Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, this is a good thing. again, what was the number of days they gave you to return the missing document? the file may not be updated until that day has passed. my husband called twice. the first time, same thing, all they could tell them is that i was in the system, and they couldn't say for sure if the document was added to the file. the second time, same thing - though that time, they were able to give him a UCI number.
It was the end of March, I just don't remember the exact date. So maybe they just started it recently as they are into early April applications now I believe. I'll keep watch on eCAS and see. Hopefully, I won't have to call twice.

beebrown

May 24, 2012
saintsim1 said:
Hello beebrown. I am a quebec applicant. Interview waived on the csq means no interview was required to get your husband approved for the CSQ. Permanent residency application is processed in ottawa and they'll decide if an interview is needed (usually waived). Make sure you keep the copy of the csq that mentions "IMMIGRATION" at the bottom (page 3). Ottawa requested a copy from me, and I spent a couple of days looking for it. Timeline are 6-8 months on average for US citizens. Good Luck! ;)
Thanks Saintsim. I am so tired of waiting you have no idea! ( well yes you have an idea!!) Now I'm thinking about his job transfer, he works for UPS, they told him that he would have to provide them with the approval letter for the PR. Hope he will like it in Quebec. It's so diffrent then MD where is from... I mean he's used to cows and lots of land and all!!! I'm a girl from the south shore of montreal who LOVES her south shore!!! I thought that the less complicated files were sent to Ottawa office. Cause how would they ask him an interview if he's in Maryland and the office is in Ottawa? Where would he go? NY?

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
cpeters8604 said:
Just to share an update and please share any comments you may have on the latest step in my progress to sponsoring my spouse!

Received an email regarding our case status. Our file has been transferred to CPC-Ottawa. They require supporting documents regarding proof of our relationship. Today I spent the day scanning snail mail letters that we sent over the y ears of our time apart (we loved this as it was a more personal touch than emails). I also scanned flight itineraries including passes. We also included cards congratulating us on our engagement/marriage from family.

We had already provided with the original package my life insurance copies which include my wife as my beneficiary and many pictures from our wedding and engagement. We spent a lot of our relationship apart due to financial reasons as well as the obvious (distance) so we do not have a lot of together photographs (we are both not very photogenic) Looking back now I wish we had taken more photographs of our trips and outings.

I would just like to know from anyone else's experience where we may be in the application process?? From what I understand this is the most difficult part of the process. A lot of very personal and intimate letters were shared and are now at the disposal of an agent so I hope that will be enough. I also wanted to know if providing too many scanned letters or photos can work against us as well.

Thanks to all who spent the time reading this. Good luck to you all
also wanted to add we do not have a lot of phone records as most of our calls were made with phone cards so unfortunately there are no records. in addition we did not use skype too often either. we do on the other hand have a lot of letters (snail mail)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
blueangel371115 said:
It was the end of March, I just don't remember the exact date. So maybe they just started it recently as they are into early April applications now I believe. I'll keep watch on eCAS and see. Hopefully, I won't have to call twice.
i just read your other response. honestly, i don't think checking ecas is going to do anything for you, unless of course the sponsor has a UCI already, then it might tell you something. receipt numbers don't work. generally, ecas doesn't start working until after getting SA. Some people with UCI have been able to check after AOR. It definitely takes at least 2-3 days after the notification to show up on ECAS.

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
Hey everyone,

I wanted to alert you to an issue I had after I landed, so that you can be on the alert and avoid the same issue!

Yesterday I went into Service Canada to obtain a SIN number. I had carefully checked the website and concluded that all I needed to bring was my passport and COPR. Went into the office bright and early to avoid lines. The guy at the desk took my COPR and passport . . . . and informed me that my immigration officer neglected to stamp my passport and write in my COPR number on the passport. Service Canada will not issue a SIN unless your immigration officer has stamped your passport and written your COPR number under the stamp. Mine neglected to do so.

Because of this oversight on the part of the officer at the border, my choices are to 1) drive back to my point of entry (Sarnia) and get them to stamp my passport, or 2) wait until my PR card comes to get a SIN.

So, when you get to the border and your immigration officer processes your paperwork, make sure he stamps your passport and writes in your COPR number below the stamp! It will save a long wait for your SIN.

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Saneth said:
Hey everyone,

I wanted to alert you to an issue I had after I landed, so that you can be on the alert and avoid the same issue!

Yesterday I went into Service Canada to obtain a SIN number. I had carefully checked the website and concluded that all I needed to bring was my passport and COPR. Went into the office bright and early to avoid lines. The guy at the desk took my COPR and passport . . . . and informed me that my immigration officer neglected to stamp my passport and write in my COPR number on the passport. Service Canada will not issue a SIN unless your immigration officer has stamped your passport and written your COPR number under the stamp. Mine neglected to do so.

Because of this oversight on the part of the officer at the border, my choices are to 1) drive back to my point of entry (Sarnia) and get them to stamp my passport, or 2) wait until my PR card comes to get a SIN.

So, when you get to the border and your immigration officer processes your paperwork, make sure he stamps your passport and writes in your COPR number below the stamp! It will save a long wait for your SIN.
Thank you for the heads up!

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
blueangel371115 said:
Ok, here's a question for you folks. My husband just called the Call center. We had resubmitted my missing/incorrect documents in March and hadn't heard anything since. My sponsored husband called them and all they could find and/ or tell him that I was in his (the agent was male) system and he found my full name and birthday (as an addendum I was the one that paid the fees using my personal account). Is that a promising thing? It's been over a month and I'd really like to know where I stand. He said people often have trouble locating their files within the system but I'd really like to move on with the rest of my life at one point in the future.
[/quote

After I submitted the missing document it took 2 months till I received a notice or letter that my file was transferred to Ottawa.

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Has anyone used nexus via air during their petition to enter canada? Pls share UR experience.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
rhcohen2014 said:
i just read your other response. honestly, i don't think checking ecas is going to do anything for you, unless of course the sponsor has a UCI already, then it might tell you something. receipt numbers don't work. generally, ecas doesn't start working until after getting SA. Some people with UCI have been able to check after AOR. It definitely takes at least 2-3 days after the notification to show up on ECAS.
It's weird then because one form of ID they 'let' you use is a receipt number. Either way, it's just a waiting game, so I wait. And get something soon.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
Hello,
My fiance and I will be getting married here in Canada on June 22nd. She is from the US and has been living with me here in Canada since July 1 2013. We applied for the extension to her visit so all is legal and she is set to go back to the US on June 30th. At that point she will have been here living with me in Canada for 1 full year, and the plan is for her to go back home to the US for a few weeks and then come back to Canada again, at which point we will start the Outland process.. Is it possible to start the Outland process and get a receipt at least showing our intentions without filling everything out yet, so when she flies back to Canada we will have a better chance of the border agents letting her back through? We are really worried about all the unknowns when she flies back to Canada and the uncertainty if she will be let through or not.. Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Evadyrrehs said:
Hello,
My fiance and I will be getting married here in Canada on June 22nd. She is from the US and has been living with me here in Canada since July 1 2013. We applied for the extension to her visit so all is legal and she is set to go back to the US on June 30th. At that point she will have been here living with me in Canada for 1 full year, and the plan is for her to go back home to the US for a few weeks and then come back to Canada again, at which point we will start the Outland process.. Is it possible to start the Outland process and get a receipt at least showing our intentions without filling everything out yet, so when she flies back to Canada we will have a better chance of the border agents letting her back through? We are really worried about all the unknowns when she flies back to Canada and the uncertainty if she will be let through or not.. Thanks
yes, absolutely. it will actually help her show them her intentions of doing things the proper way. i would even suggest paying a portion of the fees, and having her do the medical exam (it's cheaper in Canada btw). I did that all the time prior to submitting. The 2 things to be careful about is that the FBI record is only valid for 3 months, so it's important to time receiving it with when you plan to send in your application. Also, CIC regularly updates the forms, so before you send, you want to make sure they haven't been updated. It's also super important she travels with ties to the US, a lease/mortage and/or work contract/paystubs. They are going to want to see she has something to go back to, and it's SUPER important she always using the term "visiting". NOT living or moving, as she will not have permission to do so until she is approved for PR. They may pull her into secondary since she's spent more time in CAnada than the US recently. Also, was she there with extensions previously? How did she maintain legal status all that time? Remember, how long she is allowed back in will be up to the border agent she encounters. Definitely keep us updated on how it goes!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mramajohn said:
Has anyone used nexus via air during their petition to enter canada? Pls share UR experience.
I used it frequently for the entire 39.5 months I had applications pending. No issues.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, absolutely. it will actually help her show them her intentions of doing things the proper way. i would even suggest paying a portion of the fees, and having her do the medical exam (it's cheaper in Canada btw). I did that all the time prior to submitting. The 2 things to be careful about is that the FBI record is only valid for 3 months, so it's important to time receiving it with when you plan to send in your application. Also, CIC regularly updates the forms, so before you send, you want to make sure they haven't been updated. It's also super important she travels with ties to the US, a lease/mortage and/or work contract/paystubs. They are going to want to see she has something to go back to, and it's SUPER important she always using the term "visiting". NOT living or moving, as she will not have permission to do so until she is approved for PR. They may pull her into secondary since she's spent more time in CAnada than the US recently. Also, was she there with extensions previously? How did she maintain legal status all that time? Remember, how long she is allowed back in will be up to the border agent she encounters. Definitely keep us updated on how it goes!
Thank you! Yes she had one extension of 6 months so she is here legally as a visitor for a year till June 30th. She flew here with a one way ticket on July 1 2013 (yes they almost didn't let her through), and we applied for the extension before her 6 months was up and asked for another 6 months which was granted. Not sure we can get the medical done before she goes back on June 30th but we could start the sponsorship process after we are married on June 22 and pay part of the fees and get a receipt etc.

Can the FBI or background check be done in/from Canada when she is here or does that need to be done in the States?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Evadyrrehs said:
Can the FBI or background check be done in/from Canada when she is here or does that need to be done in the States?
The fingerprints can be taken in Canada (I've done it twice) and that is sent to the FBI in WV where it is used to do the criminal background check. You can pay the fee via credit card.

It takes 6-8 weeks typically to get the results back from the FBI.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
computergeek said:
The fingerprints can be taken in Canada (I've done it twice) and that is sent to the FBI in WV where it is used to do the criminal background check. You can pay the fee via credit card.

It takes 6-8 weeks typically to get the results back from the FBI.
It depends on where you go. Hubby and I went to the SQ( Surete du Quebec or something like that), basically his local police station, because in Quebec RCMP doesn't do Immigration fingerprints) in his hometown and they flat out refused to do it, saying I had to go to the States and do it. Of course in my case, the lady had to have someone translate the FBI application and the only other guy there spoke about as much English as she did. So I would personally only deal with the RCMP if possible depending on where you are located.