+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PRTD application sent by email. Received confirmation of receipt but did not meet some requirements

stipey

Aug 23, 2014
Hello,

My wife submitted a PRTD application by email yesterday to return to Canada from India. We immediately received a confirmation email mentioning:

1) Submit all pages of the passport (we just submitted the first page, stamped pages and the last page)
2) Individual attachment size cannot be greater than 5MB (one of our attachments was 14 MB)

I spoke with IRCC and they mentioned it's best to wait until they reach out to correct any mistakes but our timeline is very tight for her return to Canada (Nov 11 return flight, travel was last minute due to family emergency and her PR card is still in the process of being renewed). He also mentioned they won't even open the larger attachments.

So I'm inquiring if I can just submit the entire corrected package again? I've seen this mentioned here on a few comments. What was your experience when doing this? Or would this cause confusion with the IRCC process as per the rep I spoke with?

Any help is appreciated!

Update - We just received an email to send corrected application, so that was very fast on the part of IRCC.

Last edited: