App. Filed.......
05-29-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Joining this thread! Just sent my application in two days ago and they got it the next day... looking forward to sharing info with yall

WDWgirl2011

Nov 4, 2014
Hello everyone :). I haven't posted on here in a while. But I wanted to update on my application status. We got AOR on February 10th and my husband received SA on April 10th and now I join in on the waiting game.

I know I've asked traveling questions before but I just want to be prepared. I'm currently in Canada now visiting my husband. My husband and I are going to the states at the end of July together for a vacation together and we are driving. We didn't have any problems crossing into the states in April when we drove to New York but he drove back to Canada by himself and I flew back to Canada by myself a week later (if that makes any sense haha). My question is, will we need anything specific to cross the boarder back into Canada besides our passports (for example marriage license, return flight ticket for me back to the states, pay stubs, etc.) and would we run into any problems since I'll have an American passport and my husband will have a Canadian passport? I hope I gave enough details. I just want to be prepared. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

jesmithers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
31-08-2015
WDWgirl2011 said:
Hello everyone :). I haven't posted on here in a while. But I wanted to update on my application status. We got AOR on February 10th and my husband received SA on April 10th and now I join in on the waiting game.

I know I've asked traveling questions before but I just want to be prepared. I'm currently in Canada now visiting my husband. My husband and I are going to the states at the end of July together for a vacation together and we are driving. We didn't have any problems crossing into the states in April when we drove to New York but he drove back to Canada by himself and I flew back to Canada by myself a week later (if that makes any sense haha). My question is, will we need anything specific to cross the boarder back into Canada besides our passports (for example marriage license, return flight ticket for me back to the states, pay stubs, etc.) and would we run into any problems since I'll have an American passport and my husband will have a Canadian passport? I hope I gave enough details. I just want to be prepared. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
Are you currently "living" with your husband in Canada or are you just visiting often? I know for me there was a point where I was visiting my husband every month for a week at a time and they didn't bat an eye. Are you looking into staying with him until your application is finished?

WDWgirl2011

Nov 4, 2014
jesmithers said:
Are you currently "living" with your husband in Canada or are you just visiting often? I know for me there was a point where I was visiting my husband every month for a week at a time and they didn't bat an eye. Are you looking into staying with him until your application is finished?
I'm just visiting him often like for 2-3 months at a time then going back to New York for a few weeks. I want to stay with him until my application is finished

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jesmithers said:
Make sure you carry copy of marriage certificate and receipt for application. I also always mention that fbi clearance and medical are done already

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Seeking advice on how to extend my stay in the US as a visitor. Have downloaded the USCIS form to extend visitor status, and it asks for Alien registration # and I-94 arrival-departure record #. Since Canadians are visa-exempt, how do I get those numbers? Looks like I may be spending a lot more time there with my spouse, since CIC has f'd up and lost her FBI records. Just add the costs of another cross-continental flight and $300.00 per month for my travel medical insurance to the expense of this immigration process!

wingmands

Apr 10, 2015
Just got a requestrian for additional documents, not sure how we overlooked including a copy of the marriage for my husband the principal applicant.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require

> Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s).

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable

Am I wrong in assuming I am supposed to send a copy of the marriage certificate? As it does not specifically say send the original . Thanks for any input!

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
wingmands said:
Am I wrong in assuming I am supposed to send a copy of the marriage certificate? As it does not specifically say send the original . Thanks for any input!
Yep, just a copy of the marriage certificate. (Long form if it's one from Canada)

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
wingmands said:
Just got a requestrian for additional documents, not sure how we overlooked including a copy of the marriage for my husband the principal applicant.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Edited out #########:

> Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s).

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable

Hello, You should edit the name and UCI # so that it is not being shared openly on the forum. Those things are private and should not be shared for your own protection etc..

monstergirly

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
20-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2015
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
I show "Decision Made" on ECAS but I haven't gotten anything from the CIC yet - the site says "The office will contact you concerning this decision." Will they send an email or snail mail or both? I tried updating our address to where we are now in Canada and it didn't go through. So anxious now - I'll be obsessively checking my email until I get something!

MantisToboggan

Sep 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Doc's Request.
31-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014 (SA)
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
Exempt
Evadyrrehs said:
Hello, You should edit the name and UCI # so that it is not being shared openly on the forum. Those things are private and should not be shared for your own protection etc..
The OP removed it in his post but it still shows in your quote of his post - don't forget to edit it out. ;)

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
monstergirly said:
I show "Decision Made" on ECAS but I haven't gotten anything from the CIC yet - the site says "The office will contact you concerning this decision." Will they send an email or snail mail or both? I tried updating our address to where we are now in Canada and it didn't go through. So anxious now - I'll be obsessively checking my email until I get something!
That would be interesting, since they're still working on Sept 2014 applicants. Are you sure you're not logging in as the sponsor and seeing DM for SA? If it's a real DM on the PA, then a huge congrats!

monstergirly

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
20-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2015
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
saria1 said:
That would be interesting, since they're still working on Sept 2014 applicants. Are you sure you're not logging in as the sponsor and seeing DM for SA? If it's a real DM on the PA, then a huge congrats!
Logged in as sponsor (my husband) and as me (PA) and both sections say "Decision Made". So anxious to know what the decision is!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
monstergirly said:
Logged in as sponsor (my husband) and as me (PA) and both sections say "Decision Made". So anxious to know what the decision is!
WOW, then a huge congrats!!! If they didn't ask for anything, then DM is positive :D Go celebrate!!!