AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
hi, can you please update if you got your passport back?
I received the passport back with the visa on Friday 4 feb. Over all it took 7 business days to be processed.

Sk4

Feb 3, 2022
I received the passport back with the visa on Friday 4 feb. Over all it took 7 business days to be processed.
Thank you for confirming.
Im still waiting for mine after 6 days and the DS160 status hasn’t even changed to received. Itjust says no update.

ervster

Feb 9, 2022
Just an Update in case this is helpful to anyone:

Application to renew a B1/B2 Visa as a Canadian Permanent Resident.

- 11th Nov 2021: Dropped off new and old passports + supporting documents to Canada Post (Toronto)
- 12th Nov 2021: Passports reached US Consulate in Toronto
- 19th Nov 2021: Passports dispatched from US Consulate, Toronto
- 22nd Nov 2021: Passports received at post office with US B1/B2 Visa stamp

No interviews or additional supporting documents requested. Very smooth process.
I'm in the same boat - US visa expiring Feb 2022. I submitted my renewal application applied on Jan 22, 2022 - but the link says "No Status" so I'm assuming they haven't processed my application yet.

When did you submit your application to renew and when did you receive a status update? Assuming you use this link to check your status: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I'm in the same boat - US visa expiring Feb 2022. I submitted my renewal application applied on Jan 22, 2022 - but the link says "No Status" so I'm assuming they haven't processed my application yet.

When did you submit your application to renew and when did you receive a status update? Assuming you use this link to check your status: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
Quick question: Hi, Did you already had H1b before and moved to B1/b2 later?
@flimsymammoth and you too?

Biologia36

Jan 11, 2022
Thanks for sharing!

Now it is my turn to give back "peace of mind"

Canadian PR, applying for B1/B2 renewal- Ottawa embassy

- 1st appointment made before the pandemic
- Appointments cancelled many times- over almost 2 years
- After calling CSRA, I found that I quantified for a Interview waiver (valid since Q1-2021) Contact Us | Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | Canada | English (usvisa-info.com)
- I sent the documentation the first week of December
- No changes in the system ("No Status") for over 5 weeks after I sent the documentation ( CEAC (state.gov)
- After the 5th week, the status changed to "Application received"
- After 3 weeks of "Application received" the status changed to "Administrative processing" , and the day after to "Issued"
- 2 days after "Issued" I received the tracking number, also available on the CSRA Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | Canada | English (usvisa-info.com)
- Total journey since I sent the documentation: 2 months

Happy that now I can see my family again - Never give up :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: johnsnow13

Besty11

Oct 8, 2019
Hi All,

I have attended a visa interview for B1/B2 visitor visa on Feb 10 at Toronto Consulate and the officer took my passport and said my visa is issued and I can expect it back in 7-10 days. However , I got an email the same day with subject “U.S. DoS Visa system additional documents required notice” and I followed the instructions in that email and then got another email With subject “DoS Visa system follow up action required”. In both email I am seeing a comment below.

“The U.S. Consulate in Toronto requests that you submit your passport for visa issuance.”

Does anyone know what needs to be done in such case or have any similar experience? I am really confused since my passport has already been submitted during interview itself.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All,

I have attended a visa interview for B1/B2 visitor visa on Feb 10 at Toronto Consulate and the officer took my passport and said my visa is issued and I can expect it back in 7-10 days. However , I got an email the same day with subject “U.S. DoS Visa system additional documents required notice” and I followed the instructions in that email and then got another email With subject “DoS Visa system follow up action required”. In both email I am seeing a comment below.

“The U.S. Consulate in Toronto requests that you submit your passport for visa issuance.”

Does anyone know what needs to be done in such case or have any similar experience? I am really confused since my passport has already been submitted during interview itself.
Did you try reaching out to customer care? Or email to the support team and see what they say.

Achsah

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hi
I got an appointment in July for the application I applied two years back in 2020 may , but due to Covid my appointment got cancelled so now after two years I got an appointment .
So the DS160 form I filled back two years before is still.valid ? Or should I make another one ?

Achsah

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hi gyz it's urgent I would highly appreciate your help in this case
I got an appointment in July 2022 for the application I applied two years back in 2020 may , but due to Covid my appointment got cancelled so now after two years I got an appointment .
So the DS160 form I filled back two years before is still.valid ? Or should I make another one ?

Sk4

Feb 3, 2022
Hi
I got an appointment in July for the application I applied two years back in 2020 may , but due to Covid my appointment got cancelled so now after two years I got an appointment .
DS 160 forms are only valid for 60 days. You for sure need to fill in a new DS160 form and update your application with new DS160 case number.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
DS 160 forms are only valid for 60 days. You for sure need to fill in a new DS160 form and update your application with new DS160 case number.
May be thats pre-pandemic im not sure but now people have been attending interviews between 3-10months after submitting DS-160. My friends have done this with their b1/b2 successfully here in Canada.

Sk4

Feb 3, 2022
May be thats pre-pandemic im not sure but now people have been attending interviews between 3-10months after submitting DS-160. My friends have done this with their b1/b2 successfully here in Canada.
Agreed, but that is if you have an appointment booked within 60 days of filling your DS 160 form though you appointment is few months later.

But if you have filled DS160 form and yet to book an appointment after 60 days then you need new DS160 form