+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT : Updated family information anf Form IMM8

Curious_1

Apr 29, 2011
I wish someone on this forum can URGENTLY help me, please.

I started processing the sponsorship of my pregnant spouse in February 2012. About 3 months later, my wife gave birth to our child; I called and informed the CIC of this. I was advised to put in a supplementary, "ADD ON" application for the child, which I did and paid the relevant fees. A few months later the CIC informed me that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my spouse's Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. I called the CIC which confirmed to me that my child’s application has been merged with that of the mother (my spouse) and both were indeed forwarded to the visa office abroad. The visa office later sent us e-mails, requesting from me and my spouse further information and documents, which we obliged.

A few days ago, the visa office sent a new e-mail to my spouse (which they copied to me too) to inform her, in these words: “Your Immigrant Visa(s) appear ready to be issued, if there has been no change in your famiy configuration. If there have been any changes, please contact our office before proceeding” In the same e-mail, she’s requested to submit, within 30 days from the date of the e-mail, her passport(s) and documentation, two (2) passport photos for each family member.

Where my spouse and I are confused in the same e-mail and where we URGENTLY need advice on this forum is this other request which states: “Updated family information: You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form …” Now, here are my questions:
1) Updated family information: In the previous form IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada) that my spouse filled, she did not include any dependant because she was still pregnant then but after the birth of our child, we have updated our information with necessary documents including a separate Form IMM 0008DEP (Additional Dependants / Declaration Form) was completed and the CIC has confirmed that the child has been included in the overall application processing. My question now is, should my spouse complete a new form IMM 0008 (generic, I suppose) and complete too the “dependant(s)” section to include the details of our child?

2) Form IMM8: I’ve looked on the CIC website, I can only find forms IMM 0008, IMM 0008DEP and IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 8 but not IMM8. Can someone please give me a link to the Form IMM8, for download?

I am sorry for my long story but I need to state the situation as precisely as possible, in view of the short time before us to respond to the visa office. This is a long weekend and CIC offices are closed (even when they are open, they’ve stated that they can not answer to questions or requirements emanating from visa offices abroad)

I thank everyone in advance

Nasser019

Apr 3, 2013
Yes, you are right there is no IMM8 form.
They provide a link " cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf" that is not shown and says "404 We couldn't find that web page"
They provide me a mail stating that
"a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your child be added to your application.
an IMM8 application form and Family Information Form filled in for the child". What that mean?

I'm also same position like you. After that what you did inform us..

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
23-05-2012 (Medical Examination, sent 01-06-2012); 04-04-2013 (updated information/documents)
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
I believe IMM8 and IMM0008 are the same, but since they change the name from time to time (including links), sometimes they forget to update the email/letter messages which are standard

I would send a new form with all family members (including de the baby) and a letter explaining what forms I already sent (if you have the receipt for the baby's fee, I would add a copy) and asking them to update the application / disregard if already updated

Shouldn't they ask for the baby's photos and passport too? Or is the baby on the mother's passport?

Just send whatever you have in the time frame they provided and they will contact you if they want anything else

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Curious_1 said:
I wish someone on this forum can URGENTLY help me, please.

I started processing the sponsorship of my pregnant spouse in February 2012. About 3 months later, my wife gave birth to our child; I called and informed the CIC of this. I was advised to put in a supplementary, "ADD ON" application for the child, which I did and paid the relevant fees. A few months later the CIC informed me that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my spouse's Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. I called the CIC which confirmed to me that my child's application has been merged with that of the mother (my spouse) and both were indeed forwarded to the visa office abroad. The visa office later sent us e-mails, requesting from me and my spouse further information and documents, which we obliged.

A few days ago, the visa office sent a new e-mail to my spouse (which they copied to me too) to inform her, in these words: “Your Immigrant Visa(s) appear ready to be issued, if there has been no change in your famiy configuration. If there have been any changes, please contact our office before proceeding” In the same e-mail, she's requested to submit, within 30 days from the date of the e-mail, her passport(s) and documentation, two (2) passport photos for each family member.

Where my spouse and I are confused in the same e-mail and where we URGENTLY need advice on this forum is this other request which states: “Updated family information: You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form ...” Now, here are my questions:
1) Updated family information: In the previous form IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada) that my spouse filled, she did not include any dependant because she was still pregnant then but after the birth of our child, we have updated our information with necessary documents including a separate Form IMM 0008DEP (Additional Dependants / Declaration Form) was completed and the CIC has confirmed that the child has been included in the overall application processing. My question now is, should my spouse complete a new form IMM 0008 (generic, I suppose) and complete too the “dependant(s)” section to include the details of our child?

2) Form IMM8: I've looked on the CIC website, I can only find forms IMM 0008, IMM 0008DEP and IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 8 but not IMM8. Can someone please give me a link to the Form IMM8, for download?

I am sorry for my long story but I need to state the situation as precisely as possible, in view of the short time before us to respond to the visa office. This is a long weekend and CIC offices are closed (even when they are open, they've stated that they can not answer to questions or requirements emanating from visa offices abroad)

I thank everyone in advance
i will tell you something what i know. but you should find it out somewhere else too.
my husband is a canadian. and we applied for my permanent resident visa. i also was pregnant & we waited till my baby born to apply. but after of all the cic has told my husband that we don't need to apply my baby in my application & we have to apply for the citizenship for the baby & they have sent the forms for the citizenship too. we applied separately for my baby's citizenship as his father is a citizen in canada. now my baby got the citizenship after 1 1/2 years after applied and also now he is a canadian citizen & we got his canadian passport too. but still i didn't get my permanent resident visa.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
gango girl said:
i will tell you something what i know. but you should find it out somewhere else too.
my husband is a canadian. and we applied for my permanent resident visa. i also was pregnant & we waited till my baby born to apply. but after of all the cic has told my husband that we don't need to apply my baby in my application & we have to apply for the citizenship for the baby & they have sent the forms for the citizenship too. we applied separately for my baby's citizenship as his father is a citizen in canada. now my baby got the citizenship after 1 1/2 years after applied and also now he is a canadian citizen & we got his canadian passport too. but still i didn't get my permanent resident visa.
and also i will find out & let you know about your forms as i also had some confusions about those forms & however i settled them .

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
sory for the delay
i just checked about IMM8. they have asked me too. i checked checked checked, but couldn't find it out. they have removed that form their application set. so, after i couldn't find it out from their site , i went to the immigration hear(cic office in my country). then they told me its removed from the list & changed. so, i advise you to call your cic office & check. but I want to tell you when my husband call cic in canada, they have told that they would send the application over the email twice. but they dint send anything. then only i went office in my country. they told its no need & its removed from the applications. so, better call & see.

Curious_1

Apr 29, 2011
I have called the CIC and told them of this situation. There's more confusion because the CIC person I spoke with said he doesn't know of form IMM8 but only of IMM0008! He again confirmed that my child's application with the necessary fees has been received and merged with that of the mother and both were sent to the VO abroad for processing. What we did at this juncture, to avoid further delay (we have 30 days to respond) was that my wife filled a new form IMM008 and updated it with the family's information (including our child's) and sent it with other requirements listed in the last email we received. We are now awaiting the response.

Thank you all for your contributions.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Curious_1 said:
I have called the CIC and told them of this situation. There's more confusion because the CIC person I spoke with said he doesn't know of form IMM8 but only of IMM0008! He again confirmed that my child's application with the necessary fees has been received and merged with that of the mother and both were sent to the VO abroad for processing. What we did at this juncture, to avoid further delay (we have 30 days to respond) was that my wife filled a new form IMM008 and updated it with the family's information (including our child's) and sent it with other requirements listed in the last email we received. We are now awaiting the response.

IMM8 is IMM0008, same thing. In that first email, "You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition", they meant any changes you hadn't told them about, such as another child or a change in your relationship (separation or divorce). So you didn't need to send in another IMM0008 but it won't affect anything. As long as you sent the passport and everything else requested, you'll have the visas soon :)

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Curious_1 said:

if you have a dependent child you should apply for him ih your wife's application. if not and your child is your own, he/she can be a canadian citizen as well. so, if baby's mother or the father is a canadian citizen, you have to apply for the citizenship for him/her. becareful ... if you show that baby is yours, after of all they ask you to prove your biological status. you all have to face for a DNA test.
IMM8 is removed from the application set.
do what is right. send them on time or before the date they have asked to. its defficult i know that. but i did everything along with my small baby.
good luck ...

Nasser019

Apr 3, 2013
They send me a mail like below:

You will be required to submit the following documents in order to add your child to your application:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your child be added to your application
- processing fee for the child (if accompanying you to Canada)
- an IMM8 application form and Family Information Form filled in for the child
- updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse
- notarized copy of the child’s birth certificate
- copy of your child’s valid passport
- two recent passport-size photographs of your child according to the specifications
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/singapourx.asp)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at: cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf and cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf and cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF.

Passport-sized photographs must meet these specifications: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp.

Information about the fees that must be paid can be found here:
canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/fees-frais.aspx

Your child will need to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form and instructions after receiving the documents listed above. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependants must undergo medical examinations.

We trust that this information will assist you in adding your child to your application for permanent residence in Canada .

You may find information about our processing times at this link: canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/processing_times-durees_traitement.aspx. Please note that, if your file is being treated within the time frames listed on the website, we will be unable to respond further to your query.

We will contact you if there is any further information we require.

Thank you.

Now my question's are that -
01. How I produce a letter explaining how my family composition has changed and requesting that my child be added to my application?
02. during the Last correspondence I sent my newly born baby's passport including us to the Visa office! But now they want the photocopy? And another attachment document they want the baby's original Passport!
03. I informed them by writing during the previous correspondence before the last one while they asked me to inform them updated my status and undergo a medical examination. They could told me while they asked our original Passports?

Any one can explain those question?

Thanks

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Nasser019 said:
They send me a mail like below:

You will be required to submit the following documents in order to add your child to your application:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your child be added to your application
- processing fee for the child (if accompanying you to Canada)
- an IMM8 application form and Family Information Form filled in for the child
- updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse
- notarized copy of the child's birth certificate
- copy of your child's valid passport
- two recent passport-size photographs of your child according to the specifications
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/singapourx.asp)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at: cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf and cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf and cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF.

Passport-sized photographs must meet these specifications: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp.

Information about the fees that must be paid can be found here:
canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/fees-frais.aspx

Now my question's are that -
01. How I produce a letter explaining how my family composition has changed and requesting that my child be added to my application?
02. during the Last correspondence I sent my newly born baby's passport including us to the Visa office! But now they want the photocopy? And another attachment document they want the baby's original Passport!
03. I informed them by writing during the previous correspondence before the last one while they asked me to inform them updated my status and undergo a medical examination. They could told me while they asked our original Passports?

Any one can explain those question?

Thanks
* you have to explain about your new child in a letter from you to cic office. you may write the headline "explaining how my family composition has changed with my child ". and you should write that your wife was pregnant in the time you were applying for your wife's permanent resident.(if its so). and now the child is born & need to include his\ her details to process with your wife's visa.
* they ask only the baby's passport copy & if you have already sent the baby's original passport with the application, you mention that in another letter & if you have a copy of your baby's passport, send that too with them.
* you may have to undergo a DNA test.
*** you better submit some pictures when your wife pregnant, the baby with you & your wife when he\she born
this is according to my knowledge
do the best thing.
they will definitely ask for a DNA test.(when they ask the DNA test for you & for your baby, you do it for your wife too. we also did the same)

Nasser019

Apr 3, 2013
But I think I don't need to send DNA test. Because my first child didn't need that test. Birth Certificate is the main Document that that kids are mine.
Any way many many thanks gango girl for other suggestions.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Nasser019 said:
But I think I don't need to send DNA test. Because my first child didn't need that test. Birth Certificate is the main Document that that kids are mine.
Any way many many thanks gango girl for other suggestions.

u are very welcome any time for a help

Curious_1

Apr 29, 2011
Hello all,

Finally, we got it! The DHL delivered to my spouse yesterday the much awaited package with the passports endorsed with the immigrant visa, immigration documents to be presented on landing and most of the documentations, including photos we submitted for the processing. The wait is now over!

I thank everyone that contributed to my questions and inquiries, you all gave good advice and lead. I wish those of you that are still waiting will receive positive responses too.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Curious_1 said:
Hello all,

Finally, we got it! The DHL delivered to my spouse yesterday the much awaited package with the passports endorsed with the immigrant visa, immigration documents to be presented on landing and most of the documentations, including photos we submitted for the processing. The wait is now over!

I thank everyone that contributed to my questions and inquiries, you all gave good advice and lead. I wish those of you that are still waiting will receive positive responses too.

Good Luck & God Bless......