+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Visa Office change request after PPR

OhMyCanada!

Sep 1, 2015
Thanks One_Topsy,

You know your stuff.........even the websites you gave have everything......PA can land alone first if he/she wants OR can choose to go at one time and land with all accompanying dependents OR can leave the dependents briefly behind,then they can follow as long as their Visas are still valid.

Anybody out there who has a doubt about this?

Thanks again One_Topsy.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joining this thread.

Emailed today to change visa office from Ottawa to local.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhMyCanada! said:
Thanks One_Topsy,

You know your stuff.........even the websites you gave have everything......PA can land alone first if he/she wants OR can choose to go at one time and land with all accompanying dependents OR can leave the dependents briefly behind,then they can follow as long as their Visas are still valid.

Anybody out there who has a doubt about this?

Thanks again One_Topsy.
One_Topsy is right. Dependants can not land *before* PA, but there is no requirement for dependants to land at the same time as PA. they can follow later.

However, they (dependants) must land before expiry date on COPR/visa.

JulieAnn83

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
SINP-EE 08-06-2015
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2016
LANDED..........
08-03-2016
Hello Guys,

I just want to confirm if my understanding is correct. My situation is the reverse. The Canadian Embassy in the Philippines sent my PPR letter last Jan 7.
However, I'm currently in Canada for a vacation until March. It is ok to just proceed to send my passport in CPC-Ottawa?
I saw in the letter that this could be done if the applicant is currently in Canada.
I wrote an email already to the LVO asking for a confirmation whether I can proceed to send to Ottawa but haven't receive any response yet.

Thanks for any response.

NadsC

Nov 5, 2015
Optimisticlady said:
Just received PPR! Can I go ahead and submit my passport to the Ottawa Office since I am in Canada while I await instructions on how to submit my dependents passport to their local visa office?
Hey Guys

My boyfriend got PPR and he submitted the request for a change of visa office given myself and the kids are not in Canada. can anyone say if he can go ahead and submit his document without the request for the change of VO for us . His work permit has now expired so we eagerly await a response from CIC .

saahil88

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
Hi Guys, joining this thread. Can someone please let me know what is the estimated time taken by CPC Ottawa to change VO after PPR? I emailed them a week ago and no response. Also, I did not include my application number in the subject line but have included it in the body of the email. Should I send them another email in this case or just wait?

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
saahil88 said:
Hi Guys, joining this thread. Can someone please let me know what is the estimated time taken by CPC Ottawa to change VO after PPR? I emailed them a week ago and no response. Also, I did not include my application number in the subject line but have included it in the body of the email. Should I send them another email in this case or just wait?
Hi - How did you request for change in VO. Did you raise CSE or send any mail ??

saahil88

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
nrc1978 said:
Hi - How did you request for change in VO. Did you raise CSE or send any mail ??
I sent an email as was stated in my PPR. Sent another reminder email yesterday. I was looking at other threads and they usually take about 2 weeks to get back. Just sent a follow up email yesterday. Hoping to get it changed by end of next week

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
saahil88 said:
I sent an email as was stated in my PPR. Sent another reminder email yesterday. I was looking at other threads and they usually take about 2 weeks to get back. Just sent a follow up email yesterday. Hoping to get it changed by end of next week
All the best. I have seen in couple of thread where in candidates asking for change in VO via CSE. I am not sure about timelines.
Please let us know about the status.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
saahil88 said:

Hi SaahiL - Did the change in VO completed. How many days it took to change the VO??

saahil88

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
nrc1978 said:
Hi SaahiL - Did the change in VO completed. How many days it took to change the VO??
Hi nrc1978
VO change completed a few weeks ago. Took about 10 days. My timeline will have the accurate dates. I got my passport stamped already.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
saahil88 said:
Hi nrc1978
VO change completed a few weeks ago. Took about 10 days. My timeline will have the accurate dates. I got my passport stamped already.
Thanks Saahil88 for the information. I will be traveling this month end and plan to submit CSE informing the address change. If by the time i get my PPR if new address is not reflected then will send out mail (as you did) asking for VO change and then will submit passport accordingly.
Is there any specific format you sent out e-mail to them on VO change??

Thanks and All the best

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Guys ,

I am joining this thread ... I requested for VO change on 22-fEB-2016 .
Sent remainder emails and CSE .So far 10 days gone , no reply from Ottawa .. Also sent email to local VO , they said they have contacted Ottawa for the same and waiting for their reply .

Very scared and fearing

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
sraj07 said:
Hi Guys ,

Sent remainder emails and CSE .So far 10 days gone , no reply from Ottawa .. Also sent email to local VO , they said they have contacted Ottawa for the same and waiting for their reply .

Very scared and fearing
Hiya. Any response from CIC so far? Please let us know. Many people are in the same boat. Thanks.

momo123

Oct 21, 2015
Hi ,
Did you receive visa office change Email .I sent a request to change visa office for my spouse to India on 23 feb still no response .
I already received my Copr but cannot finish my landing as per the letter attach with copr till dependent visa not issued .

sraj07 said:
Hi Guys ,

Very scared and fearing