+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Regarding Changing DLI

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hi - As i have already uploaded the LOA for my new DLI through webform. Should i withdraw from previous college at this point? I am asking this because what if IRCC processes my application with previous DLI only as they might not have checked the webform details
I think you should ask yourself, if your visa approval is received for the previous DLI, will you want to proceed with it, or otherwise?

I believe IRCC in their system, the visa officer, while processing your profile, they ought to be able to see that you have submitted a web form with updated information before making any decision on your application.

Of course this is merely my personal assumption, but I think this should be the most likely scenario. IRCC wants to avoid doing repeated work as well.

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
Hi - As i have already uploaded the LOA for my new DLI through webform. Should i withdraw from previous college at this point? I am asking this because what if IRCC processes my application with previous DLI only as they might not have checked the webform details
No, in my opinion, I think you shouldn't withdraw from the previous college. The only thing you have to do is wait for their reply regarding the webform. as it is mentioned on the IRCC website ( It is stated that if your application is still in process, you have to send a webform with the new LOA only). When you get approval on the new DLI, you can withdraw from the previous one.

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
No, in my opinion, I think you shouldn't withdraw from the previous college. The only thing you have to do is wait for their reply regarding the webform. as it is mentioned on the IRCC website ( It is stated that if your application is still in process, you have to send a webform with the new LOA only). When you get approval on the new DLI, you can withdraw from the previous one.
Thanks for the info..

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
You can simply log in to your IRCC account and check your submitted documents.

If IRCC has updated your Letter of Acceptance for the new DLI, you should be able to see it there.
If its not, then your study permit approval IS NOT for the new DLI.

I will write another web form to explain to IRCC that there is a change in DLI and wait for them to update you.

Alternatively, I will submit a new study permit application to save time.
I am also waiting for IRCC to update my DLI after submitting new LOA via web form, its been a month since then, but there are still no updates.
Am thinking of just doing a new application altogether instead of waiting endlessly.
Can I start a new application for the first time and fill in all the information? or my information is being saved on the website? and what is the personal reference code? where can I find it ?

aparna_m

Dec 21, 2023
My study permit application is in progress ,but i was offered by another public DLI college and got new LOA . so should i upload new college LOA thru webform ? and also any explanation letter as this new course is different than the first college course and first collge does not support a PGWP.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My study permit application is in progress ,but i was offered by another public DLI college and got new LOA . so should i upload new college LOA thru webform ? and also any explanation letter as this new course is different than the first college course and first collge does not support a PGWP.
Are you outside of Canada?