25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Hello,
I am currently on a post grad work permit, and I applied on March 7th for a visitor visa through ottawa as my husband and I are going away in april. The issue is that when I applied the processing time was 20 days so I figured the visa would be back in time for us to go away. Processing time has gone up to 30 days now and with Easter coming up I am sure that the processing time will be longer. I emailed cic ottawa and told them about my situation, its been about 3 business days and no reply, called the call centre and they said they have no information on cic ottawa. Now I want to ask if anyone has been in this situation before and has emailed them and if it made a difference in their application. Is there an in person option for getting a visa or is there urgent processing? Our trip is for pleasure and i told them i can provide them with the tickets and marriage record (to support the honeymoon). Any suggestions?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ortom said:
Hello,
I am currently on a post grad work permit, and I applied on March 7th for a visitor visa through ottawa as my husband and I are going away in april. The issue is that when I applied the processing time was 20 days so I figured the visa would be back in time for us to go away. Processing time has gone up to 30 days now and with Easter coming up I am sure that the processing time will be longer. I emailed cic ottawa and told them about my situation, its been about 3 business days and no reply, called the call centre and they said they have no information on cic ottawa. Now I want to ask if anyone has been in this situation before and has emailed them and if it made a difference in their application. Is there an in person option for getting a visa or is there urgent processing? Our trip is for pleasure and i told them i can provide them with the tickets and marriage record (to support the honeymoon). Any suggestions?

It won't make a difference, as it is unlikely that Ottawa is going to sift through the applications to find yours and process it expeditiously. There is no in person, nor is there urgent processing. You will have to get a new TRV at an overseas office if your's is not processed in time.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Thanks for your reply, one question. How do I go about getting a TRV elsewhere if my passport is stuck with the ottawa office? Would they go through the stack of files to give me back my passport? Would I be able to get a visa in havana even if im not cuban?
I dont think I would take the risk to leave without the visa but its good to know just in case.

PMM said: