NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 December 2011[br]PER...............: 15 February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band 8.0)
File Transfer...
19 June 2012 [br]([i]"We started processing your application"[i])
Med's Request
02 August 2012
Med's Done....
08 August 2012[br]Med's Recvd...: 14 August 2012[br]Med's on ECAS: 25 August 2012[br][i]("Medical results have been received")[/i]
Passport Req..
18 October 2012[br]Decision Made: 31 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 October 2012
Hi everybody,

I hope somebody can help me out with this:

I am having my speaking test soon and I would like to know whether I can have a wrist watch during my exam so I can check on the time during my "speech"?

I would appreciate if somebody has information on this according to their experience. Thank you.

Michaela

funty

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
not yet
Miki27 said:
Hi everybody,

I am having my speaking test soon and I would like to know whether I can have a wrist watch during my exam so I can check on the time during my "speech"?

I would appreciate if somebody has information on this according to their experience. Thank you.

Michaela
Well, I have no experience as I have not written the test yet. But based on the common sense I have, I dont see why you cant wear a wrist-watch during your test. You can even wear 10 wristwatches if you want, nobody can stop you.

But why would you want to keep looking at your wristwatch during the speaking test? Dont you think you'll be distracted, and you wont look relaxed. Better to practice now in front of a mirror or friend and time yourself, then, you'll be able to estimate how long you've talked at any time

Miki27

Sep 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 December 2011[br]PER...............: 15 February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band 8.0)
File Transfer...
19 June 2012 [br]([i]"We started processing your application"[i])
Med's Request
02 August 2012
Med's Done....
08 August 2012[br]Med's Recvd...: 14 August 2012[br]Med's on ECAS: 25 August 2012[br][i]("Medical results have been received")[/i]
Passport Req..
18 October 2012[br]Decision Made: 31 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 October 2012
funty said:
Well, I have no experience as I have not written the test yet. But based on the common sense I have, I dont see why you cant wear a wrist-watch during your test. You can even wear 10 wristwatches if you want, nobody can stop you.

But why would you want to keep looking at your wristwatch during the speaking test? Dont you think you'll be distracted, and you wont look relaxed. Better to practice now in front of a mirror or friend and time yourself, then, you'll be able to estimate how long you've talked at any time
This is a valid point but I am just afraid that at my exam, when I am less realxed than at home, that I might have the feeling that I have been talking for 2 minutes already when in fact it was less than that.

Thank you for your reply.

diosa24

Feb 10, 2012
Hi! is there any dress code during SPEAK test? i will be taking the test on this monday. just wondering. thank you for the info. :D ;)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diosa24 said:
Hi! is there any dress code during SPEAK test? i will be taking the test on this monday. just wondering. thank you for the info. :D ;)
Nope! just dress casually. Atleast that's what I did. They just grade you on what you say and how you say it, not on how you dressed.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miki27 said:
This is a valid point but I am just afraid that at my exam, when I am less realxed than at home, that I might have the feeling that I have been talking for 2 minutes already when in fact it was less than that.

Thank you for your reply.
There isn't a time limit for the speaking test, as long as you can give an answer that shows your speaking abilities or knowledge of the topics, you should be fine. They are more looking for your abilities to communicate. From my experiences, if you wear a watch, you'll obligated to check the time and that makes the test takers more nervous. Just relax!

There IS a time limit for the written part though.

hokaito

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
1123 / 4163 / 0124
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best thing is to be yourself in a calm and composed way. Please remember that it is a test and not a party or a business meeting. Dressing should either be casual or formal that suits your personality. Wrist watch and other things are immaterial. You should be able to speak correctly and with confidence. I have a score of 7.5 in my speaking test and i wore a jeans and Tshirt with a sweater on top. that's it.

Best of Luck.

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miki27 said:
Hi everybody,

Michaela
when you are going to interview the secretary ask you to leave noisy thing like mp3player,cell phone etc but not watch.during speaking you don't need to check the time because it will held between 11 to 14 minutes.i think you should read all notes about speaking for example the first time is devoured the questions about introducing yourself,work and your home next time examiner give you a cue card and then ask you to answer them at finally examiner begin to challenge the topic,however I think you should be relax and comfortable before test

morismemo

Jan 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hokaito said:
The best thing is to be yourself in a calm and composed way. Please remember that it is a test and not a party or a business meeting. Dressing should either be casual or formal that suits your personality. Wrist watch and other things are immaterial. You should be able to speak correctly and with confidence. I have a score of 7.5 in my speaking test and i wore a jeans and Tshirt with a sweater on top. that's it.

Best of Luck.
Its nice to read that you receive 7.5 in your speaking test. Great 8)
And you absolutely right that there is no any special restrictions about wrist watch but its common think when you see the time on your watch during speaking its create negative impact. :(