+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENTTTT!!!!! PLEASE HELP REQ - Switching from family class to CEC??!!

incanadainn

Jun 16, 2013
Hello Friends,

Need a urgent, urgent, urgent help please. Below are the few points for your quick reference and knowing the situation.

a.. My wife was a primary PR to Canada. Landed in Sep 2012.

b.. we got married in India in May 2013. (She came over to get married).

c.. After marriage, she spondered me via family class sponsership (submitted application in august 2013).

d.. But during this process, I came to Canada on work permit from my company (as a forigen worker).

e.. I have been called for the interview on Oct 7th by NDVO based on the family class sponsership.

f. I will be finishing my 1 year in canada by this Sep 20, 2014.

since we dont want to stay apart for another 2-3 months until my family class sponsered visa is stamped, an idea clicked to our mind at the last moment that:

"why can't I apply directly for the PR based on my staus in the country ( CEC - Canadian Experience class category)."??

We kindly beg your answers humbly as below.

1.. Can my wife now withdraw the family class sponsorship application? If so, how long will it take for them to get notified from us. Are they going to see immediately and cancel the application an dthe interview?.

2. Are we going to get the money back (the fee) paid?

3. Since we have already accepted the interview, will there be a problem to withdraw the application?

4. after the withdrawl, since I will be still working in the country, Can I apply myself as primary applicant for the PR based on my CEC immediately after the withdrawl once I complete 1 year by Sep 20th? (without any hassels).

5. If so, will there be any further problem or any section while filling my PR application to mention, "If I had filed the PR application before this"?

It's the last few days for us to take any decision. Please, please, request you to answer the best possible appropriate ones for us to take this quick decision.

Thank you very much in advance.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
incanadainn said:
Hello Friends,

Need a urgent, urgent, urgent help please. Below are the few points for your quick reference and knowing the situation.

a.. My wife was a primary PR to Canada. Landed in Sep 2012.

b.. we got married in India in May 2013. (She came over to get married).

c.. After marriage, she spondered me via family class sponsership (submitted application in august 2013).

d.. But during this process, I came to Canada on work permit from my company (as a forigen worker).

e.. I have been called for the interview on Oct 7th by NDVO based on the family class sponsership.

f. I will be finishing my 1 year in canada by this Sep 20, 2014.

since we dont want to stay apart for another 2-3 months until my family class sponsered visa is stamped, an idea clicked to our mind at the last moment that:

"why can't I apply directly for the PR based on my staus in the country ( CEC - Canadian Experience class category)."??

We kindly beg your answers humbly as below.

1.. Can my wife now withdraw the family class sponsorship application? If so, how long will it take for them to get notified from us. Are they going to see immediately and cancel the application an dthe interview?.
It can take a month at the minimum for CIC to cancel your application. This could be later than your interview date.
No, application fees are only returned if processing was not started.
3. Since we have already accepted the interview, will there be a problem to withdraw the application?
No problem, but might make VO suspicious.
4. after the withdrawl, since I will be still working in the country, Can I apply myself as primary applicant for the PR based on my CEC immediately after the withdrawl once I complete 1 year by Sep 20th? (without any hassels).
Need to remember all requirements for CEC and check eligibility. CEC has a minimum language requirements and the job should be in NOC 0, A or B
5. If so, will there be any further problem or any section while filling my PR application to mention, "If I had filed the PR application before this"?
There shouldn't be any problems in future PR applications.
It's the last few days for us to take any decision. Please, please, request you to answer the best possible appropriate ones for us to take this quick decision.

Thank you very much in advance.

Please see inline in red.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
incanadainn said:
since we dont want to stay apart for another 2-3 months until my family class sponsered visa is stamped,

why would this be necessary? When does your work permit expire?

1.. Can my wife now withdraw the family class sponsorship application?

She can, but there is no need, it is permitted to have more than one application in process. You can apply for both if you want. Then when one is ready to be finalized, you can cancel the other. Unfortunately, you don't get your fees refunded after the application is placed into processing.

If so, how long will it take for them to get notified from us. Are they going to see immediately and cancel the application an dthe interview?.

No.

Shouldn't be.

You would be the sole family member on the application, but you would have to write a letter explaining that your wife is already a PR... It's been done. But ask yourself this - how would you feel if for some reason your CEC application is refused? Isn't it better to keep it in process, then you have 2 chances for PR...

You would have to explain it, but it would likely not cause you any problem. Although it could create some curiosity, since there is no real need (or benefit) to withdrawing the application, other than avoiding an interview.

incanadainn

Jun 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your replies maniac2403 and jes_ON

Work permit expires on Sep 30th 2014.

all your answers seems very precise., But yes it might make the VO suspicious of why they retrieved the application now.

So considering all the consequences, we are so much confused! we seriously dont want that interview and leave my wife here all alone and go.
Nor don't want to stay for 2-3 months away!!

Also, need one more answer please :
1. My wife is currently not working. Would that cause problem during my interview? will they ask if she is working or not in Canada ? how she is going to support you? etc.
2. Also. can 2 ppl in a family be primary PR holders in the country?? For eg: my wife is already a PR and if I apply again, I am the one (but yes no one is included in my application from my family, it's only for me alone)

Thanks again! but this is something which is killing us. Torn apart!! should have thought very early last december or atleast in January 2014 while we were sending the pp when they requested.!
God! help us!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
incanadainn said:
Work permit expires on Sep 30th 2014.

So, how were you planning to stay here and work? Have you applied for a new work permit?

So considering all the consequences, we are so much confused! we seriously dont want that interview and leave my wife here all alone and go. Nor don't want to stay for 2-3 months away!!

I understand the difficulties and I'm not I'm not dismissing your concerns, but in the bigger scheme of things, 2-3 months is nothing.

Also, need one more answer please :
1. My wife is currently not working. Would that cause problem during my interview? will they ask if she is working or not in Canada ? how she is going to support you? etc.
Yes, it could.

2. Also. can 2 ppl in a family be primary PR holders in the country?? For eg: my wife is already a PR and if I apply again, I am the one (but yes no one is included in my application from my family, it's only for me alone)

No such thing as "primary PR holder." When you apply, there is a principal applicant and a dependent, but if you become permanent residents, it is all the same status. Sponsors, however, have to meet their obligations.

incanadainn

Jun 16, 2013
jes_ON

Thanks again for your answers.

Well, my employer had applied for a renewal of wp, meaning I applied for a wp renewal a month ago as they stil wanted me here for another one year! and it is still active . Also, I checked that they have also submitted.

Only thing is now, I should know how long is it going to take for the visa office to stamp my visa after my interview and I wont have my passport with me as well (unable to get a defintive answer here).
So that I can go on a vacation for 2 weeks from the current employer and be back (only if I get my visa in 2-3 weeks of time).
I don't know if this will work for me again as my pp will be with VO office to stamp the visa!! and how long, god knows!!

So I had to tell my employer to roll me off from here. So now, even that wp I applied from my company also becomes void. Because I wont have my pp with me once I go to the interview.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
incanadainn said:
Well, my employer had applied for a renewal of wp, meaning I applied for a wp renewal a month ago as they stil wanted me here for another one year! and it is still active . Also, I checked that they have also submitted.

Only thing is now, I should know how long is it going to take for the visa office to stamp my visa after my interview and I wont have my passport with me as well (unable to get a defintive answer here).
So that I can go on a vacation for 2 weeks from the current employer and be back (only if I get my visa in 2-3 weeks of time).
I don't know if this will work for me again as my pp will be with VO office to stamp the visa!! and how long, god knows!!

So I had to tell my employer to roll me off from here. So now, even that wp I applied from my company also becomes void. Because I wont have my pp with me once I go to the interview.
I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you're saying or what the issues are... I don't know the processes for family class applications, you'd be better of posting in the family class forum...