Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
You didn't get his question. He said he has a pending TRV and his PR is approved! So I am saying he should withdraw the pending TRV
Their argument is an application that has been processed cannot be refunded!

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
They won't! Those guys are thieves. If they cancel then they have to refund the money. It's same thing with me cos I dont need study permit extension after having PR approved but they still approved it anyways
Hello, Sir. Thank you very much for the information. Can I ask if I keep the TRV application going and don't widthdraw it. What is the worst scenario? So they will approve the TRV and not reject it?

Can I also ask if I withdraw the TRV application using CIC web form. Will it leave any negative effect on my file? Will application withdrawn cause any adverse effect in the future?

And what kind of document should I submit to withdraw the application? Currently I only have a PPR email.

Thank you.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Hello, Sir. Thank you very much for the information. Can I ask if I keep the TRV application going and don't widthdraw it. What is the worst scenario? So they will approve the TRV and not reject it?

Can I also ask if I withdraw the TRV application using CIC web form. Will it leave any negative effect on my file? Will application withdrawn cause any adverse effect in the future?

And what kind of document should I submit to withdraw the application? Currently I only have a PPR email.

Thank you.
It's up to you. They will most likely approve it. If you choose to withdraw, go to the link I have mentioned and you will get an opportunity to upload a supporting document which is optional. It can't impact you in any way. As per your questions on answering yes in the future, that's not going to affect you cos even if you get rejected, which is highly unlikely, you will have an opportunity to answer "why" aND you will clearly explain what happened.
I should have withdrawn my study permit but I was wrongly informed I needed to stay in status before landing, so I left it. It's just 150 bucks though but it's a waste of money!

Last edited:

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
It's up to you. They will most likely approve it. If you choose to withdraw, go to the link I have mentioned and you will get an opportunity to upload a supporting document which is optional. It can't impact you in anyway. As per your questions on answering yes in the future, that's not going to affect you cos even if you get rejected, which is highly unlikely, you will have an opportunity to answer "why" aND you will clearly explain what happened.
I should have withdrawn my study permit but I was wrongly informed I needed to stay in status before landing, so I left it. It's just 150 bucks though but it's a waste of mone!
Hello, Sir, yes. And I just find the following CIC link discribing inland TRV-PR applications issues. Can I just ask one more question regarding on this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/pr.asp

I think it said quote: "When processing applications for temporary resident visas for foreign nationals with an application for permanent residence in Canada in progress, take into consideration whether approval in principle (first-stage approval) has been granted. It is consistent with IRPA, and in the best interests of both CIC and the applicant, to facilitate the re-entry of these applicants as temporary residents in order to continue processing their application for permanent residence from within Canada."

From the quoted paragraph, it seems that they will continue to process the TRV regardless whether or not the PR is approved. Can I just ask if my understanding of the above paragraph correct?

And can I also ask how long does the the withdrawn process take? It seems that I also see it on the CIC website somewhere that they will not refund it as long as the it is in process.

Thank you.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Hello, Sir, yes. And I just find the following CIC link discribing inland TRV-PR applications issues. Can I just ask one more question regarding on this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/pr.asp

I think it said quote: "When processing applications for temporary resident visas for foreign nationals with an application for permanent residence in Canada in progress, take into consideration whether approval in principle (first-stage approval) has been granted. It is consistent with IRPA, and in the best interests of both CIC and the applicant, to facilitate the re-entry of these applicants as temporary residents in order to continue processing their application for permanent residence from within Canada."

From the quoted paragraph, it seems that they will continue to process the TRV regardless whether or not the PR is approved. Can I just ask if my understanding of the above paragraph correct?

And can I also ask how long does the withdrawn process take? It seems that I also see it on the CIC website somewhere that they will not refund it as long as the it is in process.

Thank you.
That just validated what I told you. However, the paragraph you quoted was referring to a scenario in which your TRV was approved before PR. Yours is the reverse.
Withdrawal will kick start immediately. You will get a notification email if you initiated the withdrawal properly.
Technically, only IRCC can decide if an application has been processed or not, even though it is yet to be approved. However, you have a chance for a refund if it is yet to be approved.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hello, sir. Thank you very much for the reply. Can I confirm that do you mean they will not reject the TRV application even though they know that the PR is approved?

I think I do want the TRV visa, because I want to do inland landing (by appointment in CIC office), and it will may take a few months to book the appointment. And I actually need to travel back to home country for a visit next month very soon. So I think I do want the TRV to be renewed.

So if I contact CIC by submitting a CSE to ask them to continue to process and don't reject, is it even possible?

Thank you.
Yes you are fine 100%.