+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - why my visa is taking more than double processing time ?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Hi I applied for a visitor visa online on Nov 9th. I was supposed to travel on Dec 18th ::) but nothing no decision is taken yet under CIC my account.

VAC was in Beirut but online applications are processed in ANKARA, Turkey. The processing time is ANKARA is 4 days and Beirut is 20 days. I have been waiting for 40 days :) what that could be ?

Is that a positive thing ? because from my experience, they reject people within 2 weeks!

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Processing time does not indicate an approval or a rejection.

It could be possible that the visa office requires additional information from your home country which is taking longer than the estimated processing times posted on the IRCC website.

You could send a Case Specific Enquiry to your visa office

Cheers

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Thank you Bryanna.

They never asked for any additional documents yet.

I did send them an email and the reply was:
"
Dear Applicant

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your application for a temporary visitor/study/work visa.
Your application is still under review – Please note that this review is being done by outside agencies and hence, we do not control the processing time and are unable to expedite the file.
Rest assured, as soon as the review is completed, we will be notified immediately and action the file for next steps.
We do understand the situation but kindly request your patience in this matter.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards

Immigration Section | Section de visa

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada
Cinnah Caddesi 58, 06690, Çankaya, Ankara
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada "

not sure what they mean by outside agency.

sh_afra

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi,
I have the same issue and I am still waiting for the Visa. It's been more than a year for me. May I ask what happened to your case finally? Did you manage to get it?

MozyMozy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Thank you Bryanna.

They never asked for any additional documents yet.

I did send them an email and the reply was:
"
Dear Applicant

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your application for a temporary visitor/study/work visa.
Your application is still under review – Please note that this review is being done by outside agencies and hence, we do not control the processing time and are unable to expedite the file.
Rest assured, as soon as the review is completed, we will be notified immediately and action the file for next steps.
We do understand the situation but kindly request your patience in this matter.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards

Immigration Section | Section de visa

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada
Cinnah Caddesi 58, 06690, Çankaya, Ankara
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada "

not sure what they mean by outside agency.
Plz let me know how long it takes and what was the final decision cuz I'm facing the same issue?