Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ChellyCat said:
Do any of you have experience with applying for school after you've landed? I want to go back to school and it seems I need a WES or ICAS report to assess my credits first since my education is "international" pfft, but the reports are like $250-300!! Don't have that money to drop right now :/

I guess every school is different. The ones I've looked into just required seeing the course descriptions to give credit. As long as you aren't transferring from a non-accredited institution.

Illiasnie

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2015
AOR Received.
August 26, 2015
File Transfer...
September 18, 2015
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
July 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Planning for May 14
Aquakitty said:
How old are they? Do you have the receipts for them? Without receipts it'll be tough to deal with the border.
We purchased them over six years ago when we were living in Georgia. There is a small chance that we have the receipt in the storage unit, but I highly doubt it.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Panamai said:
I haven't landed yet, but I had an ICAS assessment done last summer. I went through St. Lawrence College here in Kingston, so it only cost me $40. The results can only be seen/used by St. Lawrence though. If you have already narrowed it down to one college or university in particular, they may offer you a deal like that. Good luck! The educational system here has been extremely frustrating for me.
Wow really? I would gladly spend $40 for one school, but idk if my choices have any deals like that. I plan to apply to both Seneca and Sheridan for their vet tech program. So far I've emailed Seneca and they haven't been very helpful with the requirements, just that I need the report, which I looked into further and saw it's close to $300. I'm not even sure if I meet the requirements and don't want to waste money on the report if I don't meet it. For example, their program says I need chemistry grade 11, biology grade 10, something like that, but in Florida our track is different; and I took bio in 9th grade, chem in 10, etc. And I went to university in the US as well so I'm not sure if they want to see my high school AND university or just one or what. x_x (I tried asking Seneca all this directly and they kept copy/pasting the program requirements to me lol. I can read, thanks.)

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
ChellyCat said:
Wow really? I would gladly spend $40 for one school, but idk if my choices have any deals like that. I plan to apply to both Seneca and Sheridan for their vet tech program. So far I've emailed Seneca and they haven't been very helpful with the requirements, just that I need the report, which I looked into further and saw it's close to $300. I'm not even sure if I meet the requirements and don't want to waste money on the report if I don't meet it. For example, their program says I need chemistry grade 11, biology grade 10, something like that, but in Florida our track is different; and I took bio in 9th grade, chem in 10, etc. And I went to university in the US as well so I'm not sure if they want to see my high school AND university or just one or what. x_x (I tried asking Seneca all this directly and they kept copy/pasting the program requirements to me lol. I can read, thanks.)
You're from FL, too? Hey-o! Sunshine State here, too. (And moving to Toronto as well I see? I like that we're moving from the warmest state to one of the coldest cities in North America.)

Technically every state does their order of courses differently; it's varies depending on where you live in accordance to what year the courses are taken. However, I think they teach the exact same material regardless of what grade you take the course more or less. It's not as though you can skip fundamentals of chem or biology. I'd be really surprised if they didn't take your high school courses. (Or university courses, too.)

If Seneca isn't playing nice already, I fear for what would happen if you actually enroll. Unless you got straight-forward answers, I'd hope Sheridan is more insightful and willing to treat you as an individual versus a number. That, or I'd go in to the school and ask to meet with someone directly.

I tried asking Seneca about a program 6 months back, and I saw the same hangups you're seeing. They kept directing me to their site, ignoring the specificity of my email. I then emailed someone at Ryerson, and they invited me to come meet with the program head to have my questions answered. I went, and they answered every question on my list. It was day and night. I'm not sure if I want to go back to school yet either, but the dichotomy between how one school reacted versus the other makes any future decisions very easy. Hopefully you can get someone on the phone or meet with them in-person.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Illiasnie said:
We purchased them over six years ago when we were living in Georgia. There is a small chance that we have the receipt in the storage unit, but I highly doubt it.
Ok simple solution. Have your husband (or you) make out receipts for what you think a fair current value for the machines would be. At the border declare them with the receipts, and tell the truth that your husband gave them to you as gifts since they were sitting in storage. They might just let you through without having to pay anything, but if not you'll have the receipts. At 6 years old it's not realistic to pay full price for them anyways. Just be sure to put the year of manufacture and place of manufacture on the receipts.

Illiasnie

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2015
AOR Received.
August 26, 2015
File Transfer...
September 18, 2015
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
July 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Planning for May 14
Aquakitty said:
Ok simple solution. Have your husband (or you) make out receipts for what you think a fair current value for the machines would be. At the border declare them with the receipts, and tell the truth that your husband gave them to you as gifts since they were sitting in storage. They might just let you through without having to pay anything, but if not you'll have the receipts. At 6 years old it's not realistic to pay full price for them anyways. Just be sure to put the year of manufacture and place of manufacture on the receipts.
Ok, perfect! Thanks so much for your help!!!

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
ChellyCat said:
They will want to see your university as well, and they may give you credit for some of the courses. They might go ahead and count your bio and chem, even with the difference in grade level (ICAS will investigate if they are equivalent or not). If not, there is an online school, ilc.org, where you can take high school courses for credit to make it up. I didn't have grade 12 chemistry or a grade 12 math course, so I'm having to take those online to qualify for the BScN program. The courses are only $40 each and can be finished in as little as 3-4 months (at your own pace). I've had good and bad experiences with schools here. I applied to Queen's University last year and they would not tell me anything! It was so frustrating. I finally found out about the chemistry and math issue once I started talking to St. Lawrence. They've been super helpful! Queen's just let me apply and then rejected me without ever explaining what the issue was. What a waste of time and money that was! All my emails went unanswered. So yeah, didn't even bother applying there this year. I'm still bitter.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Ineffable said:
You're from FL, too? Hey-o! Sunshine State here, too. (And moving to Toronto as well I see? I like that we're moving from the warmest state to one of the coldest cities in North America.)

Technically every state does their order of courses differently; it's varies depending on where you live in accordance to what year the courses are taken. However, I think they teach the exact same material regardless of what grade you take the course more or less. It's not as though you can skip fundamentals of chem or biology. I'd be really surprised if they didn't take your high school courses. (Or university courses, too.)

If Seneca isn't playing nice already, I fear for what would happen if you actually enroll. Unless you got straight-forward answers, I'd hope Sheridan is more insightful and willing to treat you as an individual versus a number. That, or I'd go in to the school and ask to meet with someone directly.

I tried asking Seneca about a program 6 months back, and I saw the same hangups you're seeing. They kept directing me to their site, ignoring the specificity of my email. I then emailed someone at Ryerson, and they invited me to come meet with the program head to have my questions answered. I went, and they answered every question on my list. It was day and night. I'm not sure if I want to go back to school yet either, but the dichotomy between how one school reacted versus the other makes any future decisions very easy. Hopefully you can get someone on the phone or meet with them in-person.
Ahh, hello fellow Floridian!! I've been in Mississauga for the past 2 years but just got PR last month :) The weather has definitely been an adjustment, LOL. Ready to go back to school now!!!

Yeah, Seneca keeps giving me the run-around, but their program is better than Sheridan's from what I see, so it's still my first choice. I'm applying to both, though. I'll just buy the stupid report and hope it's all accepted lol.

Panamai said:
They will want to see your university as well, and they may give you credit for some of the courses. They might go ahead and count your bio and chem, even with the difference in grade level (ICAS will investigate if they are equivalent or not). If not, there is an online school, ilc.org, where you can take high school courses for credit to make it up. I didn't have grade 12 chemistry or a grade 12 math course, so I'm having to take those online to qualify for the BScN program. The courses are only $40 each and can be finished in as little as 3-4 months (at your own pace). I've had good and bad experiences with schools here. I applied to Queen's University last year and they would not tell me anything! It was so frustrating. I finally found out about the chemistry and math issue once I started talking to St. Lawrence. They've been super helpful! Queen's just let me apply and then rejected me without ever explaining what the issue was. What a waste of time and money that was! All my emails went unanswered. So yeah, didn't even bother applying there this year. I'm still bitter.
You say ICAS will investigate- I read WES is quicker and was planning on using them instead. It doesn't matter which I choose, right?

Eek, I really hope I don't have to redo high school classes, even online. No thank you lol x_x Best of luck to you with your program!

sobia

Sep 24, 2014
Hello
It been a week since Cic has received our passport for PR visa which we had sent along with prepaid FedEx envelope to send us back to USA
Still no luck.
Any idea how long it would take and if u should email Cic and check what is going on

Thank you all

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
guys please help i have serious problem here i am really worried what to do. i received this email yesterday from london visa office :

Dear Applicant,

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that your sponsor may not meet the definition of a sponsor per subsections 133(1)(a) and 130(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2002 (IRPA), and thus, you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 133(1)(a) of the IRPA states (in part) that a sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor is a sponsor as described in section 130.
Subsection 130(1)(b) states that, subject to subsection (2), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who resides in Canada.
Insufficient documentary evidence has been provided to support that your sponsor either currently resides in Canada or of their intention/efforts to resume residency in Canada should you be granted a permanent resident visa. As a result, I have concerns your sponsor does not meet the requirements to sponsor you.
Before a final decision regarding your eligibility as a member of the family class is made, you are being given a final 30 days to disabuse us of our concerns. The information/documentation you submit must be sufficient to clearly demonstrate that the above definition is/definitions are met. If any documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document.
If you choose not to respond with additional information within 30 days, I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please be advised that, in addition to the above, in order for us to continue processing your application, we require the following:

- Updated, signed Schedule A form for yourself.

- Updated, original Pakistan Police Certificate.

- Medical examination; please note that medical instruction forms will be emailed separately.

- Please have your sponsor fully complete a new Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM5540) form.

- Please have your sponsor fully complete a new Schedule A form ensuring full details are included for all sections since the age of 18 years to date.

Please submit the requested documentation/information to us within 30 days including a copy of this email as a cover letter. Please submit all the above documents to us at the same time, quoting your file number (shown in the subject line above) on all correspondence, including on the envelope.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Hey ad rasheed,
This is a thread for USA applicants, I think your post will get more attention if posted in its own thread or another relevant thread.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
sobia said:
Hello
It been a week since Cic has received our passport for PR visa which we had sent along with prepaid FedEx envelope to send us back to USA
Still no luck.
Any idea how long it would take and if u should email Cic and check what is going on

Thank you all
I assume you aren't a US citizen? One week is not long by CIC standards.

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
krishnalynn said:
Hey ad rasheed,
This is a thread for USA applicants, I think your post will get more attention if posted in its own thread or another relevant thread.
hey buddy, i live in L.A california with my wife. we applied from here. thats why i posted on this thread.i am on a work visa.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
ad rasheed said:
hey buddy, i live in L.A california with my wife. we applied from here. thats why i posted on this thread.i am on a work visa.
Its all good...this thread is US citizens to Canada...we can tell you all about the FBI/state back ground checks... all as it relates to USA/Canada...I know I would not even know where to start with a Pakistan Police Cert.....I can tell you this...send it whatever they ask for....

danvir

Nov 20, 2015
I applied for my wife a couple months ago and when I went to attach my tax NOA, I only realized then that they wanted an Option C that would take a few weeks. I didn't have the luxury of waiting, so I applied with the NOA. I got the Option C in due course.

I just received an email confirming receipt of our application on 2015/09/18. Should I send the Option C now, proactively? Or wait and see if they request it? I didn't send it before because I wanted a UCI or some sort of reference number for them to attach it to.

Also, do I just send it to the general Mississauga address? The email is from CPC Mississauga.

Thanks!