+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent !!! Should I wait or apply ?

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have now completed 3 years of presence in Canada.. ( 2 years on work-permit = 1 year for citizenship + 2 years on PR ). should I apply or just wait another year when I complete my full 3 years on PR ?!

Man.ius

Aug 15, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have now completed 3 years of presence in Canada.. ( 2 years on work-permit = 1 year for citizenship + 2 years on PR ). should I apply or just wait another year when I complete my full 3 years on PR ?!
Even though you know that half of your presence before PR is calculated, you still doubt it?:)
If the whole time you calculated from the applying date to the first date you calculated as a work permit* holder and PR holder does not exceed five years, then two years before PR(=1 year) and two years after PR would be enough. Presence must be at least 1095 days. Do not forget to deduct days of absence due to travel.
* Study Permit/Visitor

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

Use this Physical Presence tool to estimate when will you complete 1095 + (2 weeks buffer days) in Canada
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

I was on WP for 2 years and then I required another 2 years to apply for Citizenship. I did have business travels outside of Canada which the tool helped calculate my time in Canada

This physical presence tool does help in estimating your physical presence