+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Trouble with reference letter

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hello,

I have been in contact with Reliance Industries (India) I worked with for a year. Today they finally told me that they cannot give me a reference letter in the customized format I need to submit for EE application because it is against the company norms. They told me they can only provide their own standard letter which will show that I worked there from this-to-this date and my job title (Engineering Trainee).

They cannot write the number of hours per week, my salary per annum and my responsibilities. I have used this job experience for my CRS points. Now I understand the letter they are providing is trash and my application will be rejected on that basis.

Could somebody suggest some workarounds, had anyone successfully dealt with similar situation? Anyone here from Reliance refinery division who had similar problem?

Thank you!

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People who couldn't get the reference letter, asked their manager or colleague to sign.
Search forum with keyword reference letter and you will find tons of scenarios.

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I found some threads with similar issues and all mentioned the same solution as you say. I am going to ask my supervisor to sign on the letter that CIC needs and going to submit that along with the standard letter that company provides. I need to understand about notarization, would my supervisor have to sign on the letter printed on Rs 10 stamp page or I can get his signature on any A4 page and then get it notarized?

Though since my supervisor is in India and I am in Canada, all this is going to be difficult.

Any help is appreciated.

pratikldce

Apr 19, 2017
Hi,I have same problem.Could you provide your mail ID so we will discuss matter in detail.My mail ID is PRATIK _LDCE@YAHOO.CO.IN

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the same issue with my previous employer (Infosys)- so i asked one of my colleague from previous company to write my job duties on a plain paper, and i got it notarized. i also attach an ID proof (passport) of my colleague from previous company with his signature on the ID proof.

I had also attached a mail from my previous employer that they dont provide any reference letter which have job duties mentioned on it. If you have any such communication, do attach it in Letter of Explanation

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Ayam93 said:
I had the same issue with my previous employer (Infosys)- so i asked one of my colleague from previous company to write my job duties on a plain paper, and i got it notarized. i also attach an ID proof (passport) of my colleague from previous company with his signature on the ID proof.

I had also attached a mail from my previous employer that they dont provide any reference letter which have job duties mentioned on it. If you have any such communication, do attach it in Letter of Explanation
Which format you used?

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Ayam93 said:
You mean format for the reference letter i took from my colleague ?
correct. Actually I am in EE pool and meanwhile thinking to collect all tbe references letters.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syconetgeek said:
correct. Actually I am in EE pool and meanwhile thinking to collect all tbe references letters.
Below is the exact letter i took from him, just replace the XX with appropriate data:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I, XX, am currently employed with XX as a Technology Lead. I was in continuous employment of XX from XX to XX as Technology Lead.
I have known XX since XX when we were assigned to work together. I have had the opportunity to work with XX in multiple projects during our overlapping tenure at XX.
XX was working with XX as a Systems Engineer from XX to XX on full-time permanent basis (40 hours per week) and was working under my supervision. During his tenure, he has undertaken various tasks and has successfully completed them. His conduct has been good during his tenure.
Based on my close association with XX, I can certify that he has demonstrated excellent knowledge and proficiency in:
- XX (Put job roles here)
- XX
During my tenure at XX, XX was involved in building the XX software system for XX. He was involved deeply into design, development, documentation and unit testing of this application and its various modules. He was also involved in the installation and support post release of the application.
XX is hard working, has excellent work ethics and is very pleasant and personable. I wish him good luck.

Sincerely,

Hope this helps

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Ayam93 said:
Below is the exact letter i took from him, just replace the XX with appropriate data:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I, XX, am currently employed with XX as a Technology Lead. I was in continuous employment of XX from XX to XX as Technology Lead.
I have known XX since XX when we were assigned to work together. I have had the opportunity to work with XX in multiple projects during our overlapping tenure at XX.
XX was working with XX as a Systems Engineer from XX to XX on full-time permanent basis (40 hours per week) and was working under my supervision. During his tenure, he has undertaken various tasks and has successfully completed them. His conduct has been good during his tenure.
Based on my close association with XX, I can certify that he has demonstrated excellent knowledge and proficiency in:
- XX (Put job roles here)
- XX
During my tenure at XX, XX was involved in building the XX software system for XX. He was involved deeply into design, development, documentation and unit testing of this application and its various modules. He was also involved in the installation and support post release of the application.
XX is hard working, has excellent work ethics and is very pleasant and personable. I wish him good luck.

Sincerely,

Hope this helps
Thanks. Sonwe don't have to put our yearly package in it?

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syconetgeek said:
Thanks. Sonwe don't have to put our yearly package in it?
No. Thought CIC is not worried about your package as long as you was getting salary but i would say that if you have an offer letter or salary slips for your previous job then that would be very helpful. I had both in my case and i did mentioned in Letter of Explanation that i am attaching my offer letter from previous employer and salary slips as supporting documents.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Ayam93 said:
No. Thought CIC is not worried about your package as long as you was getting salary but i would say that if you have an offer letter or salary slips for your previous job then that would be very helpful. I had both in my case and i did mentioned in Letter of Explanation that i am attaching my offer letter from previous employer and salary slips as supporting documents.
Thanks for helping.