+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
MizAngel said:
That's awesome! We just paid ours on Tuesday so hopefully we get ours soon too :)
Well i received the request for RPRF recently, paid it online and emailed the pdf of receipt to CPP-Ottowa email provided on the July 15th and on July 21st i received the CPR (confirmation of Permanent Residency letter) dated July 16th! So yeah.....2-4 months is probably to be safe, but for mine they took ONE DAY!!! Once you email your RPRF receipt, keep checking the eCas system for any updates!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
TanyaVV said:
Once you email your RPRF receipt, keep checking the eCas system for any updates!
ahhhhh... don't encourage me.

in the back of my head, i'm expecting an email that says, oh hey, sorry! we forgot we need this, this, and this from you too!

i've checked every day this week! i don't want to get sucked in!!!!! :)

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
ahhhhh... don't encourage me. i've checked every day this week! i don't want to get sucked in!!!!! :)
hahaha! i was checking a FEW times a day! did they request your passport? it seems you are in US, correct? They didnt ask for mine as it's a visa-free country the letter said and they just sent me the letter that i need with me to bring to border when i land and no visa needed in my passport...

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
TanyaVV said:
Well i received the request for RPRF recently, paid it online and emailed the pdf of receipt to CPP-Ottowa email provided on the July 15th and on July 21st i received the CPR (confirmation of Permanent Residency letter) dated July 16th! So yeah.....2-4 months is probably to be safe, but for mine they took ONE DAY!!! Once you email your RPRF receipt, keep checking the eCas system for any updates!
We got our RPRF request on July 15th and just paid it on the 22nd, so hopefully it won't take too long. I've become an obsessive ecas checker too, lol.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
MizAngel said:
We got our RPRF request on July 15th and just paid it on the 22nd, so hopefully it won't take too long. I've become an obsessive ecas checker too, lol.
yes we all have the same timeline. it's crazy. July 15th was a busy day for them in ottawa! glad to know i'm not the only one who's started back up with the compulsive behavior this process brings on! :p

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
Question about landing to those of you who have landed by crossing border by car from US: what's the process of bringing your car? Do you need to pay anything? I own it out right for the past 3 years, no liens/loans. And what about bringing a small uHaul truck with personal things? any fees to be paid at landing?

kneekick

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/17/2014
Doc's Request.
07/09/2014 (marriage cert./rprf)
AOR Received.
03/26/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
10/28/2014
MizAngel said:
Ha! I'm in the same boat. We paid our RPRF on July 9th (the day after they requested it) and I've been obsessively checking my ecas dozens of times a day since then. I think we all need a support group. Do any of you know if we should receive confirmation at least from them that they received the payment? Or is that something you find out when you ask them about it?

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
kneekick said:
Ha! I'm in the same boat. We paid our RPRF on July 9th (the day after they requested it) and I've been obsessively checking my ecas dozens of times a day since then. I think we all need a support group. Do any of you know if we should receive confirmation at least from them that they received the payment? Or is that something you find out when you ask them about it?
you won't get any confirmation from them that they received your payment and applied to your application besides the receipt you get from the pay system that payment went thru. eCas will just say "decision made" and a few days later, start compulsively checking your house mailbox! LOL Your sponsor who is in canada can call immigration customer service at 888-242-2100 (can only be dialed from inside canada) and see if they can tell you what the decision is. but if they asked you to pay RPRF fee, it means they already approved you and just waiting for the money to send you the approval letter.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
TanyaVV said:
Question about landing to those of you who have landed by crossing border by car from US: what's the process of bringing your car? Do you need to pay anything? I own it out right for the past 3 years, no liens/loans. And what about bringing a small uHaul truck with personal things? any fees to be paid at landing?
If you you have your COPR now and are ready to land, no, there are no fees for you to pay to bring your belongings with you to Canada when you are ready. Just fill out the B4 forms of what you have in the uhaul truck. Bringing your car is a few more steps involved. You must first export it from the US. Check the CBP website on specific directions on how to do that now since the process has changed since I landed. Once you have exported it from the US you can then immediately bring it to Canada to import it. You will need to have a few things done to the car to get it all the way road ready in Canada, like pay the RIV fee (if your car is not 15 years old or older) and have the inspection done on it and such. Once you get to the Canada side, your CBSA landing agent should be able to help you with more specific instructions when it comes to the RIV forms and such.

Best of luck to you on your new journey!

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
I have sponsored my spouse who is US citizen and on visit to Canada presently. We have got the SA and ECAS says that her medical has been received. Could experts answer these questions i have?

- What are the next steps of this PR process?
- Will she get any AOR? if yes, will it be via email or mail?
- Will she get COPR in email or mail?
- Can rest of steps be completed for her without leaving Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Albertan said:
I have sponsored my spouse who is US citizen and on visit to Canada presently. We have got the SA and ECAS says that her medical has been received. Could experts answer these questions i have?

- What are the next steps of this PR process?
- Will she get any AOR? if yes, will it be via email or mail?
- Will she get COPR in email or mail?
- Can rest of steps be completed for her without leaving Canada?

Thanks in advance.
- Next steps are her background checks and FBI clearance checks, which they will do internally without contacting you.
- Ottawa does not send an AOR, but if they want any additional documents or you haven't paid your RPRF (right of Permanent Residency fee), your wife will get an email requesting that (if you put an email in your application), she also may get a Passport Request, which is simply scanning the bio page and faxing/emailing it in
- COPR comes through regular standard mail.
- She does not have to leave Canada, but you might want to update her address to your Canadian address (done by emailing Ottawa requesting address update with your and her UCI, file number, etc), so the COPR will get sent here. She then just has to drive to the border and 'flagpole' to land as a PR.

kneekick

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/17/2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03/26/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
10/28/2014
MizAngel said:
Just a note that when we received our RPRF request, they asked us in the letter to send the receipt to the CPC-O email address, not the CPC-M email address.
I got the same instructions to send the copy of receipt to Ottawa. Earlier today when I called CIC to confirm receipt of our payment, the man I spoke to kept mentioning that it was supposed to go to the Mississauga office. I wasn't sure at the time and said "Well it could have gone there. Our lawyer took care of it and I'm not exactly sure where they sent it." He looked up my case and saw that they did in fact receive it. I checked the email address after I hung up and saw that we were instructed to email it to the CPC-O email address. :/

After reading these and after speaking to CIC, I hope everything was done properly. Hopefully since they were able to confirm the payment, that means it went to the right place.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MizAngel said:
Just a note that when we received our RPRF request, they asked us in the letter to send the receipt to the CPC-O email address, not the CPC-M email address.
Interesting. This would indicate a change in process. Thanks for the update.

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
computergeek said:
Interesting. This would indicate a change in process. Thanks for the update.
To clear up the confusion, here is the excerpt from an email requesting RPRF:

RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada. This must be received at this office by: 2014/xx/xx

With the exception of Police Certificates and Passport Photos, please submit all other requested documents as scanned attachments and send to the following e-mail address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

-------
you go online to pay the fee thru the canadian immigration site and system sends the electronic payment where it needs to go automatically. You will just email the pdf of the receipt you get once you pay the fee online.

kneekick

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/17/2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03/26/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
10/28/2014
TanyaVV said:
To clear up the confusion, here is the excerpt from an email requesting RPRF:

RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada. This must be received at this office by: 2014/xx/xx

With the exception of Police Certificates and Passport Photos, please submit all other requested documents as scanned attachments and send to the following e-mail address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

-------
you go online to pay the fee thru the canadian immigration site and system sends the electronic payment where it needs to go automatically. You will just email the pdf of the receipt you get once you pay the fee online.
I had that and my email also started with:
"This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada. Your file has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa for further review."

Is the "further review" bit normal?