+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent TRV needed for conference, timeframes(Sydney) and experience on urgent request?

Jan 31, 2018
Hi,

I just submitted my visitor visa application today. My biggest concern (aside from possibly getting denied) is the turnaround time. I've just been informed by my employer two days ago that they will send me to a conference in Toronto on the 22nd and 23rd of Feb.

The key issue here is at the moment their estimated processing time is 16 days plus delivery time of passport.

As you can see if 16 days plus est a week for passport delivery would be way past the conference dates already. I'd like to ask
  1. Have you had an 'urgent' request for TRV, if so, what did you do?
  2. Can you share your timeframe for TRV in Sydney, from application submission to receiving passport with visa?
  3. In addition, has anyone here have had a visa denied even when workplace was sponsoring the trip?
TIA!

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Hi,

I just submitted my visitor visa application today. My biggest concern (aside from possibly getting denied) is the turnaround time. I've just been informed by my employer two days ago that they will send me to a conference in Toronto on the 22nd and 23rd of Feb.

The key issue here is at the moment their estimated processing time is 16 days plus delivery time of passport.

As you can see if 16 days plus est a week for passport delivery would be way past the conference dates already. I'd like to ask
  1. Have you had an 'urgent' request for TRV, if so, what did you do?
  2. Can you share your timeframe for TRV in Sydney, from application submission to receiving passport with visa?
  3. In addition, has anyone here have had a visa denied even when workplace was sponsoring the trip?
TIA!
Well, there is no specific timings for TRV processing especially when your application will be in Background Checks. Hope for the best and Good luck.

Jan 31, 2018
Well, there is no specific timings for TRV processing especially when your application will be in Background Checks. Hope for the best and Good luck.
Hi thanks for your response! Currently the Background Check section says 'Not Applicable'. From what you've seen, will that still be changed or does that mean it won't be in Background Check?

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Hi thanks for your response! Currently the Background Check section says 'Not Applicable'. From what you've seen, will that still be changed or does that mean it won't be in Background Check?
This is a wild guess but you need to wait very patiently. Let the processing time completes and then you will be able to analyse the situation of your application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Have you had an 'urgent' request for TRV, if so, what did you do?
Unfortunately, IRCC does not consider travel dates/events that applicants need to attend for processing TRVs. Also, there is no priority processing service for TRVs.

Can you share your timeframe for TRV in Sydney, from application submission to receiving passport with visa?
Processing times posted on the IRCC website are only estimates. Actual processing can take longer.

In addition, has anyone here have had a visa denied even when workplace was sponsoring the trip?
It's not possible to answer this. There are a number of factors, documents, etc which affect a visa approvals/refusals

Jan 31, 2018
Just an update to anyone applying from Sydney
Jan 31 afternoon - lodged application online
Feb 9 - Passport request (it was Friday past 4pm so I couldn't bring my passport asap)
Feb 12 - brought passport to CVAC, first thing in the morning, was there 3 minutes before they even opened requested 'urgent' on processing which they wrote on top of my passport packet
Feb 13 - got call my passport is ready for pickup and collected by 3pm-ish :)

Such good timing as I'm flying on the 18th!

I opted for the pickup as I couldn't risk going through the delivery period of courier which could be an additional 3 days.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Feb 9 - Passport request (it was Friday past 4pm so I couldn't bring my passport asap)
Feb 12 - brought passport to CVAC, first thing in the morning, was there 3 minutes before they even opened requested 'urgent' on processing which they wrote on top of my passport packet

I opted for the pickup as I couldn't risk going through the delivery period of courier which could be an additional 3 days.
Perfect... and perfectly in time :)

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017

Great and Congratulations :)

vrk1990

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017

Hi,

How many years did they issue for you

Thanks

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hey there congrats could you please tell what do you mean by requesting “urgent” coz my TRV application is being processed at Sydney office from last 9 months now ?
I would like to know how did you request urgent processing thing ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey bryanna could you explain me this “urgent request” thing ? I’m really confused.... coz there’s no such urgent request thing....
You're right. There's no urgent processing even if an applicant requests it. The visa office will process applications in whatever time time it takes for processing