+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT, Study Permit Refusal

Negar_89

Aug 10, 2016
I received an email regarding my visa refusal yesterday, the reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- travel history
- immigration status in country of residence
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- purpose of visit
- current employment situation
- personal assets and financial status

My profile:

Girl - Iranian nationality - 27 years old and single - working and living in Malaysia since 5 years (2 years full-time experience) - holding an MBA (graduated in 2015) - 38K in my own account (the course fee is roughly 16K - applied for one year course (certificate) in BCIT

I applied for the CAIPS notes yesterday, waiting for it.

But I would like to know, is there any chance to reapply again and get accepted? And please tell me, when is the earliest time to apply for April 2018? can I apply in Aug? I am scared to get rejected for the second time also.

Please reply

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- travel history
- purpose of visit

My profile:

Girl - Iranian nationality - 27 years old and single - working and living in Malaysia since 5 years (2 years full-time experience) - holding an MBA (graduated in 2015) - 38K in my own account (the course fee is roughly 16K - applied for one year course (certificate) in BCIT

But I would like to know, is there any chance to reapply again and get accepted? And please tell me, when is the earliest time to apply for April 2018? can I apply in Aug? I am scared to get rejected for the second time also.

Please reply
1. It will be an uphill battle.
2. Your status in Malaysia is probably tenuous.
3. Applying for a certificate course while you already hold an MBA.
4. How many of your family are in Canada.

Negar_89

Aug 10, 2016
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I am living in Malaysia with a work permit, and I just have one cousin (whom I dont have any relationship with) there in Canada.
I was thinking maybe it's better to get an admission for PhD or second master, as the chances of getting accepted may increase and once I reach there, I change the Institute to BCIT, cause I am willing to study only for the course I applied before. Would it be any good?

I am really so frustrated, I know adding a refusal application to your file is not good at all (even for applying to another country except Canada)

Please advise

Abu_Sidiz

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Thanks for the reply, I am living in Malaysia with a work permit, and I just have one cousin (whom I dont have any relationship with) there in Canada.
I was thinking maybe it's better to get an admission for PhD or second master, as the chances of getting accepted may increase and once I reach there, I change the Institute to BCIT, cause I am willing to study only for the course I applied before. Would it be any good?

I am really so frustrated, I know adding a refusal application to your file is not good at all (even for applying to another country except Canada)

Please advise
Have you mentioned about your cousin (Who living in Canada) in ur profile ?...I read in forum and website that we should not mention about that...it will end up in visa rejection... But i'm not 100% sure whether its true or myth.

Negar_89

Aug 10, 2016
Have you mentioned about your cousin (Who living in Canada) in ur profile ?...I read in forum and website that we should not mention about that...it will end up in visa rejection... But i'm not 100% sure whether its true or myth.
No, i did not mention anything about it, it was not even asked!

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Your circumstances make a strong case of an immigrant rather than a student visa holder (or use the study permit as a mean to stay in Canada permanently). Remember the fundamental of student visa, you MUST leave Canada by the end of your studies, and you MUST show and demonstrate that you will go back to your home country. Otherwise, you're just another person using student visa to stay in Canada forever (which is not accepted by the student visa regulations) and for these obvious reasons your application was rejected.

First and foremost, you do not live in your home country and also you're on a temporary work-permit in another country (yet applying temporary permit in Canada), that's the biggest red flag for the CIC officer. It's always advised -even by the Canadian Embassy itself- to apply while resides in home country. In a plain talk, you must show to the CIC that you have strong ties to Iran and that you have something to go back to there. The fact that you're staying in Malaysia for a long period, If you are already in another country, this tells the CIC officer that you don't have ties in Iran at all.

Second, you already hold an MBA, which is highly regarded by employers in Canada (if you get what I mean). An MBA holder esp from a highly ranked school, have strong chance to find a reputable job and settle in Canada after. There isn't anything higher than MBA in terms of employability (not even PhD). You should have explained to the CIC the purpose of your studies (Mostly, how would your new studies in Canada will help you in your future goals beside your MBA)? and why are you pursuing 'extra' studies if you already hold a highly regarded degree. All these questions must be answered and clearly communicated to the Canadian Embassy.

Third, if you already mentioned that you have family relatives in Canada, then, here we go! Another TRV who is -clearly- looking for settlement in
Canada with the help of their relatives there. I am JUST telling you that your case is very obvious and I can clearly see the rejection.

You must be very clear in your intention with the CIC officers. Tell them everything. There is nothing wrong with having dual intention. That is. studying and pursuing immigration after. But you must indicate that within your application. Otherwise, you make a strong case for permanent resident, and therefore, every time you apply for temporary visa (even as a visitor) your application will be refused.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matibrahim_86

Negar_89

Aug 10, 2016
Your circumstances make a strong case of an immigrant rather than a student visa holder (or use the study permit as a mean to stay in Canada permanently). Remember the fundamental of student visa, you MUST leave Canada by the end of your studies, and you MUST show and demonstrate that you will go back to your home country. Otherwise, you're just another person using student visa to stay in Canada forever (which is not accepted by the student visa regulations).

First and foremost, you do not live in your home country and also you're on a temporary work-permit in another country (yet applying temporary permit in Canada), that's the biggest red flag for the CIC officer. It's always advised -even by the Canadian Embassy itself- to apply while resides in home country. In a plain talk, you must show to the CIC that you have strong ties to Iran and that you have something to go back to there. The fact that you're staying in Malaysia for a long period, If you are already in another country, this tells the CIC officer that you don't have ties in Iran at all.

Second, you already hold an MBA, which is highly regarded by employers in Canada (if you get what I mean). An MBA holder esp from a highly ranked school, have strong chance to find a reputable job and settle in Canada after. There isn't anything higher than MBA in terms of employability (not even PhD). You should have explained to the CIC the purpose of your studies (Mostly, how would your new studies in Canada will help you in your future goals beside your MBA)? and why are you pursuing 'extra' studies if you already hold a highly regarded degree. All these questions must be answered and clearly communicated to the Canadian Embassy.

Third, if you already mentioned that you have family relatives in Canada, then, here we go! Another TRV who is -clearly- looking for settlement in
Canada with the help of their relatives there. I am JUST telling you that your case is very obvious and I can clearly see the rejection.

You must be very clear in your intention with the CIC officers. Tell them everything. There is nothing wrong with having dual intention. That is. studying and pursuing immigration after. But you must indicate that within your application. Otherwise, you make a strong case for permanent resident, and therefore, every time you apply for temporary visa (even as a visitor) your application will be refused.
Thanks a lot for the piece of advice, yes I realized myself that I submitted the application so fast, without any research previously and I admit that my SOP was not a letter to prove my intention to return back - not strong at all, considering that I do not have any tie to my home country and that is the truth :( so I just wasted this application.

But I really do wish to get accepted in Canada as soon as possible, I believe I will reapply after I receive the CAIPS notes with a lawyer but seems there is no chance to be approved, as I am not able to leave my current career to go back to Iran to apply, in that case even the office will realize that I just relocated for the purpose of getting this permit :( I'm really fed up with this situation!

rishabhdev

Jul 25, 2017
Hi... my case is very much similar to yours. I also got rejected. Did you get anything on this. Can you mention how to get CAIPS notes when I am outside of Canada. Please help me if you will get success. Can you help me how to get CAIGood luck

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017

- travel history
- purpose of visit

My profile:

Please reply
Hi

the problem might be your study plan, Make sure you write your study plan well

Negar_89

Aug 10, 2016
Hi... my case is very much similar to yours. I also got rejected. Did you get anything on this. Can you mention how to get CAIPS notes when I am outside of Canada. Please help me if you will get success. Can you help me how to get CAIGood luck
Sorry to hear about your case, I am waiting for the CAIPS notes, when I receive it then I will decide whether I reapply or not, in fact, I will see if mentioned reasons can be covered. I have discussed with a lawyer as well, she said the officer chose too many reasons to refuse you, these cases are difficult to get accepted at the second attempt also. She believes the main reason for the refusal was me living in another country with temporary visa (which can not be changed), so I assume that most probably my application will be refused for the second time again. Let's wait for the CAIPS to see what can be done :(

I applied at: https://www.caips.ca/

Negar_89

Aug 10, 2016
Why not try to get express entry/skilled worker? You seem to be young and have a good education.
Honestly, I didn't want to wait too long, I believed going for a study permit is the fastest and easiest way which seems that I was mistaken.