+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

Beastie

Dec 16, 2022
@saaammm does O1 visa go through a process diff than H1bs ? Your timeline is way off.. My H1b extension docs were delivered by Canadapost on Dec 7th and im still in 'No Status'. Can you ball park a date for me to at-least when i may see 'documents received' please...?

also anyone with same timeline as me ?
I'm applying to renew my B1/B2 visa, so no need for an interview. Canada Post delivered my documents on November 29. My status changed from 'No status' to 'Application received' just yesterday. Maybe it can give you an estimate of the timeline....

Reactions: Newbie here

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I should clarify - I had my visa interview on October 3rd, when I was refused for AP. At that time, I already had an approved petition. The only "addtional documents" they asked for was: "my passport for visa issuance"

To answer your question, to be conservative, I would expect 10 business days from when the documents arrive at the consulate
Thanks a lot...

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I'm applying to renew my B1/B2 visa, so no need for an interview. Canada Post delivered my documents on November 29. My status changed from 'No status' to 'Application received' just yesterday. Maybe it can give you an estimate of the timeline....
hmmm....thanks ! yeah...i think one more week.

Sandhu@1313

Dec 21, 2022
Docs delivered to Toronto Consulate: Dec 7th. Status changed to Application Received Today.
My passport was delivered on the 5th of December but still I see no update. I sent mine through Canada Post on my own expense as the one provided in the email was not working at the counter.

Sandhu@1313

Dec 21, 2022
Is there anyone waiting to get an update after passport being delivered to Toronto Consulate for stamping B1/B2 visa. I received a request for passport for stamping which was delivered to the Consulate Toronto dropbox on the 4th of December, but since then my online account still shows send documents.

Beastie

Dec 16, 2022
Is there anyone waiting to get an update after passport being delivered to Toronto Consulate for stamping B1/B2 visa. I received a request for passport for stamping which was delivered to the Consulate Toronto dropbox on the 4th of December, but since then my online account still shows send documents.
Have you checked your status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx? It is there that I have updates. My visa was approved and my account still shows "send documents".

Sandhu@1313

Dec 21, 2022
I sent the passport at my own cost through Canada Post to the dropbox of Toronto Consulate. Does it make any difference in terms of delay in my visa stamping. I was not able to access the free facility that was mentioned in the email.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My passport was delivered on the 5th of December but still I see no update. I sent mine through Canada Post on my own expense as the one provided in the email was not working at the counter.
hmm..i'm surprised the canada post guy sent at your expense..because they know the drill and that's exactly what would be expected of you/canada post by consular...if you got one generated from your uscis site...that means it should be valid. But hope for the best. call the consular customer service team.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
docs delivered Dec 7th
application received Dec 21st
Refused Dec 22nd.
A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

DOES refused mean a final NO ? or is it a status in process ? or how do i comprehend this status ?

Last edited:

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
docs delivered Dec 7th
application received Dec 21st
Refused Dec 22nd.
A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

DOES refused mean a final NO ? or is it a status in process ? or how do i comprehend this status ?
Procedure : Route 1) Received --> Administrative processing --> Issued
Route 2) Received --> Refused followed by AP and then Issued
You only worry if it says DENIED.

visatalkay

Dec 5, 2022
I should clarify - I had my visa interview on October 3rd, when I was refused for AP. At that time, I already had an approved petition. The only "addtional documents" they asked for was: "my passport for visa issuance"

To answer your question, to be conservative, I would expect 10 business days from when the documents arrive at the consulate
Nice - yours got approved today too? interesting, my document delivered on November 28th as well. Let's keep eachother posted when it turns from Approved to Issued. Also, if you wouldn't mind letting me know when you get the email with the tracking number, I'll do the same.
I have just received the canada post tracking number