+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgently need help...Fraud Done by my husband

reythomas

Apr 10, 2014
Regina said:
CALL Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). You have the number!!!!
They take an immigrant thru landing process and they grant PR status at the airport. Because Embassy already finished working with him, it issued him "entrance visa", and now Embassy could only alarm CBSA. Who knows how long it will take? And your cheating husband could be in Canada tomorrow. [size=10pt]So to get ahead of him you have to tell CBSA what is going on, and not an Embassy.[/size]

Also ask them how could you provide them with proof that he misrepresented. What papers and where to send. Tell them you do not have marriage certificate, ask them what could convince them that you are telling the truth.
yes i do hve number,,,,and Bingo!!!! i got to know the date of his flying....as he is saying since morning that he has a very urgent meeting on that specific date so would be out of station for few days.....
i will tell all details to CBSA...hopefully thy will keep it confidential,,,

reythomas

Apr 10, 2014
on-hold said:
Every domestic dispute has two sides -- when people I know split up, sometimes you know one is right and one is wrong. Here, no one does. Personally, I advise the OP to simply let her husband go -- what's the point of taking revenge? He wants to leave, let him. None of us can say why he's taken this route, he might have good reasons.
as if its too simple....i dont want to take revenge....
Let him go means? simply he will go n never come back....what will i tell to society that my husband just eloped....just like that.....
atleast he could hve share it with me....i m telling u i had been very supporting throughout his career and family.....
actually u are nt in that situation to understand,,,
thanks fr ur concern,, i really respect ur views also

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Yep, that's my point -- I'm not in a position to understand. I'm just saying that, from my perspective, your marriage is finished. Your husband is trying to get away, I doubt that he'll stay if you destroy his application. There might be good reasons for him to behave like this, or at least reasons that make sense to him and which are understandable. I'm not going to speculate on those, though, because my general point is just that revenge is not generally a good thing. In my opinion it's better to not try to control things that we can't control, and save our labour and anxiety for the things that we do.

A second reason is that this sort of action can actually be dangerous.

But anyway, good luck. I hope that things work out better than they have up to this point.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Well, yes I did read that -- but in a later post she says that she doesn't want to say that her husband just eloped. I guess I don't see the point of ruining his life and then divorcing him; if that is her plan, then getting his visa cancelled is simple revenge. Since we don't know anything about either of the people involved, especially the husband, I don't believe in counselling people to do things to hurt other people.

reythomas

Apr 10, 2014
on-hold said:
Well, yes I did read that -- but in a later post she says that she doesn't want to say that her husband just eloped. I guess I don't see the point of ruining his life and then divorcing him; if that is her plan, then getting is visa cancelled is simple revenge. Since we don't know anything about either of the people involved, especially the husband, I don't believe in counselling people to do things to hurt other people.
Pls dont take it otherwise...i simply wanted a suggestion from the forum members that what are the steps to be taken in my case...
n u r true u dont know the circumstances...thats why u r seeing very positive in it...
But cheating alwaz remain cheating....

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to say that her husband just eloped.
Yes. beacause she wants to divorse him for his CHEATING.

I guess I don't see the point of ruining his life
Well, she was not going to divorce him till the moment she discovered that he CHEATED on her.

if that is her plan, then getting is visa cancelled is simple revenge.
No. It is his punishment for cheating.

It is just the result of HIS behavior. If HE wanted to divorce her- he could do it first and then do whatever he wants. But right now - he used her and he cheated on her. There HAVE to be consequences.

reythomas

Apr 10, 2014
Regina said:
Yes. beacause she wants to divorse him for his CHEATING.
Well, she was not going to divorce him till the moment she discovered that he CHEATED on her.
No. It is his punishment for cheating.

It is just the result of HIS behavior. If HE wanted to divorce her- he could do it first and then do whatever he wants. But right now - he used her and he cheated on her. There HAVE to be consequences.
i am really grateful for ur advice and support....
i really wanted a help as was feeling very shattered and depressed...as it was a shock fr me that my husband to whom i consider everything to me has cheated on me....if there had been any problem he could have discussed with me,,,,but till day also we are like a swee couple and in his happy face he is actually hiding a cheater...
it was all my hard earn money that he might have shown in his bank account.

thanks friends...i got the way n i ll act accordingly,,,rest all is in god's hand

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
That's a lot of certainty for someone who only knows the sketchy outline of the story, told by another person. OP, everything I say here is a response to Regina, and simply hypothetical. I'm not saying that this is the situation at all, and you don't need to give us any more details. These are some of the reasons why I, in this situation, would not assume that I understand what is going on.

- it could have been an arranged marriage that the husband was forced into by his family. That happened to my wife's cousin in Thailand, and she hung herself on her wedding day. Maybe the husband is trying to escape to live with a woman he really loves. I don't blame people who try to escape these.

- maybe he knows that his wife would refuse a divorce.

- maybe the husband is gay.

- maybe there are other things that we simply don't understand. Why is there no marriage certificate? How is divorce considered in their society? Are there financial issues?

Now, it's also entirely possible (maybe even likely) that the wife is correct, and her husband is a titanic jerk. But who knows? Obviously, their marriage is finished, though I didn't see the bit about eloping until the end, I thought he was going to Canada as a single man. If I was her, I would decide how much alimony I wanted, tell the husband that is what he will pay her monthly, and remind him that she can have his PR revoked at any point in the future. If he is culpable, or even if he's not, let him pay the proper amount to support her; I would guess he would probably have a greater ability to do this if he's working here, presumably he's a professional.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
reythomas said:
Hi there,

Kindly help as my husband got the Canadian PR and didnt even told me...he shown himself as single in application and got the Visa...Kindly advice urgently where can i complain.

Pls help...
If this is actually a legitimate post I am sorry for your distress and I do not intend to make it worse. I have read the comments and come away with some questions. The foremost question is that the poster has a surprising understanding of the Canadian immigration programme (FSW) for someone who has no prior exposure to it. Unless she found copies of the application form, how does she know he indicated "Single" status? Finally, if this is a real case, I do not agree with letting someone obtain Canadian PR through misrepresentation and he should be reported. For her safety, I think letting CBSA deal with him is better than confronting him.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless she found copies of the application form, how does she know he indicated "Single" status?
Nobody knows that for sure. However he got entry visa only for himself. it is difficult to imagine he showed himself married in the forms but pointed his wife as not following him to Canada. :)

If he considers himself single (because they do not have marriage certificate) it is not what CIC considers for being a "single"

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
on-hold said:
Every domestic dispute has two sides -- when people I know split up, sometimes you know one is right and one is wrong. Here, no one does. Personally, I advise the OP to simply let her husband go -- what's the point of taking revenge? He wants to leave, let him. None of us can say why he's taken this route, he might have good reasons.
I'm sure the OP wants revenge (and I don't blame her). But as for letting her husband go - if all this is true, he committed a crime - intentional misrepresentation. Are you saying that she should let him get away with a crime? Should he get away with it?

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
on-hold said:
The other side opinion (from husband) should be considered when people trying to make extended opinion or judge the case. No one know what the husband situation and why he did this. This is main concern. Furthermore, if there is no mirage certificate, the wife cannot proof the mirage, and CIC will not accept her enquiry without document proof.
In the same time, I am supportive of talking to him by middle person, might from family. Maybe without telling him that his wife know about his visa. Then clear picture will be give to the wife from this middle person.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
keesio said:
I'm sure the OP wants revenge (and I don't blame her). But as for letting her husband go - if all this is true, he committed a crime - intentional misrepresentation. Are you saying that she should let him get away with a crime? Should he get away with it?
Well, you've asked a complicated question that I imagine seems pretty simple to you -- sometimes it will be. The world is full of crimes that individuals don't report -- I'm sure CIC doesn't consider it the responsibility of a random foreign woman to report what she knows to them. If I knew a student who was working 22 hours a week instead of 20, I wouldn't turn them in. When I walk home, I see people driving every day while talking on cell phones, or more rarely, texting. I could write down license plates, I could try and photograph their cars, but I don't, even though I hate people who do this (it's more damaging, in my opinion, than intentional misrepresentation) -- most of us don't go through life feeling that we have to report every crime that we see. As Gandalf says somewhere, "Many who are dead deserve life, and there are many alive who deserve death. Are you going to give it to them?" (Or something like that.)

The situation described is one the lowest kind of intentional misrepresentation, a man abandoning his wife. I can imagine others where it would be much less thoroughly condemned -- most people do take a person's personal situation into account when determining culpability. I'm sure that you can imagine scenarios where you would hesitate to turn in someone who commits intentional misrepresentation. Since we don't really know the situation, I find it hard to get worked up about it. And as I said, there are always two sides to every story. You yourself point out that this is hypothetical -- 'if all this is true'. In my experience, things that are done largely for revenge rarely turn out to be satisfactory -- and it's very easy to convince oneself that one is doing the 'moral' thing, when motives are vengeful.

Here's an example of what I mean -- it's from Wikipedia, so it might not be accurate. My point is simply that high-level Canadian authorities don't seem to care that much about certain types of misrepresentation, why is it the moral responsibility of the OP? These are people who I would turn in, if I knew about it -- but they're still in Canada:

The government has been somewhat more successful in civil proceedings against accused wartime criminals. Since 1998, courts have found that six men, all Ukrainian, misrepresented their wartime activities and could have their citizenship revoked. Another seven people subject to deportation or citizenship-revocation procedures have died.
However, the Cabinet has yet to revoke the citizenship of any of the men.

Finally, and this is a comment on another issue, I find it hard to believe that the process under discussion will result in the man's immediate return. Assuming that CIC acts, will they really revoke his ability to land based on a phone call, even supported with documents? The documents could be forged, there has to be an investigation period; the man will summon evidence to support his side -- testimonials of relatives, bank statements, who knows what else? Presumably he has evidence from his life that he submitted to CIC that doesn't reveal his married state. I'm just saying that I would assume there will be an investigation, and that it will take quite some time, especially because the OP says she has no marriage certificate.

In a way, I guess your question (for me) is similar to that famous cartoon: "But someone is wrong on the Internet" There are plenty of things CIC prohibits that I would turn in in a heartbeat -- human trafficking, medical lies, companies that cheat TFWs, things like that. But you've got to draw a line somewhere, at least I do.

Apologies to the OP for this long and off-topic post . . . :-X

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Context definitely matters. People should take into account all the details of a situation instead of always blindly following the letter of the law.

Would I expose someone who is in breach of the RO for PR when they are trying to return to Canada if the reason why they didn't meet their 730 days is because they could not find a good job to support their family in Canada so they decided to work abroad?

No. I have some sympathy for that person. And obviously CBSA does too since sometimes they will let people in who they do suspect or know are in breach of their RO, without reporting them. It is a judgement call on their part despite the 2/5 year rule.

Would I expose someone who lied to CIC about his marriage and planned on abandoning his wife without her knowledge and immigrating to Canada?

I'm not sure without more details. But I can tell you that I have much less sympathy for this man.

And yes, because we don't know all the details, i did put down "if all of this is true". I don't know what is true so I don't know for sure. But if it is true, I have a bad feeling about letting someone like that become a permanent resident here.