+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Travel to Georgia Through Poland with Refugee Travel Document

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Please help. I am trying to go to Georgia to see my family with a transfer flight from Poland Warsaw with Refugee Travel Document.

Has anybody travelled through Poland without PR with a Refugee Travel Document? I have to buy a ticket in 24 hours.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Please help. I am trying to go to Georgia to see my family with a transfer flight from Poland Warsaw with Refugee Travel Document.

Has anybody travelled through Poland without PR with a Refugee Travel Document? I have to buy a ticket in 24 hours.

Thanks a lot in advance.
You need Poland transit visa.
Make your transit through Germany only

ref19to22

May 18, 2022

Thanks a lot in advance.
I would call the Polish embassy in the morning to confirm this

Reactions: pamela21

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
You need Poland transit visa.
Make your transit through Germany only
Please ensure about the information you gave people. Because your information is wrong.

Here is the answer from the Poland consulate in Toronto regarding the transit visa :

Hello,
You may enquire about the separate airline regulations, but as a rule those individuals who have travel documents issued in Canada do not need a visa while transiting through Poland on condition that they stay in the transit area of the Polish international airport.
Regards,

Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Toronto

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Please ensure about the information you gave people. Because your information is wrong.

Here is the answer from the Poland consulate in Toronto regarding the transit visa :

Hello,
You may enquire about the separate airline regulations, but as a rule those individuals who have travel documents issued in Canada do not need a visa while transiting through Poland on condition that they stay in the transit area of the Polish international airport.
Regards,

Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Toronto
Thanks for your reply.
I am not giving false information.
Please read the embassy reply I got.

The question was about RTD without PR and I respond on question based on my experience. And I always advised everyone to check with embassy before travel date as regulations change frequently.
‐--------------------------------

Hello,

If you do not have Canadian PR card, you need a transit visa

Please note that the visa application must be submitted to the consulate whose consular district covers the place of permanent residence.

Regards,
Consular Unit at the Embassy of the Republic of Poland

Last edited: