15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Passed 26-02-2016 (after re-assessment)
Interview........
Paid RPRF 08-12-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
Hi all,

I was accepted into a 1 yr post grad cert. program to start Jan 2016. I am currently a visitor in Canada but am awaiting my PR (applied thru express entry in April).

I applied for my study permit online thru CIC because I did the online questionnaire and it said I would be eligible to apply.
However, I just spoke to CIC Agent and they said I did the application incorrectly b/c I am a visitor so I should apply outside Canada or to a Visa Office in LA.

I'm just confused because the online questionnaire asks if you "applied Permanent Residency and gone through first stage approval" and I answered yes so I thought I could apply in Canada as visitor.

Please clarify this for me because if I did this incorrectly, I will have to start over ASAP!

Thanks!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
cat89 said:
Hi all,

I was accepted into a 1 yr post grad cert. program to start Jan 2016. I am currently a visitor in Canada but am awaiting my PR (applied thru express entry in April).

I applied for my study permit online thru CIC because I did the online questionnaire and it said I would be eligible to apply.
However, I just spoke to CIC Agent and they said I did the application incorrectly b/c I am a visitor so I should apply outside Canada or to a Visa Office in LA.

I'm just confused because the online questionnaire asks if you "applied Permanent Residency and gone through first stage approval" and I answered yes so I thought I could apply in Canada as visitor.

Please clarify this for me because if I did this incorrectly, I will have to start over ASAP!

Thanks!
well which stage of PR application ru in? have u got ITA? AOR?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
"If you are in Canada as a visitor and wish to apply for a study permit to attend a designated learning institution, you may be able to do so from within Canada. As of June 1, 2014, certain foreign nationals may apply for and receive a study permit from within Canada. These include:

minor children studying at the primary or secondary level;
exchange or visiting students; and
students who have completed a short-term course or program of study that is a condition for acceptance at a designated institution.

For more information on applying for a study permit from within Canada, please see Get a study permit."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

cat89

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Passed 26-02-2016 (after re-assessment)
Interview........
Paid RPRF 08-12-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
I have AOR and just paid RPRF fee. Waiting for DM.

I know CIC it says that but the questionnaire specifically asks before you can apply online if you are one of the following categories and one of them was "applied for PR w/ first stage approval".

Afterwards, I got a ref # to apply online with so I thought everything was fine. Does this mean I should start over and send my app to outside Canada?