+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Regarding Changing DLI

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
You can simply log in to your IRCC account and check your submitted documents.

If IRCC has updated your Letter of Acceptance for the new DLI, you should be able to see it there.
If its not, then your study permit approval IS NOT for the new DLI.

I will write another web form to explain to IRCC that there is a change in DLI and wait for them to update you.

Alternatively, I will submit a new study permit application to save time.
I am also waiting for IRCC to update my DLI after submitting new LOA via web form, its been a month since then, but there are still no updates.
Am thinking of just doing a new application altogether instead of waiting endlessly.

Reactions: AsmaaKF

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020

If IRCC has updated your Letter of Acceptance for the new DLI, you should be able to see it there.

I will write another web form to explain to IRCC that there is a change in DLI and wait for them to update you.

I am also waiting for IRCC to update my DLI after submitting new LOA via web form, its been a month since then, but there are still no updates.
Am thinking of just doing a new application altogether instead of waiting endlessly.
you are also changing from college to university?

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022

What should I do if there is no update until September? As I booked the flight on 1 September and the program will start at fall.
In this situation can land in the city where the old program is, then moving to the other university?

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
What should I do if there is no update until September? As I booked the flight on 1 September and the program will start at fall.
In this situation can land in the city where the old program is, then moving to the other university?
Ok, there is a mistake in my earlier post.

You WILL NOT see your latest documents in your account even if IRCC has updated them.
Typically IRCC takes a month or even longer to actually look at any web forms you sent them.

So if you received an approval only shortly after sending them a web form of your new LOA, 90% chances are this is for your earlier enrolment.

It is a HUGE blooper to book any flights until you are sure you have secured your visa.
Unless you are willing to go for your original school / program, which I strongly suggest you to, since you ALREADY have an approval now, if not you will need to cancel your flight and wait for IRCC's response.

I am also in the wait game too, and mine is even longer cause I missed including an updated application form in my first webform sent. I only realized this a couple of days ago and I sent a second webform immediately.

However, precious days have been wasted, I will just have to bite the bullet and wait.
My program starts next year January, but I havent made any flight bookings yet.

I have to just brace myself to pay high airfares for last minute bookings.

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
1. I did that two days ago in the evening, I sent a webform to change the program and the university, then in the morning, I recieved the study permit approval. Until now I did not receive a confirmation email regarding the webform, and I don't know if the approval is for the first or the new program.
After submitting my webform for changing DLI, I received the confirmation by email that my webform query is submitted. However, the confirmation email only includes my query (i.e. the material that i wrote in the webform) and does not include any attachments (for documents that I uploaded with my webform). My query is does the webform submission confirmation email only shows the query or also show the documents you uploaded?

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
After submitting my webform for changing DLI, I received the confirmation by email that my webform query is submitted. However, the confirmation email only includes my query (i.e. the material that i wrote in the webform) and does not include any attachments (for documents that I uploaded with my webform). My query is does the webform submission confirmation email only shows the query or also show the documents you uploaded?
That email which you received is merely a standard system generated template from the visa office when their mail server received your enquiry.
If you submitted a webform, I believe you only see a confirmation page after making the submission, they do not send you a separate email for that.

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
That email which you received is merely a standard system generated template from the visa office when their mail server received your enquiry.
If you submitted a webform, I believe you only see a confirmation page after making the submission, they do not send you a separate email for that.
So i think it is okay to assume that they wont be adding any webform uploaded attachments to that email

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
So i think it is okay to assume that they wont be adding any webform uploaded attachments to that email
Sorry but I don't get your question.
You submitted a web form to IRCC, because you wanted to update them with new documents correct?

So as long as you attached those documents in your web form, they sent you a confirmation email that they received it, that will be fine.
I dun understand why you are asking for attachments in the email, do you even need those?

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
yeah, I think this is enough, but do it as asap, best luck.
Hi - As i have already uploaded the LOA for my new DLI through webform. Should i withdraw from previous college at this point? I am asking this because what if IRCC processes my application with previous DLI only as they might not have checked the webform details