+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Regarding on TRV getting rejected because of EE application

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Hello, I have a question regarding on TRV application. While the TRV is stilling processing, if the PR visa application is approved, does it cause the TRV to be rejected? If so, is it possible to withdraw the TRV application before it is getting rejected?

I applied for the TRV last week and it seems there is a PPR email and I don't know if I should widthsraw the TRV right now. Because if I get rejected for TRV, there will be a rejection on my file and I will have to say "yes" to The question "Have you been rejected by the government to issue a visa?".

Does any senior happen to know about this. I really don't know what to do abou this. It seems to me the TRV can be rejected any time now because the average processing time is about 7 days now.

Can seniors shed some light on this? Thank you.

Last edited:

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
If you already have your PPR, Just mail the VO processing your TRV requesting them to withdraw your TRV application as you already got approval for PR. Not a reason to worry, while processing your TRV they will be able to see that you already got approved for PR so I dont think they will reject it.

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
If you already have your PPR, Just mail the VO processing your TRV requesting them to withdraw your TRV application as you already got approval for PR. Not a reason to worry, while processing your TRV they will be able to see that you already got approved for PR so I dont think they will reject it.
Hello, sir. Thank you very much for the reply. Can I confirm that do you mean they will not reject the TRV application even though they know that the PR is approved?

I think I do want the TRV visa, because I want to do inland landing (by appointment in CIC office), and it will may take a few months to book the appointment. And I actually need to travel back to home country for a visit next month very soon. So I think I do want the TRV to be renewed.

So if I contact CIC by submitting a CSE to ask them to continue to process and don't reject, is it even possible?

Thank you.

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
When you get a PR visa, an existing TRV would be cancelled. So I suppose any application for renewal would be disregarded.
Hello, Sir. Thank you very much for the reply. Are you sure that this will be cancelled?

Is there any difference between cancel and rejection?

And is it possible to ask CIC to continue to process because the TRV may need to be used to travel next month (and the PR inland landing process will take at least a few months)?

Thank you.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I had a TRV in my passport that was valid until 2019. When I submitted my passport for the PR visa stamping, they cancelled the TRV with a "Cancelled" stamp.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
When you get a PR visa, an existing TRV would be cancelled. So I suppose any application for renewal would be disregarded.
That's not true.
I applied for study permit extension while waiting for PR. PR got approved early August and Study permit was approved yesterday. I should have withdrawn the application but kept it for some reason. And its not only me...happened to a number of people

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
That's not true.
I applied for study permit extension while waiting for PR. PR got approved early August and Study permit was approved yesterday. I should have withdrawn the application but kept it for some reason. And its not only me...happened to a number of people
Well that's what happened in my case, so it's definitely true. :) TRV got stamped with "cancelled" after the PR visa was stamped.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
I had a TRV in my passport that was valid until 2019. When I submitted my passport for the PR visa stamping, they cancelled the TRV with a "Cancelled" stamp.
Don't make the mistake I made. You have to withdraw the application asap so you can get your money back. Raise a CSE on Cic website. It's IRCC webform. Choose to withdraw an application. I did it late last year. When I realized I didn't need it to renter Canada as long as I am only going to the States and got my money back in 2 months

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Hello, Sir. Thank you very much for the reply. Are you sure that this will be cancelled?

Is there any difference between cancel and rejection?

Thank you.
I had a TRV in my passport that was valid until 2019. When I submitted my passport for the PR visa stamping, the cancelled the TRV with a "Cancelled" stamp.
Hello Sir, thank you very much for the information. Because currently my TRV is still in process, I am just afraid that they will reject the application. A visa rejection means that always have to say "yes" to the "Have you been rejected by any country or government to issue a visa"?

So I just hope it does not get rejected. Can I ask if It is possible to ask CIC to continue to process or withdraw the TRV application? I am really concerned that it will get rejected.

Thank you.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Well that's what happened in my case, so it's definitely true. :) TRV got stamped with "cancelled" after the PR visa was stamped.
We are saying 2 different things!
For a pending application, they will approve it even though they know he doesn't need it. It's different from an existing TRV.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Don't make the mistake I made. You have to withdraw the application asap so you can get your money back. Raise a CSE on Cic website. It's IRCC webform. Choose to withdraw an application. I did it late last year. When I realized I didn't need it to renter Canada as long as I am only going to the States and got my money back in 2 months
Withdraw what application exactly? My PR is approved.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
We are saying 2 different things!
For a pending application, they will approve it even though they know he doesn't need it. It's different from an existing TRV.
Yeah I get what you're saying now - which is why I mentioned in my initial reply that I guess that they would automatically cancel the TRV application. Doesn't seem like the case according to you.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Withdraw what application exactly? My PR is approved.
You didn't get his question. He said he has a pending TRV and his PR is approved! So I am saying he should withdraw the pending TRV

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Yeah I get what you're saying now - which is why I mentioned in my initial reply that I guess that they would automatically cancel the TRV application. Doesn't seem like the case according to you.
They won't! Those guys are thieves. If they cancel then they have to refund the money. It's same thing with me cos I dont need study permit extension after having PR approved but they still approved it anyways