+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Citizen/immigrant/alberta nominee program

ajkal

Nov 23, 2008
hello All,
This is my 1st post here. Hopefully you expert can give me some strong advise. Here is my case.
- I'm 31, married with 1 son, self-employed since 2006.
- I'm & son US Citizens
- Wife has green card
- After high school, went to technical school & received in 1999 Certificates in Computer Repair & networking, MS office, & MCP certification & completed around 55 credits in a university.
- Worked as an Tech Support rep for 3 years.
- Sales associate for different companies for about 4 years
- I have a Mortgage $303,000.00
- Student Loan 8,000.00
- A reckless driving ticket in 2008, some speeding since 1994, never had my license suspended, no criminal records.

Now, we want to keep our home here & would like to immigrate to Alberta under their nominee program.
my question is to you expert out there,
Do I have a Chance given my financial, work, & family history in US???

please reply when you guys have chance.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Yes you do,Your job is in their demand list UNFORTUNATELY I work for the BC Goverment Please contact them directly

C

cchabert

Your credit history stays in US, in Canada you'll start from zero, but some lenders can check your credit history in US if you want good interest rates, I don;t know which ones do that.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
So you are saying regardless a good or bad credit history, there will be no impact on canadian lenders.
I would love to hear some detail insight from people like BCguy or Leon who are living in Canada.
I def. want to carry over my US history else starting from the scratch that would be a nightmare.
Your time starts now.......:)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had to start from scratch but I didn't come from the US though. I was told that it might have helped if I had an introduction letter from my bank back home. What you can do in the US is get a copy of your credit report and when you want the good credit, waive it around. If people at one bank will not listen to you, the people at some other bank will. You can also look into opening an account at a bank that has branches in both the US and Canada. The recommendation might go further if it's from one branch of the same corporation to another. Such banks might be HSBC and Citibank among others.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Leon said:
I had to start from scratch but I didn't come from the US though. I was told that it might have helped if I had an introduction letter from my bank back home. What you can do in the US is get a copy of your credit report and when you want the good credit, waive it around. If people at one bank will not listen to you, the people at some other bank will. You can also look into opening an account at a bank that has branches in both the US and Canada. The recommendation might go further if it's from one branch of the same corporation to another. Such banks might be HSBC and Citibank among others.
How about TD banknorth and/or TD Canada Trust? Are they same?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it sure looks like they are, see http://www.td.com/ TD is very common in Canada, easy to find a branch anywhere and they have a pretty good reputation from what I've heard.

craig53

Feb 1, 2006
Folks keep in mind that Canada has access to the same main credit people as the US (Equifax, etc). Could be good or bad depending on what they decide to check. Also-- ajkal have you considered what it's going to cost to maintain that $303K mortgage AND one in Canada? Dude that's a lot of cash outlay monthly and I can't imagine your occupation paying at that level even in Alberta. Even if you want to rent out your home the financial market is so bad you're going to have a time finding someone to pay $2K a month or whatever in rent. Having said all that-- good luck-- we made it to PEI from the US and I wish you well.