None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Canadianinlove said:
please they will need enough time to get ready for school in September!
;D
Thats extremely insensitive to those of us with kids, WAITING, who also would like to get our children settled and ready for school in September.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
I feel like my case is a pretty straight-forward, easy one too. Unfortunately, it just looks like CIC is processing randomly with absolutely no rhyme or reason. :p I don't think her situation had anything to do with it, as there are many others who submitted sooner in nearly identical situations and still waiting.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Having kids does not mean an application will be processed faster. Usually it is the opposite, kids can complicate things. There are tons of people still waiting from August who had perfect applications, LONG relationships and have stable families.

Mississauga is randomly grabbing apps and approving them in 2-4 months, and I'm going to guess that's what happened here.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
I just hope I happen to be a random applicant too! That would be awesome! I still don't even have AOR!
:D

Keeping positive though.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
monstergirly said:
Nope, it definitely went to Ottawa. I still don't know what "Decision Made" officially means... But if it is good news I am wondering if our situation (being together for 9 years, married for 7, 2 Canadian kids with proof of citizenship, no criminal records or health issues) and the fact that we got everything in and paid the fees upfront helped. We also had a signed lease agreement as our proof of intent.

I'm in Canada as a visitor now - I just hope they get our address change!
Im going to say what many are thinking. I'll take the heat.

Many of us have straight forward applications, in perfect order with perfect health and perfect everything.

I am one of those many who are waiting still why? Ottawa lost my documents. Ottawa made a mistake that is costing my family and I.

They commonly make mistakes. You were probably placed in the wrong pile and voila you got DM. It was luck of the draw.

To sit here and tell others you got DM so quickly because every thing was in order is insensitive to those like sara1 who have been waiting with perfect apps and perfect everything even children way before you!.

kerryannbailey

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/10/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/11/2014
File Transfer...
/SA: 26/11/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29/09/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/07/2015
LANDED..........
10/08/2015
Mariac819 said:

Many of us have straight forward applications, in perfect order with perfect health and perfect everything.

I am one of those many who are waiting still why? Ottawa lost my documents. Ottawa made a mistake that is costing my family and I.

They commonly make mistakes. You were probably placed in the wrong pile and voila you got DM. It was luck of the draw.

To sit here and tell others you got DM so quickly because every thing was in order is insensitive to those like sara1 who have been waiting with perfect apps and perfect everything even children way before you!.
My name is Kerryannbailey and i approve this message!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Mariac819 said:

Well said...

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
kerryannbailey said:
My name is Kerryannbailey and i approve this message!
We are here to be supportive and learn from one another. The post is actually.... I wonder if... Not it was processed quick because... We are all frustrated in the long process but let's keep positive and encourage one another.

I too am totally jealous an application was processed so quickly - I am here in Canada living without my husband and it is very difficult. Good luck and let's stay positive.

;D

EmSNYC

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
02-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
So is the tone of the conversation here kinda like "congratulations for obtaining DM as long as it is not too fast for my taste"?
It's a forum, we are sharing experiences and I found monstergirly's feedback useful.

kerryannbailey

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/10/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/11/2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29/09/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/07/2015
LANDED..........
10/08/2015
EmSNYC said:
So is the tone of the conversation here kinda like "congratulations for obtaining DM as long as it is not too fast for my taste"?
It's a forum, we are sharing experiences and I found monstergirly's feedback useful.
We congratulate evertyime DM or IP happens for someone and we're genuinely happy. It's the 'perfect app' bit that ruffled feathers. Just say OMG i got DM and keep it moving like everyone else. That made people feel like their app was inferior or thier situation must have been complicated and that's not the case for most people.

MantisToboggan

Sep 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Doc's Request.
31-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014 (SA)
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
Exempt
EmSNYC said:
I don't think that's what people are taking issue with - I think it's the way she stated that because of her "perfect" application and the fact that she has children made her application somehow better than everyone else's, especially since many others have similar applications and family situations yet have not been so lucky.

It's okay to have your DM approval come quickly, but it seems more appropriate to attribute it to an error on the part of CIC in your favour rather than something you did that was inherently superior to the other applicants. It's well-documented on these forums that CIC makes errors with little rhyme or reason.

To be clear, all applicants of the same class ought to be evaluated with equal consideration to time however CIC doesn't seem to do that. That's not monstergirly's fault if she benefited from that deficiency of CIC - but I think those of us with longer processing times would appreciate some more humility in tone of those who have been uniquely lucky in respect to their dealings with CIC.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
EmSNYC said:
Not at all, we've seen many many many applicants get DM in 2-4 months, and no one has reacted malevolently or jealously. Only with congratulations!

This is the first time I've ever seen someone get DM in 2-4 months and have someone else say, "It's because you have a perfect app and you have kids who need to go to school in September"

It hurt a lot of people who did everything right, had a perfect app, have kids, and are paying for CIC's mistakes etc...

CIC doesn't always act with rhyme or reason, that's for sure. We can always be grateful to see people getting approved and getting through. It's just insensitive and hurtful to suggest those folks got DM because they deserved it and everyone else didn't.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
lol jinx on the rhyme or reason, Mantis!

We all just want to see everyone get through this. No one is better or more deserving than anyone else:)

kerryannbailey

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/10/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/11/2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29/09/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/07/2015
LANDED..........
10/08/2015
Canadianinlove said:
We are here to be supportive and learn from one another. The post is actually.... I wonder if... Not it was processed quick because... We are all frustrated in the long process but let's keep positive and encourage one another.

I too am totally jealous an application was processed so quickly - I am here in Canada living without my husband and it is very difficult. Good luck and let's stay positive.

;D
Yeah.... I'm supporting Maria. We're not jealous about the timeline of that poster btw. The wording of some things came off as insensitive to other people. I've never seen anyone else on here mention the perfection that is tgeir application when they get DM. They are beyond elated that they got it and they leave positive words for other people who have yet to hear a peep from CIC. Like... just be grateful you were lucky to get through so quickly. You didn't do anything differently than the rest of most of the people here.

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
My app was perfect too. And my husband was previously a police officer so his background check was squeaky clean. We sent everything in upfront and it still took 10 months. It has nothing to do with how organized you are, i've seen people apply with crap backgrounds, previously illegal US or canadian aliens and STILL get approved in shorter times. Everyone is BEYOND stressed out waiting to start their lives in Canada and its a slap to the face when you hear "My app was perfect, thats why I went so fast" No. You got lucky. Congrats, but don't put down the rest of us and think your better. its luck of the draw. I'm a July applicant and I saw people in July get totally approved and landed before september. Shortly after about 5 apps went right through, IN Ottawa, everything froze. Not a whisper for months. You tell me after 9 months of no word that you won't be just a little touchy and upset when someone throws around how perfect they are in comparison.