+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT : Working along with Education? Is it countable?

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Hi ,

I did IT full time course in 2006-2007 and along with it I was working as Full Time Paid employee in 2006-2007 in marketing field as I have BMS degree(2003-2006) with me. Now, My work experience and Studies years are same ::)

And after completing IT course I changed my job and switched to IT fields companies. But, note that I do have 1 year experience of Marketing and its relative letters. 8)

Will it be OK, if I dont apply in IT quota and I apply visa on 1 year work experience in Marketing in 2006-2007? Do we have any exception? :eek:

I hope it should be Ok, but could you please also confirm.

Many thanks :) :) :) :)

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
anant_9sept said:
Hi ,

I did IT full time course in 2006-2007 and along with it I was working as Full Time Paid employee in 2006-2007 in marketing field as I have BMS degree(2003-2006) with me. Now, My work experience and Studies years are same ::)

And after completing IT course I changed my job and switched to IT fields companies. But, note that I do have 1 year experience of Marketing and its relative letters. 8)

Will it be OK, if I dont apply in IT quota and I apply visa on 1 year work experience in Marketing in 2006-2007? Do we have any exception? :eek:

I hope it should be Ok, but could you please also confirm.

Many thanks :) :) :) :)
i think this may get you into trouble in the interviews even though ur application qualifies in the initial PER etc.

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Interesting...

As per CIC guidelines
[To be eligible] You have at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in continuous part-time) paid work experience in the last ten years in an eligible occupation.'

Do we know what type of questions they may I ask me on this? And will they actually reject my application or not?

thanks

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
anant_9sept said:
Interesting...

As per CIC guidelines
[To be eligible] You have at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in continuous part-time) paid work experience in the last ten years in an eligible occupation.'

Do we know what type of questions they may I ask me on this? And will they actually reject my application or not?

thanks
if u have one year full time ( no parallel with studies ) you should be eligible . see how many points u get.
i am not sure if u can count your full time experience when u were full time studies in your total experience.

by common sense when you are full time studying attending classess how can u be full time working. given that there are 24 hrs a day. this is just my opinion.

i have a full time degree and parallely worked full time. i didn't attend clasess and on exams i took off from office. but i am not showing my full time degree because it may lead to too many questions, integrity , honesty and transparency

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Agreed..

But in my case, I did IT (Autonomous 1years college course) where college timing was from 8am to 3pm. And I used to work in company as full time between 4pm to 12am.

I have original "college mark sheet with degree" and " job experience letter with relieving letter.

I am very confused, shall I apply for it or not.... ???. PLEASE SUGGEST!!!!.. I

Thanks

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
anant_9sept said:
Agreed..

But in my case, I did IT (Autonomous 1years college course) where college timing was from 8am to 3pm. And I used to work in company as full time between 4pm to 12am.

I have original "college mark sheet with degree" and " job experience letter with relieving letter.

I am very confused, shall I apply for it or not.... ???. PLEASE SUGGEST!!!!.. I

Thanks
i suggest . go ahead and apply . all you will lose is courier charges. but u gain experience to apply next time even if it gets rejected. but i seriously dont see any reason it shouldn't be accepted. its all upto the immigrations officers discretion.

a better idea would be to call CIC or email them with your situation and then apply.

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
I think you are right, I should, 8)

If have to pay(for myself and wife) amount of CAD 1100 for application filing. :eek: .We do pay it online right? or we send DD in courier? And in case they reject application do they return the money? :-[

How much time do they take? And if suppose my application get rejected can I apply in Express Entry in 2015? 8)

And could you please share contact detail(I cant find it), where I can directly call and clarify my doubts?
I can see too many emailId for each location. Can you suggest emailId as well where I can get first hand information?

Any help is much much appreciated... :)

Many Thanks :) :D ;D :)