself is a quick process - about 15 minutes. no appointment is necessary at land borders - you show up and they send you into the immigration office.
Thanks for the reply. I understand the landing itself is a quick procedure. I was just trying to avoid the mess I got into when I got my work permit and waited 7 hours at the Rainbow Bridge because the CIC officer insisted I could have made an appointment at a local office and received a work permit. Except the only office I could have done that through would have been NYC, lol.

I tried to make an appointment to land, and I was specifically told it's just easier to drive over and come back. Their appointment isn't a choice, they would e-mail you a time and a date. You don't have a choice as to which day. The company I work for would not be too happy about that.

I'll give it a shot when I have some time. It's only a few hours from Toronto.

Thanks for everyone's help throughout this process.

MasterDen

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-03-17, COPR 23-03-17
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
tigermilo said:
Let's hope we both get DM next week! That would be great! I was being so patient but I was seeing many people get DM already and their BGC only took a few days or a week and I was getting discouraged.
I have a similar timeline to both of you. It's coming soon. It updated on ECAS first, then we got the e-mail for PPR. I know it's hard and the anxiety builds up, but once it's all done, it's great. :)

Gladmin

Mar 1, 2017
Hi
My husband and i submitted our papers on march 11 2017 and they received it march 17 2017. He is from Seattle (american citizen)and im just across the border. How long does it usually take for the papers to process? How long does it usually take to sponspr someone from the u.s?

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Gladmin said:
Hi
My husband and i submitted our papers on march 11 2017 and they received it march 17 2017. He is from Seattle (american citizen)and im just across the border. How long does it usually take for the papers to process? How long does it usually take to sponspr someone from the u.s?
It really varies depending on your relationship history, the personal history between both your spouse and yourself, if you have any kids, medical exams, background check, etc. etc. Roughly US applicants are processed in 4-6 months. It can take up to 12 months according to Immigration Canada's website.

good luck