+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent request: Has anyone else had issues with PGP application "RETURNED"

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Dear forum experts and friends,

Has anyone else been on the same boat regarding returned status of PGP application?

1. Dec 22, 2022 we received email confirmation that the PGP 2022 application was submitted successfully. The email sent says "(...PR application) - Your Permanent Residence application has been successfully submitted..."

2. On Feb 13, 2023 the system generated email led us to see application as "Returned".

3. Upon receiving the update, and immediately logging onto the system, we now see that IMM 5406, IMM 5476 changed to incomplete and unable to edit the form. HOwever the 5476 or the consent form, the form is downloadable still, and we can see clearly it was filled out and all parts signed. We had already filled both of these forms out back in Dec 22.

In the automatic email confirmation of submission from Dec 22, when we submitted the forms, it says "We’ll review your application to make sure you: provided all of the information we asked for, uploaded all required documents correctly...we’ll send you a confirmation email...once an agent has confirmed your application is complete." However, between the submission date of Dec 22 till Feb 13, there has been no email requesting any of the aforementioned points.

Please help! Thank you very much in advance.

Reactions: hm.solaiman

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Hello, I did submit my application on Dec 12 and on Jan 11 I got email from IRCC that my application is incomplete. They were asking for IMM 5406 -additional family information to submit. They issued a letter and I was able to email the document to the Email address where they asked me to send the email. However, I have not got any confirmation yet, whether they received my email or not.

I would recommend you, not to delay and call them immediately if you are a valid representative. I myself not sure, why they did not notify before returning your application.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello, I did submit my application on Dec 12 and on Jan 11 I got email from IRCC that my application is incomplete. They were asking for IMM 5406 -additional family information to submit. They issued a letter and I was able to email the document to the Email address where they asked me to send the email. However, I have not got any confirmation yet, whether they received my email or not.

I would recommend you, not to delay and call them immediately if you are a valid representative. I myself not sure, why they did not notify before returning your application.
Thank you for your response. Did they email you or send you a regular physical letter? We have not received anything, I tried to raise a webform query to reach them, but both call center and webform requires an application ID number. Did we have an application ID number anywhere when submitting the application?

Thanks

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Update: They sent the letter to the father's in box, which frankly he does not check often. I am surprised they did not send it to the sponsor's or the representative's email. My dad doesnt always check his inbox. All this stress and upset, lesson learned. Approach everything with calm and composure. lol!

Kushal148

Mar 18, 2019
Hi, I am in the situtaion as you.

They asked me to re-submit imm 5476 for both sponsor and principal applicant using webform. I checked the forms multiple times and I think I have filled all the required information, so I am not sure why they came up as "incomplete" and application was returned.

@wizardofwest90210 I think you had the same situation, so I just wanted to know what/which changes you made? Does this form needs to be hand-signed?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022

They asked me to re-submit imm 5476 for both sponsor and principal applicant using webform. I checked the forms multiple times and I think I have filled all the required information, so I am not sure why they came up as "incomplete" and application was returned.

@wizardofwest90210 I think you had the same situation, so I just wanted to know what/which changes you made?

Thanks in advance
I just followed instructions of letter, irrespective of what I think I did. My letter asked us to fill it out correctly and we did that. Id suggest follow the letter and fill the form to the T, clearly, sign and date the forms where it asks you as per their instructions given.

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019

@wizardofwest90210 I think you had the same situation, so I just wanted to know what/which changes you made? Does this form needs to be hand-signed?

Thanks in advance
Hei, Dont worry about it. I was also asked to resubmit the additional family information form, though I submitted them during main application. If they ask for any document, you must have to re-submit within deadline.

AlbUniStudent2020

Sep 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the petition to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. I already received the support from the Member of Parliament, and now the petition needs to collect 500 signatures to be presented at the House of Commons.

I would be very grateful if you could sign it and share with your friends and on socials.

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Thank you for your response. Did they email you or send you a regular physical letter? We have not received anything, I tried to raise a webform query to reach them, but both call center and webform requires an application ID number. Did we have an application ID number anywhere when submitting the application?

Thanks

I have not got any application number. However I got refund for biometric fees. my parents have already supervisa and biometric was done at that time. So, IRCC sent me an email where they wrote the application number. Thus I was able to know about the application number.

Reactions: wizardofwest90210