+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : WES evaluation query

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
yes, this must be first set of factors for getting 50 points. you are right about getting the other 50 from next 2 sets of factors.

ok.. so take my case.

I have Masters degree science and then I have also done bachelors in science (which is very obvious :D )
I have more than 6 years of work exp in one single NOC. Now if I score CLB 9 or more in all sections of IELTS,
will I get this first 50 here and then also the another 50 from next 2 set of factors??
pls clarify.
If you score more than CLB 9 in all sections,

1. You will score 50 under this factor "Foreign work experience – With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher)" because you have more than 3 years of work experience.

2. You will score 50 under this factor "Education" ONLY IF your Masters is equivalent to Canadian Masters. If not, you will get 25 here.

All the best!

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
Hi Members,

My query is not related to WES but arises from certain posts in this thread.

1. When we talk about continous work experience, does that mean that the work exp has to be under 1 NOC ? e.g. I have total of 6 years of continous work exp of more than 12 months but they may not necessarily be under the same NOC. So, when I claim points for work exp, should i state 6 years or more (which will obviously give more pts) or should I break my work exp as per NOC?

Regards,

VSG

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsgautam said:
Hi Members,

My query is not related to WES but arises from certain posts in this thread.

1. When we talk about continous work experience, does that mean that the work exp has to be under 1 NOC ? e.g. I have total of 6 years of continous work exp of more than 12 months but they may not necessarily be under the same NOC. So, when I claim points for work exp, should i state 6 years or more (which will obviously give more pts) or should I break my work exp as per NOC?

Regards,

VSG
For CRS points, it can be under different NOCs and points max out at 3 years of work experience.

For FSWP 100 points grid, work experience under the same NOC is counted towards points and maxes out at 15 points for 6 or more years of work experience under the same NOC.

One can have discontinuous work experience but acquired over the last 10 years for both of these parameters.

Hope this clarifies. All the best!

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
Hi Asivad,

Thank you for the reply but I am still confused, just want to be sure -

1. I would be claiming points for my work exp broken down as below -

a. Company 1 - 3 years and 1 months, NOC O
b. Company 2 - 2 years, NOC A
c. Company 3 - 1 years, NOC A

So when I calculate my eligibilty criteria, how many years of work exp should I take?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
VSG

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsgautam said:
Hi Asivad,

Thank you for the reply but I am still confused, just want to be sure -

1. I would be claiming points for my work exp broken down as below -

a. Company 1 - 3 years and 1 months, NOC O
b. Company 2 - 2 years, NOC A
c. Company 3 - 1 years, NOC A

So when I calculate my eligibilty criteria, how many years of work exp should I take?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
VSG
For CRS purposes, you already have the max work experience.

For FSWP eligibility, you will get 11 points on 100 point grid for Company 1. If Comapny 2 and Company 3 NOCs are the same, you can get those 11 points across these 2 jobs instead or even just with Company 2.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
Thanks, got it.

So when filling in come to canada tool, in work experience I have to choose 2-3 years option, right!

Regards,

VSG

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you score more than CLB 9 in all sections,

1. You will score 50 under this factor "Foreign work experience – With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher)" because you have more than 3 years of work experience.

2. You will score 50 under this factor "Education" ONLY IF your Masters is equivalent to Canadian Masters. If not, you will get 25 here.

All the best!
Ok.. As I have understood from what you have suggested here... that if my Master degree ECA is equivalent to Canadian Bachelors 4 years, then it is because of the fact that my entire post secondary Education (it 3+2 = 5 years of B.Sc. and M.Sc. together) considered as only one credential (as per Canadian standards) and not that I have acquired two credentials post completions of my secondary education.

Because of this, I will not be able to get full 50 points towards education in skill transferability.
I will get only 25 here (with clb9 in ielts all sections)
Is it right? :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Ok.. As I have understood from what you have suggested here... that if my Master degree ECA is equivalent to Canadian Bachelors 4 years, then it is because of the fact that my entire post secondary Education (it 3+2 = 5 years of B.Sc. and M.Sc. together) considered as only one credential (as per Canadian standards) and not that I have acquired two credentials post completions of my secondary education.

Because of this, I will not be able to get full 50 points towards education in skill transferability.
I will get only 25 here (with clb9 in ielts all sections)
Is it right? :)
Yes.

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
Asivad Anac said:
For CRS purposes, you already have the max work experience.

For FSWP eligibility, you will get 11 points on 100 point grid for Company 1. If Comapny 2 and Company 3 NOCs are the same, you can get those 11 points across these 2 jobs instead or even just with Company 2.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Hope that clarifies. All the best!
Hi Asivad,

I was just calculating my points using free CRS calculator and got confused again with the below question :-

How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

One final time, as per above does 'only one occupation' means 1 single NOC?

Regards,

VSG

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsgautam said:
Hi Asivad,

I was just calculating my points using free CRS calculator and got confused again with the below question :-

How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

One final time, as per above does 'only one occupation' means 1 single NOC?

Regards,

VSG
For CRS, NOC doesn't matter so you can add experience gained across multiple NOCs.

For FSWP program eligibility, you can add experience gained under a single NOC only.

This question pertains to program eligibility so it is referring to experience gained under 1 NOC in this case.

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
Thank you Asivad.

But this question is the CRS calculator which is scoring points out of 1200!

Does this calculator has a combination of eligibility and CRS questions?

Regards,

VSG

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsgautam said:
Thank you Asivad.

But this question is the CRS calculator which is scoring points out of 1200!

Does this calculator has a combination of eligibility and CRS questions?

Regards,

VSG
Probably that's how it is designed. I don't know the inner algorithm of the CRS calculator but I can confirm that CRS is NOC agnostic and FSWP 100 points grid is NOC specific.

kapeel

Jul 10, 2015
blood relation

can any one plz let me konw as my mom's brother is citizen of canada since 10 years will i get 5 points on the basis of blood relationship