+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Question Regarding EE Application

louis0115

Nov 15, 2016
Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone could help with two questions I have:

1) Names - my parents changed my name in 2002 (because they believed the new name would bring me luck...) Does anyone share similar experience? What documents are required to support the name change?

2) Personal Activities section - from 2010/07 to 2010/08 I was between high school and university. How should I address this period? What should be the right activity type I use?

Your help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Louis

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone could help with two questions I have:

1) Names - my parents changed my name in 2002 (because they believed the new name would bring me luck...) Does anyone share similar experience? What documents are required to support the name change? You can use a "Name Change" affidavit and mention your previously used name in the application.

2) Personal Activities section - from 2010/07 to 2010/08 I was between high school and university. How should I address this period? What should be the right activity type I use? You can select "Unemployed" and mention "Waiting for the school session to begin" or something similar.

Your help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Louis

louis0115

Nov 15, 2016
Hi Maverick28,

Really appreciate your help, just one more question if you don't mind. Would you happen to name which name change type would fit for my case better?

There are two types of name that look similar:

Birth
Former Name

I am uncertain which one describes my situation better.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Louis

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Just to check before you take actions - did your parents go through the proper legal name change process for you? Did your have a different name on previous passport/ID/diploma than the name you have now?

My thoughts on your question - how many name changes did you have? If you were given the previously name at birth, that was your birth name. However if your name was changed twice (or more), you will have a birth name, former name(s), and current name. Former name doesn't always mean birth name. Make sense?