+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Criminal record?

Socloseyetsofar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
My husband had two charges of possession of marijuana... one in 2005 and one in 2007... both were dismissed and sealed. Wondering if it is not listed on the FBI check should we list on Schedule A?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
My husband had two charges of possession of marijuana... one in 2005 and one in 2007... both were dismissed and sealed. Wondering if it is not listed on the FBI check should we list on Schedule A?
The form asks if you have committed crimes, been arrested, been charged, been convicted, etc. Answer it honestly. Saying arrested ten years ago for something minor but not charged and nothing happened will likely have no impact. Lying that not arrested and charged if they actually were means that they will never really have Permanent Residency, or even Citizenship, because the misrepresentation (which is itself illegal) would always be grounds for it to be removed.

Reactions: Classic Chucks

krouss

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Have you got some news about that? Did it cause problem to your application?

Thanks for the info