Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hey Guys,

Where can we get the photograph done in USA which is accepted by CIC
You didn't say where in the US you are, but I went to this local place in New York
http://www.doicamera.com/passport.html#canada
and fortunately they were accepted fine. I just received my PR card last Monday.

However, if you read previous messages, photos taken by some places work for some people and not for others. It seems that CIC randomly rejects photos taken in the US. But photos taken in Canada seem to be of more consistently good quality.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
You didn't say where in the US you are, but I went to this local place in New York
http://www.doicamera.com/passport.html#canada
and fortunately they were accepted fine. I just received my PR card last Monday.

However, if you read previous messages, photos taken by some places work for some people and not for others. It seems that CIC randomly rejects photos taken in the US. But photos taken in Canada seem to be of more consistently good quality.

We used Walgreen's, my photos were accepted and my wife's were not. Then she used Walgreens a 2nd time, and they were accepted.

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
I'm planning to send the passports to CPC-Ottawa using FedEx. Should I send a return envelope along with it or just the copy of the return shipping label? From reading the posts in the thread, it looks like envelope needs to be sent but that's not clear in the email.

The PPR email says "One pre-paid return envelope" at step 3 which is common for Canada and US residents but just " A copy of a Self-Addressed FedEx, UPS or Purolator shipping label should be provided for the return of your documents..." at step 4 specific to US residents.

Please advise.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
We used Walgreen's, my photos were accepted and my wife's were not. Then she used Walgreens a 2nd time, and they were accepted.
It seems that many people have had these kinds of hit or miss experiences with Walgreens

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I'm planning to send the passports to CPC-Ottawa using FedEx. Should I send a return envelope along with it or just the copy of the return shipping label? From reading the posts in the thread, it looks like envelope needs to be sent but that's not clear in the email.

The PPR email says "One pre-paid return envelope" at step 3 which is common for Canada and US residents but just " A copy of a Self-Addressed FedEx, UPS or Purolator shipping label should be provided for the return of your documents..." at step 4 specific to US residents.

Please advise.
FedEx is recommended. Open free FedEx online account. Then use ship manager advanced to print the label. I recommend using FedEx ground. You will not see this option in ship manager lite. Select repair and return as shipment type. Then enter 0.5lbs as weight and $1 as value. Use already scheduled pickup. It will print label and customs form. Just send these printouts with you passports.

Magot111

Jul 25, 2018
US
Hello Guys;

Just joining the forum.

I submitted my application Yesterday July 25th but unfortunately forgot a few pages of my passport where I had a stamp and uploaded the wrong pictures (that'll teach me doing things that serious at midnight...) I realized this today and immediately raised a CSE.
I am planning on calling IRCC tomorrow and kindly ask the agent to put a note in my application and upload the right copies of my passport.

Any feedback on this ? Has anyone ever uploaded an incomplete passport scan ? or pictures ? I really hope that my application will not get rejected without giving me a chance to correct it. I got my invitation with a score of 518 but really hope that I do not have to be back in the pool and loose another month.

Thanks all.

sujam

May 11, 2017
New Jersey
I'm a USA based Indian PR aspirant and recently received an ITA from Federal Stream. Please connect with me(DM) if you're on the same boat and would like to discuss doc preparation and stuff...

Thanks

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I'm a USA based Indian PR aspirant and recently received an ITA from Federal Stream. Please connect with me(DM) if you're on the same boat and would like to discuss doc preparation and stuff...

Thanks
You can post your questions here, that's what the forum is for.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello Guys;

Just joining the forum.

I submitted my application Yesterday July 25th but unfortunately forgot a few pages of my passport where I had a stamp and uploaded the wrong pictures (that'll teach me doing things that serious at midnight...) I realized this today and immediately raised a CSE.
I am planning on calling IRCC tomorrow and kindly ask the agent to put a note in my application and upload the right copies of my passport.

Any feedback on this ? Has anyone ever uploaded an incomplete passport scan ? or pictures ? I really hope that my application will not get rejected without giving me a chance to correct it. I got my invitation with a score of 518 but really hope that I do not have to be back in the pool and loose another month.

Thanks all.
CSE will do it, don't worry. Missing pages is not that big a deal, but wrong pictures could have been a problem.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Delighted to announce that I received my PPR email today. :D

FedEx is recommended. Open free FedEx online account. Then use ship manager advanced to print the label. I recommend using FedEx ground. You will not see this option in ship manager lite. Select repair and return as shipment type. Then enter 0.5lbs as weight and $1 as value. Use already scheduled pickup. It will print label and customs form. Just send these printouts with you passports.
Thank you so much for this, it's really helpful. So is the shipping label enough without an envelope?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Delighted to announce that I received my PPR email today. :D

Thank you so much for this, it's really helpful. So is the shipping label enough without an envelope?
Congrats!!!

They want an envelope with the shipping label

Reactions: northern sunshine

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm not a US citizen but I've been living in the US for the last 12 years. My future in the US doesn't look like it will pan out how I'd hope so I'm taking a plunge and looking at immigrating to Canada hopefully on a permanent basis. Now, I already received my ECA and I'm expecting to get my IELTS result tomorrow (the online version anyway) and I'm planning on creating my profile then. Not really sure where I'll end up in terms of CRS score but I'm hoping it will be in the 410s - 420s or higher. That said, I started living in the US a couple of months before I turned 18 so I'm thinking the PCC from the FBI is the only one I will need. My question is how do non-US citizens go about getting the fingerprints taken and get them processed? I checked the site and it got me a bit confused talking about channel and whatnot. Do I just go to a police station and ask someone to help me with that?

The other thing, has anyone used their 401K as proof of funds? Does it matter if you are 100% vested? My plan is to use both my 401K and my savings as proof of funds. That said, if CIC looks back at the last 6 months, I've slowly built the funds to where I now have the required amount and a little bit extra, would that cause an issue because the funds weren't all in the account over the 6 months period?

Let me know your thoughts please.
Hi! I know this is a pretty old post, but I have a quick question. Did IRCC ask for paystubs/proof of legal status and official transcripts from U.S. degrees earned? I've been in a bit of a limbo, and reading through the forum it seems my application is taking quite longer than expected. I too have lived in the U.S. for 14 years, as a student and then as a temporary worker (H1-B). I started the perm residency application in February 2018 but because I moved out of the U.S. shortly before applying, my application was sent to London and after gathering dust for 3 months it was decided that it was only logical to send my application to Los Angeles. So there really wasn't any movement on my application from March until July when I got the request for pay stubs and w2s in the past 3 years, proof of legal status in the U.S. for the past 5 years and official transcripts from all U.S. schools where the degrees were earned. I'm trying to figure out if this is a normal request and also why my application is taking soooo long. It's July now. I've submitted all the docs, but not sure how much longer I can wait for a response...