+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Query

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am a Jan intake student taking online classes rn.
Course - Msc International Business
Western University, Ivey Business School

It is a 16 months course ( Jan 21 - April 22 ) - 4 months per sem

Given that I don't have a visa yet, I plan to do the first 2 sems online from India.
The remaining 2 sems are going to be spent in Europe doing exchanges while still being enrolled at Ivey.

What implications do you think this has on my pgwp? Am i still eligible for a pgwp given that IRCC says that program can be attended outside canada till dec 21?

I need to finalize these exchanges soon, so any help is appreciated.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If they extend that date then you may be fine but if they don't then you will have done more than 100% of your program outside Canada right

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
If they extend that date then you may be fine but if they don't then you will have done more than 100% of your program outside Canada right
So I am not really looking for a 3 year pgwp. My goal is to just get a 1 year pgwp.

Acc to the rule, one is eligible for pgwp given that one spends atleast 50% of the program in Canada. I was supposed to be in Canada for the first 8 months, however given that they have delayed visas I am not able to fulfill that requirement. Do you think the embassy would consider that?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I am familiar with the program structure but I doubt the VO will cater to such a niche situation/issue. Then again, they often go out of their guidelines so it depends if you want to take that risk.

Reactions: John601

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
I am familiar with the program structure but I doubt the VO will cater to such a niche situation/issue. Then again, they often go out of their guidelines so it depends if you want to take that risk.
I understand, thankyou