NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
Hi Friends,
My wife who is a canadian citizen has applied for my PR and the app is in the final stages now.
I live & work in USA on H1B visa(IT industry) which is valid for 3 more years. I am in a dialemma how to go about with my next step after getting canadian PR.

Is it better to do just the landing formality first , come back to US and keep looking for jobs in canada from US while I am still working here in US (Is this really possible, can I just get an offer over phone interviews. Rmbr I am looking for Software jobs)
Or
Should I start settling down and look for jobs (My wife and her parents who all are working are encouraging this option. Glad that they are more than willing to accomodate me till I settle down, but I prefer to live on my own with my wife immediately)
Or
Can I look for jobs even before I get my spousal PR and allow myself the luxury of landing in canada with a Job offer.

Awaiting valuable inputs of experinced members :)

forjoydeep

May 11, 2013
Hi - Not sure wat your situation is right now....but for me I did exactly what you are planning to do....I searched from the US and got a job in one of the canadian companies and now in canada.

Thanks,
Joydeep